IT.COM

How to Sell Domains Fast - Marketplace or Own Site

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

JamesCrew

Established Member
Impact
Hi mates,

So after investing in more than 20 domains, I am desperately trying to sell couple of those since February 2015, but have yet to see any positive response.

I have tried the old 'Email to Potential Buyer' method but with no success. So now I am seriously thinking to launch my very own website with my domains listed for sale there.

But before I do that, I would like to know what you guys think would be a better and faster (not to mention more profitable) approach for selling domains?

I have other option of listing my domains to marketplaces like SEDO, Afternic and etc.. Have already done that last month, lets see what happens. But what I was thinking, would launching my domain selling website be a more direct method to attract buyers for the right price?

Would really appreciate your input mates. I am just about to lose my patience if I don't sell something fast, lol...

Good day,

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There is no such thing called "Get Rich Fast" selling domain names. You have to be patient.
we bought a domain name on ebay a year ago for $25 ,we have just sold the domain name on sedo
for 30k.Please be patient. Don't rush to give away your domains.
Most domains with .de extension sell faster on sedO.one letter domain sells faster. Chinese clients
buy all the numeric like 123.com .
The game on sedo is as follow: let say a domain name with .com sells for $300k 2days ago.
If you can ,register the same domain name with .de and put it back on sedo.The domain will sell in less
than a week. Because the .com buyer will come back to get the other extensions.
Good Luck

Thanks for dropping by mate.

Yes I am not one of those people who dream of pressig a button and want to see big bucks rolling in. The objective my post here is to know what experienced domainers are doing to sell their domains (instantly or slowly) and what type of exposure/marketing/publicity/lead generation they are adopting to sell domains. In short, my point is to know which methods (other than outreaching) is working best for them and bringing in sales, domain marketplaces, own sites or something else.

I will say it again that I am good with patience and can wait a longer to sell my domains for the right price. But still, like I said in my previous post, the ball hasn't started to roll yet for me and I want to figure out a way (or ways) to get a single sale done to get the game started. Besides, bringing in my first sale would 'officially' entitle me to call myself a 'domainer', lol.

Cheers,

•••
@JamesCrew I would suggest you look at money differently. This really helped me when i learned this

Instead of 'trying to make more money' i suggest you try to 'double your money'. And change your beliefs about money. You said you don't want to sell $20 or $40 domains because its not in your plan. <-This is the reason you haven't sold a single domain yet. Let me explain.

You have to start somewhere & it only takes 20 'steps' to double $1.00... 20 times to make a million dollars.

example:
1) 1x2=2
2) 2x2=4
3) 4x2=8
4) 8x2=16
5) 16x2=32
6) 32x2=64
7) 64x2=128
8) 128x2=256
9) 256x2=512
10) 512x2=1,024
11) 1,024x2=2,048
12) 2,048x2=4,096
13) 4,096x2=8,192
14) 8,192x2=16,384
15) 16,384x2=32,768
16) 32,768x2=65,536
17) 65,536x2=131,072
18) 131,072x2= 262,144
19) 262,144x2=524,288
20) 524,288x2=$1,048,578

Im currently on step 17 and started with a .99 cent Godaddy coupon code. It didn't happen quick, but it did snowball like the example above. Now that I only have 4 'steps' to the finish line, when i buy a bunch of domains i count them all as one 'step' until i reach the next 'step'. I look forward to buying a 100K domain name and then a $250k domain name :)

The hardest thing to do is convince yourself there is no difference between $1, or $100 or $1,000 or $10,000 or $100,000. Once numbers are no longer viewed as 'money' it becomes a very doable goal if you don't set a timeframe. Also keeping your day job is key so you don't spend your profits.

Hope this helped! I know it helped me since i started looking at money different.

•••
You said you don't want to sell $20 or $40 domains because its not in your plan. <-This is the reason you haven't sold a single domain yet. Let me explain.

I was hoping to get this type of response, lol.

Mate, I frankly have to disagree with you on that. Just because I have set my goals a bit higher (not high as xx,xxx range) that doesn't mean I will never sell any domains. Secondly, I am a newbie and I still am working on how to fairly price my domains. It's a major factor that can either make or break a sale and the business all along. But pricing my domains in xx range just because I want to start selling domains wouldn't do me any good as I value my domains more than that (just like every domainer loves their domains; right, hehehe.)

Secondly, I admit that not every domain is the same and holds the same attributes taking under consideration so many things, but still, when I buy a domain, my goal is to sell it for low or mid four figures. Why you might ask? Because the majority of my domains are based on tech related/industry trends. And I am positive that these can be sold for a fair price, but selling them for $20 or $50 a piece just to get started wouldn't be a fair deal. Just my two cents.

I like steps you've mentioned but you know what they say, there are different ways of doing a single thing. My way of doing things may be different and more effective from others (just as soon as I figure it out, lol.)

Thanks for your response and advices, appreciate it.

•••
I never was a domainer, it all just stated with a mistake. i was looking for a item on ebay and accidentally i bought a domain name. The domain name was just in $19 and seller don't want to cancel the order. so i keep the name and i wasn't know what to do with the domain. after 4 to 5 days i relist that name on ebay in $25 and forgot about that. After 28 days i received an email from ebay that your item listed on ebay has been SOLD. I push that domain to the buyer and register some domain in $25 using Godaddy coupons and after that i got interest in domains. now i mostly deal in 4 letter.com domain and succefully selling on different platforms. but especially on ebay my highest sale on ebay until now is $700.So i suggest ebay to the domainers for quick sale if your domain value is under $500. Domain names under $100 can make quick sale but still luck depends on the domain name.

•••
Mate, I frankly have to disagree with you on that. Just because I have set my goals a bit higher (not high as xx,xxx range) that doesn't mean I will never sell any domains

Ever notice that a lot of lottery winners end up filing for bankruptcy? Ever notice that a lot of kids who's parents left them money, go broke?? This is because they never 'learned' the experience of earning money, they were just handed it.

I take the same perspective on selling. If your not willing to start small, then you will miss out on 'learning' and the experience what comes with each transaction. Example.. if you had already been selling on ebay or flippa you would gain the 'experience' and confidence from each sale.

Do you know the tips and tricks of selling on ebay or flippa? NO, NO you don't, because your pride won't let you experience it. You have convinced yourself that you couldn't gain anything from starting small, however you have missed out on the important part.... experience. And hence why you created this tread and don't have a single sale yet.

My point is, if your not willing to gain the experience needed to succeed, then don't be surprised when you lack the knowledge, confidence, and reputation.... and instead rely on using 'hope' to sell your domains.

•••
Ever notice that a lot of lottery winners end up filing for bankruptcy? Ever notice that a lot of kids who's parents left them money, go broke?? This is because they never 'learned' the experience of earning money, they were just handed it.

I take the same perspective on selling. If your not willing to start small, then you will miss out on 'learning' and the experience what comes with each transaction. Example.. if you had already been selling on ebay or flippa you would gain the 'experience' and confidence from each sale.

Do you know the tips and tricks of selling on ebay or flippa? NO, NO you don't, because your pride won't let you experience it. You have convinced yourself that you couldn't gain anything from starting small, however you have missed out on the important part.... experience. And hence why you created this tread and don't have a single sale yet.

My point is, if your not willing to gain the experience needed to succeed, then don't be surprised when you lack the knowledge, confidence, and reputation.... and instead rely on using 'hope' to sell your domains.

Good examples mate, but I don't see how you get the impression of me taken over by my pride, or the idea I am not willing to start small. But despite these examples, the domain industry is different and unpredictable. That's what I know. One can purchase a $2 domain and sell it for over $10,000 and even $40,000 in just a matter of few months. So estimations and doing things based on what we are getting isn't always a good strategy. I would give an example here of Shane of Flippa who purchased a domain from another fellow for $120 and sold it for $10,000 in only a month. So things are mostly unpredictable.

But that doesn't mean every domain can be sold for that price. Nope. I understand there are certain metrics a domain should have to get these kind of prices. Again, hoping to sell a domain desperately even for peanuts is most certainly not my plan. I can wait and 'learn', instead of 'lose' and whine.

I have not sold anything on ebay or flippa because I know a little about these markets. These are not end-user markets (may be Flippa but for average domains, one can only expect a reseller price.) But like I said, just because I haven't used any platform, that doesn't mean I don't have any knowledge about them.

As far as experience goes, it follows the quality of knowledge and applied practice. That is exactly the reason why I have opened this thread, to get the knowledge from senior members here about selling domains. And yet you bring in my pride in between, lol.

I would say the same thing about the definition of 'starting small.' It's different for everyone. For others may be $20 or $50 sale is a good start. Buy hey, I just happen to have my own goals set differently than others, and believe me I have stats to back my goals, regardless I am a newbie. So pride has nothing to do with it my friend, it is general knowledge and learning. And that's what I am still digging here and there.

A bit off topic but I think it may be helpful to mention here. Just the other day I was reading a thread from a newbie here asking how he can start domain selling. The majority of replies were based on telling him to 'lose money and learn yourself.' Interesting how people avoided to share the basic knowledge with that newbie and instead of guiding and answering the question, they suggested him to "go make mistakes and find out." I don't know what was the logic behind that but that's not the answer he was looking for or I would have given.

I do admit that people do make mistakes during the process and one can not teach anyone everything altogether, but there's something that differentiates professionals from newbies, and that is their experience. They can help newbies by guiding them about the mistakes they had made when they were learning. So the new comers can avoid these mistakes which are avoidable, but I was surprised to see the majority of replies were only encouraging that newbie to go make mistakes. Weird but true.

The reason for opening this thread was not to receive tips or secret domain selling techniques from pros at all . The reason was to know about what senior sellers think should be a good plan to start the process.

Cheers,

PS: I am getting a feeling that the topic of my opened thread was different than the replies it is receiving now.

•••

I'm completely agree with you.As i said before i started with $19 and today within 6 months i have $6.9K investment and i already made $5.4K in profit.Thanks to Efty.com to account that for me.the point is selling from small amount will definately give you experince, confidence, exposure, trust in buyers.

Last edited:
•••
@JamesCrew I think you are still overlooking what i am saying.

You need experience, and you can only gain so much experience by reading. I can read and ask professionals how to ice-skate but i will not truly learn until i experience it for myself. Same with domaining.

My suggestion would be buy another domain you are not attached to, with a coupon code and 'experience' what it is like to sell if for double or more. Because there is NO difference between a $1 and a $1,000,000 domain sale, except a mental game and a few zeros. The entire process is the same:

1) You use a marketplace or your own site to list the domain or you contact potential buyers.
2) You get an offer or a BIN
3) You get payment via paypal, Bitcoin, etc
4) You login and push the domain to the buyer.
5) You smile.

You have yet to experience this process, and the more you do the better you will get. But if you wanna do things the hard way, thats OK most people are stubborn and they don't want to start at the bottom of the ladder, they wanna run and jump on the ladder, but most fall off. Experience goes a long way.

•••
Everyone did not mention this working way to sell domains fast.
Put them on namepros auction with $0 starting bid.
Watch them go out the door!

•••
@JamesCrew I would suggest you look at money differently. This really helped me when i learned this

Instead of 'trying to make more money' i suggest you try to 'double your money'. And change your beliefs about money. You said you don't want to sell $20 or $40 domains because its not in your plan. <-This is the reason you haven't sold a single domain yet. Let me explain.

You have to start somewhere & it only takes 20 'steps' to double $1.00... 20 times to make a million dollars.

example:
1) 1x2=2
2) 2x2=4
3) 4x2=8
4) 8x2=16
5) 16x2=32
6) 32x2=64
7) 64x2=128
8) 128x2=256
9) 256x2=512
10) 512x2=1,024
11) 1,024x2=2,048
12) 2,048x2=4,096
13) 4,096x2=8,192
14) 8,192x2=16,384
15) 16,384x2=32,768
16) 32,768x2=65,536
17) 65,536x2=131,072
18) 131,072x2= 262,144
19) 262,144x2=524,288
20) 524,288x2=$1,048,578

Im currently on step 17 and started with a .99 cent Godaddy coupon code. It didn't happen quick, but it did snowball like the example above. Now that I only have 4 'steps' to the finish line, when i buy a bunch of domains i count them all as one 'step' until i reach the next 'step'. I look forward to buying a 100K domain name and then a $250k domain name :)

The hardest thing to do is convince yourself there is no difference between $1, or $100 or $1,000 or $10,000 or $100,000. Once numbers are no longer viewed as 'money' it becomes a very doable goal if you don't set a timeframe. Also keeping your day job is key so you don't spend your profits.

Hope this helped! I know it helped me since i started looking at money different.

Thanks for above write up.Will apply as I learn more about domaining invesment

•••
@JamesCrew I think you are still overlooking what i am saying.

You need experience, and you can only gain so much experience by reading. I can read and ask professionals how to ice-skate but i will not truly learn until i experience it for myself. Same with domaining.

My suggestion would be buy another domain you are not attached to, with a coupon code and 'experience' what it is like to sell if for double or more. Because there is NO difference between a $1 and a $1,000,000 domain sale, except a mental game and a few zeros. The entire process is the same:

1) You use a marketplace or your own site to list the domain or you contact potential buyers.
2) You get an offer or a BIN
3) You get payment via paypal, Bitcoin, etc
4) You login and push the domain to the buyer.
5) You smile.

You have yet to experience this process, and the more you do the better you will get. But if you wanna do things the hard way, thats OK most people are stubborn and they don't want to start at the bottom of the ladder, they wanna run and jump on the ladder, but most fall off. Experience goes a long way.

Now that's what I can implement. Thanks for the idea mate, appreciate it.

Agreed I have yet to experience the sale process but that should not mean that I must start from any point---anypoint. For that to achieve, one should have goals.

And my friend, what you are calling my stubbornness is what I call a strategic plan. I have been learning about domaining since 2009 and have lost $$$ in garbage domains. But it was till last year in August, when I seriously turned to domaining (learning and domain buying part.)

I would also call it irrelevant where you mentioned something about 'long jump' and 'ladder' part. Because it's not about jumping here and there aimlessly, it's about having a long term plan.

I will give an example of Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg. He was approached by Bill Gates in 2007 (if I can remember it right) and Bill offered $5 Billion to acquire Facebook. Facebook was not financially developed that time and $5 Billion was a HUGE amount of money. Anyone could have taken the ladder and move on. But Mike didn't. Because he had plans to develop and move on with Facebook taking the site to the next level. Now as we speak, only Mark's fortune is worth more than $34 Billion. I guess if he should've climbed the ladder in 2007, he would be cursing himself today; lol.

I would again emphasize on the fact that just because I have set my goals backed by stats and knowledge I have gained so far (and an learning along the way) doesn't mean I will never achieve them or am not willing to start small. I have already mentioned my definition of starting small. It can vary from people to people; right!

Just to be more clear here (again) , I am not looking to earn some quick bucks through domaining as I have mentioned in my previous posts that I have long term goals with this business and I will not jump to any offer I receive for my domains, unless it's logically acceptable. That is why I would say it again that I can wait and see the results.

Good day,

•••
Hi mates,

So after investing in more than 20 domains, I am desperately trying to sell couple of those since February 2015, but have yet to see any positive response.

I have tried the old 'Email to Potential Buyer' method but with no success. So now I am seriously thinking to launch my very own website with my domains listed for sale there.

But before I do that, I would like to know what you guys think would be a better and faster (not to mention more profitable) approach for selling domains?

I have other option of listing my domains to marketplaces like SEDO, Afternic and etc.. Have already done that last month, lets see what happens. But what I was thinking, would launching my domain selling website be a more direct method to attract buyers for the right price?

Would really appreciate your input mates. I am just about to lose my patience if I don't sell something fast, lol...

Good day,

Read as much as you can from here.

Listen to every single podcast from DomainSherpa.com Then listen to them again.

Search NameBio.com and DNPric.es for recent sales similar to your names.

Best of luck to you!

•••
sure you can put a 7 day auction on Godaddy, too bad no one will ever see it!

•••
See,this depends upon the quality of your domains,to make a sale.Good and premium quality domains sell faster in any market place.You can also try using estibot end user tool to sell domains to end users looking to start their own website/business.Here the domains sell in a range of 100-150 USD.

•••
I will give an example of Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg. He was approached by Bill Gates in 2007 (if I can remember it right) and Bill offered $5 Billion to acquire Facebook.

Really, you know nothing about domaining. Not only you didn't have sales, but you didn't care to read this forum well to understand basics.. ABC!

Facebook is BAD example. Totally wrong example.
There is no comparison in terms of sale and strategy between:
1) Domain
2) Site and domain aka developed domain (with site sitting on a valuable domain)
3) Good site (and social networks are very promising in liquidating) sitting on ANY domain.

Please, swallow your pride and read the forum well.

•••
Really, you know nothing about domaining. Not only you didn't have sales, but you didn't care to read this forum well to understand basics.. ABC!

Facebook is BAD example. Totally wrong example.
There is no comparison in terms of sale and strategy between:
1) Domain
2) Site and domain aka developed domain (with site sitting on a valuable domain)
3) Good site (and social networks are very promising in liquidating) sitting on ANY domain.

Please, swallow your pride and read the forum well.

Wow. That is rude and ignorant of you mate. Not only have you not taken the time to read my post carefully and try to understand it, but you are also treating me like I have said something totally illogical here.

I would suggested you read my post again "carefully". It has nothing to do with your domaining, developed sites on domains or social networks. I just shared an example how businesses should have plans before they are actually started and during the process, no matter if it's a website or domain buying/selling.

As far as knowing the basics of domaining, I don't want to argue about that, because I have been studying domaining since 2009 and believe me I know every 'type' of domainers, who talk big and know less to nothing when it comes to domaining. So, no comments on that. (No offense meant to anyone.) That is why I am learning things from here and there and bringing it down to a workable plan.

As you have brought it up, I have been engaged in this community more than you can think. Wanna know how? Check your post count and mine, then check the duration of your signup and mine on this forum. See the difference!

Cheers,

•••
The way to sell your domaims fast is to list them on a marketplace with end users.. Go daddy, Flippa, Sedo, etc.. If you want to sell your domains even faster buy a premium upgrade for $250 on Flippa.

It's better to pay for the advice you can afford then to expect it for free...

•••
Wow. That is rude and ignorant of you mate. Not only have you not taken the time to read my post carefully and try to understand it, but you are also treating me like I have said something totally illogical here.

Your "wow" will not make wow anyone here. Saying "rude" and "ignorant" - that's already being personal with me.

I didn't say anything bad or personal to you. The truth hurts, but lies hurt more! Ignorant? I have spend one hour of my time instead of registering and selling domains I took my time to read your topic, to understand you and trying to help you. As for the "rude" - it is out of my vocabulary, sir.

no matter if it's a website or domain buying/selling.

That MATTERS! You just don't want to learn! Again and again you keep repeating the same thing.

Business is general word. You can't compare the selling of jewelry to selling cars. And in real estate: if you sell land - it's totally different of selling raw land to condominiums, raw land and "land with improvements". No comparison of selling just a domain or Facebook site! Please, read topics of Eric here on how to sell domains with developed sites on them. And learn some patience before to call someone "ignorant".

how businesses should have plans before they are actually started and during the process

You are not in position to teach with bold letters what other "should have" to do. If you are that great in domaining then why to come to the forum and start this topic? Instead of spending your uncontrollable emotions here you could just go to opencart and create your marketplace. There is one guy here at the forum who offers free marketplace site specially for domainers, how come you didn't approach him during all these wasted years of your "planning"?

As far as knowing the basics of domaining, I don't want to argue about that, because I have been studying domaining since 2009 and believe me I know every 'type' of domainers, who talk big and know less to nothing when it comes to domaining. So, no comments on that. (No offense meant to anyone.) That is why I am learning things from here and there and bringing it down to a workable plan.

As you have brought it up, I have been engaged in this community more than you can think. Wanna know how? Check your post count and mine, then check the duration of your signup and mine on this forum. See the difference!

Professional domaining = post count & signup = no comments!

•••
Your "wow" will not make wow anyone here. Saying "rude" and "ignorant" - that's already being personal with me.

I didn't say anything bad or personal to you. The truth hurts, but lies hurt more! Ignorant? I have spend one hour of my time instead of registering and selling domains I took my time to read your topic, to understand you and trying to help you. As for the "rude" - it is out of my vocabulary, sir.

That MATTERS! You just don't want to learn! Again and again you keep repeating the same thing.

Business is general word. You can't compare the selling of jewelry to selling cars. And in real estate: if you sell land - it's totally different of selling raw land to condominiums, raw land and "land with improvements". No comparison of selling just a domain or Facebook site! Please, read topics of Eric here on how to sell domains with developed sites on them. And learn some patience before to call someone "ignorant".

You are not in position to teach with bold letters what other "should have" to do. If you are that great in domaining then why to come to the forum and start this topic? Instead of spending your uncontrollable emotions here you could just go to opencart and create your marketplace. There is one guy here at the forum who offers free marketplace site specially for domainers, how come you didn't approach him during all these wasted years of your "planning"?

Professional domaining = post count & signup = no comments!

Instead of wasting my emotions on people and their off-topic posts, I would rather prefer to dig deeper to learn more here from now on. And FYI mate, I am not trying to WOW anyone here, just trying to learn from the best community.

Secondly, mate you are wrong when you say I don't want to learn. Because that is exactly why I am here and that is exactly why I have opened this thread and that is exactly why I have been studying domaining since 2009.

You ask why I haven't reached that marketplace setup guy? Well, I don't think you are in a position to suggest me anything like this as long as it's not asked and is not relevant to this thread. When I need a site setup, I can browse marketplace section myself. Thanks for your advice though. Or should I say no thanks.

"You are not in position to teach with bold letters what other "should have" to do."

This attitude of people is the main reason why newbies don't get enough knowledge out from domainers (not being personal here). I am a newbie and I am willing to share my learning experience even when I have a very little of it, but instead of joining in, you are telling me that I am not in a position to teach anyone! Wow again mate.

If you have read my previous posts "carefully", you would have been more constructive rather than imposing your thoughts without any base.

Mate, you have proven the 'ignorant' part again when you again mentioned "No comparison of selling just a domain or Facebook site!". I clearly mentioned in my post that it was just a GENERAL EXAMPLE. Not that hard to put 2 and 2 together; is it!

Yes, I plan things and I keep repeating it because I find people repeating their same baseless theories over and over here. Doesn't that sound justified? Or is it like whatever you think is right should be preached and imposed on others by you, and others can't share their knowledge or defend themselves!

I don't see how domaining is not like any other business (other than few minor differences.) You buy domains, you find/expect customers and you sell domains to them. At least that's what I've learned from successful domain sellers.

To you, may be selling jewelry and domains are different but my friend, it's the approach what matters and that's what I'm trying to learn, groom and implement.

"Professional domaining = post count & signup = no comments!"

Not sure how you took my posts but again an irrelevant comment. I tried to answer your question regarding how much I am learning and engaging in this forum by giving the signup and post count reference. Never have I asked or pointed out anything about professional domainigng Ma'am. Don't know why you are not being so helpful here (oh and just by saying 'trying to help you' doesn't actually mean anyone is 'trying to help anyone'.)

Humble Request to all NamePros Members: I indicated earlier in my post that this thread is going way off-topic. Please if you want to share your thoughts, try to be constructive and relevant. Any person in his/her right mind can figure out when they see an advice or a negative, baseless, off-topic criticism. We are all here to learn and share experiences. I am here to learn and I am open to take any constructive (even if it's a negative) criticism, but it should be based on my original thread topic. I would appreciate if we all keep things that way.

Cheers,

Last edited:
•••
The way to sell your domaims fast is to list them on a marketplace with end users.. Go daddy, Flippa, Sedo, etc.. If you want to sell your domains even faster buy a premium upgrade for $250 on Flippa.

It's better to pay for the advice you can afford then to expect it for free...

That's just another random comment my friend, to list domains on marketplaces, ebay, flippa, buy upgrades.

BTW, have you ever listed a domain and bought an upgrade from Flippa? How was your experience on Flippat? What type of domain was it? Was it sold for your expected price?

Paying someone for the advice isn't bad, but as long as you know who you are paying and taking advice from! Ain't that right mate?

Thanks and keep em coming.

•••

That's just another random comment my friend, to list domains on marketplaces, ebay, flippa, buy upgrades.

BTW, have you ever listed a domain and bought an upgrade from Flippa? How was your experience on Flippat? What type of domain was it? Was it sold for your expected price?

Paying someone for the advice isn't bad, but as long as you know who you are paying and taking advice from! Ain't that right mate?

Thanks and keep em coming.

I sell domains on go daddy a few times a month for above an excepted price... I sale on flippa as well.. The thing about Flippa you need quality domains.
If your domains are priced right and have value they'll pretty much sell themselves..

Advice is good but nothing beats hands on experience.

•••
Have you seem this thread?
https://www.namepros.com/threads/flippa-domain-sales-page.858126/

List your names over there. You can choose the free option. When you're done, send us the link and I am POSITIVE that you will receive feedback (and potentially offers while the names are listed for sale). It wont cost you a cent.

Also......... read read read read read............ I cant stress it enough. READ. Many of us spend many hours reading and learning and reading and listening to podcasts and the experts here and elsewhere while the majority of folks are sleeping. Sometimes I get 3 hours of sleep between taking care of my kids and reading about this industry.

You will never stop learning, which pretty much goes for any industry.

Good luck!

•••
I will not try to give advice, but I think that many people wrote here enough to have a starting point from where to start.

I'll try to give you a small example of me, how I started: I bought my first domain in December 2013, three months later, I had no sales and decided that it makes no sense to continue, I gave 10 or 12 of my domains to a stranger for free and I started doing research on what other niche to target for my future. After about a month I had taken a final decision that will be returned to the domains but will try more and learn more.

I read a lot in different forums, watch videos, even I made my own website where I can show my domains and the results came slowly. I start enjoying this business I knew that in the beginning it will be difficult and will put money, but I was determined not to give up and to enjoy, because I discovered many interesting and new things
From June 2014 until now I have 12 sales through different platforms Flippa, eBay, and Sedo and now here in the forum.

My sales are not for thousands of dollars, but this raise the spirit and give hope and confidence.

This is not an easy business, contrary to my expectations at the beginning, I realized this in the hard way.

P.S Maybe I do not have many sales, but that is because several of my domains have a higher price than the market, and for them I try to follow a particular trend - time will tell better.

Good luck

•••
Well, I'm not sure how you will take my answer, but I will try and help, by sharing my random thoughts with you.

But, there really is no venue where you can sell domains fast. And most domain sellers would ask why you would want sell them fast. Warning - If a buyer senses you are in a hurry to sell they will possibly use that against you.

So in order to have the best chance of selling domains, bear in mind the following:

1.) The profit comes from the buying, not the selling - buy cheap to get the biggest profit and then you don't need to hold out for 'top dollar' - leave some skin on the bone for the next person.
2.) Domain names are not pets or children. So never form emotional attachments to them. They are just stock to sell.
3.) We all buy garbage domains. Be brutal with your portfolio.
4.) End users give you the best prices. But they are hard to find. Ideally, you want to be on the phone speaking directly to potential end users to get the best prices.
5.) Keep improving your sales techniques - learn from the best by reading, YouTube etc.
6.) The content on DomainSherpa.com amounts to an MBA in domain name buying and selling domains (in my opinion). Every time I watch the videos on that site again I learn something new. DomainInvesting.com and DNJournal.com also are essential reading. the more you know the more opportunities you will find to make sales.
7.) Flippa, Sedo and direct contact with potential buyers are the only strategies you need to get started.
8.) Low value sales are fine. But only for low value domains. Don't waste your time buying low value domains dreaming you are going to sell them for thousands. Look at sales on NameBio.com, DNSalesPrice.com and DNJournal.com to see what domains are selling for and why.
9.) Selling OK domains for low prices is worthwhile so that you learn how the transfer processes work, so you build up a good reputation and get good feedback from buyers and the small profits from each one you sell all ads up.

All these tips help you sell your domains faster, and help ensure you get the best price possible.

Also, I also think that almost all of the advice on this thread is good, too.

Hope that helps.

•••
Well, I'm not sure how you will take my answer, but I will try and help, by sharing my random thoughts with you.

But, there really is no venue where you can sell domains fast. And most domain sellers would ask why you would want sell them fast. Warning - If a buyer senses you are in a hurry to sell they will possibly use that against you.

So in order to have the best chance of selling domains, bear in mind the following:

1.) The profit comes from the buying, not the selling - buy cheap to get the biggest profit and then you don't need to hold out for 'top dollar' - leave some skin on the bone for the next person.
2.) Domain names are not pets or children. So never form emotional attachments to them. They are just stock to sell.
3.) We all buy garbage domains. Be brutal with your portfolio.
4.) End users give you the best prices. But they are hard to find. Ideally, you want to be on the phone speaking directly to potential end users to get the best prices.
5.) Keep improving your sales techniques - learn from the best by reading, YouTube etc.
6.) The content on DomainSherpa.com amounts to an MBA in domain name buying and selling domains (in my opinion). Every time I watch the videos on that site again I learn something new. DomainInvesting.com and DNJournal.com also are essential reading. the more you know the more opportunities you will find to make sales.
7.) Flippa, Sedo and direct contact with potential buyers are the only strategies you need to get started.
8.) Low value sales are fine. But only for low value domains. Don't waste your time buying low value domains dreaming you are going to sell them for thousands. Look at sales on NameBio.com, DNSalesPrice.com and DNJournal.com to see what domains are selling for and why.
9.) Selling OK domains for low prices is worthwhile so that you learn how the transfer processes work, so you build up a good reputation and get good feedback from buyers and the small profits from each one you sell all ads up.

All these tips help you sell your domains faster, and help ensure you get the best price possible.

Also, I also think that almost all of the advice on this thread is good, too.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for your response mate. Now that's the part where I can say: 'we all can recognize a valuable advice when we see one.' And just like other members who participated here, you have done a tremendous job in laying down the process step-by-step. Really appreciate your input mate.

Totally agree with you on the "don't be in a hurry" part. And I am not at all in a hurry to sell all my domains because in my limited domain portfolio, I do have couple of domains related to future trend (fog, IOT, etc..) And I know now is not the right time to expect anything big in terms of their sales. So I am all good with waiting.

By 'selling domains fast' I didn't mean to give an impression of selling domains instantly right after purchasing them. What I meant was how can I sell small business (liquid) domains fast. I asked this because prior to this forum, I have read in many domain blogs that small business domains can be sold instantly as minimum as in a month's time. That's why I wanted to have some input from pros at namepros about what to buy and where to sell these hot cakes to get some cash flow?

If I am not wrong, I came to know Adam Dicker through DomainSherpa and I love what Michael Cyger is doing. And almost all of the videos I have watched so far are inspirational and full of actionable techniques. However YouTube wasn't on my list, which is now. Thanks.

So far what I have learned and as per my knowledge and observation, Flippa and eBay aren't the right places if you have low-to-medium type of domains. However, I am trying to test eBay market further but still no positive results. Just re-listed my domains yesterday (one domain being almost 14 years old.) Let's see.

Lastly, can you share how did you manage to sell your domains (outreach, end-user contacted you, domain marketplace?) And what type of domains were they?

Can you also clear by "OK" domains, what type of domains you mean? And what domains would you recommend buying that could attract buyers VS domains we normally pitch to buyers (any specific industry/business/niche?).

Cheers,

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back