advice How would you respond?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ScalableDomains

ScalableDomains.comEstablished Member
Impact
How would you respond if:

Here is the background -

Sent an outbound email which created an inquiry for a domain name.

I sent the price for the domain name along with the make offer option (efty link).

The person was not interested. I had another outbound inquiry in which I repriced the domain name with no response. I also sent a follow-up email to the first inquiry to inform them of the re-priced domain name.

The response to the first inquiry was from an Exec VP.

"Please discontinue your emails unless you accept $XXX (Which was the minimal offer). No Negotiation."

I accepted the offer. (it gets better). I offered two options to purchase.

Today I received the email

"Let me think about it"

How would you respond? I will let you what I did after a few discussions.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Additionally, I’d increase the price at least 100%-500% depending on your current price.

IMO, outbound domain sales aren’t good strategy. It devalues a domain (not always, depends on a style of your outbound communication).

I have been domain speculating a little over two years now and the 5 sales I have made so far were all inbound sales, except one. I've done outbound marketing, but it has netted me only one sale so far of portfolio of (100 dot-Coms). That's why I don't like PPC, for some reason the default page that GoDaddy uses works best form me because it allows them to contact a broker to inquire about your domain.

Likewise, I don't see the point in having a PPC page unless you have a premium domain like Sex.com or Money.com and hold a trademark too.

•••
You heard him move on if he feels he is missing out he will be back.
If you exhausted your 2 leads on the domain then how many customers can the domain bring if you only can come up with 2 leads? Work on another domain and clear your head.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back