Dynadot

question Hypothetical question about GoDaddy and taxes

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lord Antares

Top Member
Impact
Hypothetically speaking, what could go wrong if I changed my country of residence to some African country where they don't collect taxes so that I don't have to pay VAT for domains? Asking for a friend.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think all African countries charge some kind of tax - you would need to look at countries, states or principalities like the below

Bahamas
The British Virgin Islands
Brunei
Monaco
Vanuatu

Probably a few more, the above where off the top off my head (could be wrong so double check)

You can get a free consultancy with an off shore tax adviser, normally done over the phone and they will go through how it how it works

•••
Yeah but there's a list of countries for which godaddy is collecting taxes:

https://ca.godaddy.com/help/countries-in-which-godaddy-is-collecting-taxes-24731

As you may notice, the majority of countries are not on the list. Therefore, by changing your account details (namely residence), you might be able to avoid paying VAT, no? I'm just avoid about a potential account lock or something.

All highly hypothetical, of course.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back