Dynadot

I cannot register a domain with West.xyz - any suggestions?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

rayman617

Established Member
Impact
First they say I need to have a prefunded account. I added more than enough to cover the cost of registration for a .tv. Then when I add the domain to my cart and follow through with the WHois demographics and payment, the domain is never added to my account. The interface is very cumbersome and hard to follow. They also require me to enter a security question but they never accept it stating that it needs to be above 2 characters.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I heard that Chinese registrars have an obligation to request an ID copy if/when they sell the domain registration (as per Chinese law). If you do not reside in China, you will likely need to do the same and they will have to process it manually. West.xyz appears to be located in China. This may be the reason why you cannot register anything with them yet. Do you want to provide an ID just to register a domain is a question to be answered in any case.

•••
Use non-Chinese registrars, the only one suggestion here.

•••
I'm trying to place an order for 3 incoming transfer IN domains on their 'western' website west.xyz. First off, it talks Mandarin to me also - such as 余额不足,需要59元

WHY is that?

2nd, it appears I have to pre-fund the account first? Then I get the following message:

Paypal requires 5% handling fee and west.xyz will convert the actual payment into RMB at the rate of 1:6.4
Please note the minimum recharge amount is $25.

Whaaaat? So, if I want to transfer 3 domains in and the total is
Total:$ 27.65

What do they expect me to do? Add extra 5% plus some money for their exchange rate even though they quoted the price to me in USD?

I don't understand this.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back