Dynadot

discuss How would you use a domain name that refers to an app?

NameSilo
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
I came across an interesting scenario. Let's say you have a domain name that finds usage as an app more than a website.

For example, CallBlacklist.com

This is a name or the keyword that people mostly would look for in a Play Store and download an app instead of going on a website.
I was wondering how would you put such a domain name to use or sell it to someone who is a targeted customer?

As for me, I find it hard to conclude on choosing or convincing an end user who operates on an app, to go with my domain name.

Any thoughts on this?

How would you use? How would you sell?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
For most critical apps, I typically do some amount of research on the app and try to gather reviews of the apps to choose from them. This is especially more critical as an Android user where fake/scammy/shitty/malware type apps are a lot more common than iOS. Also, Android apps tend to ask for too many permissions which is intrusive as hell.

Although an EMD for the app might not be something that I rely on if it is published by the app publisher, I might go to it if it is owned by a 3rd party publisher/reviewer...

That's one of the ways I can think of using such domains

Another might be as an informational website about the app, technology etc

•••
For most critical apps, I typically do some amount of research on the app and try to gather reviews of the apps to choose from them. This is especially more critical as an Android user where fake/scammy/sh*tty/malware type apps are a lot more common than iOS. Also, Android apps tend to ask for too many permissions which is intrusive as hell.

Although an EMD for the app might not be something that I rely on if it is published by the app publisher, I might go to it if it is owned by a 3rd party publisher/reviewer...

That's one of the ways I can think of using such domains

Another might be as an informational website about the app, technology etc

Right. So what you are talking about is a form of an aggregator of apps in that niche?

Another use is the information site.

But how to market it to the owner of the app? I mean these things are like building up a business. What if it is only the domain name I need to sell them to. What's the solution for that, if any??

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back