Dynadot

question How to sell acer.com.co domain?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

IVELCO

Established Member
Impact
Hello, could you teach me how to sell acer.com.co domain name?

Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
With great difficulty, why would you even buy the name of an established worldwide company?

•••
With great difficulty, why would you even buy the name of an established worldwide company?

Well, I see it available and buy it, I don´t know if can sell it or do something with it.

Thats why Im posting on this forum, do you think nobody want to buy it? or what is your advice?

•••
Well, I see it available and buy it, I don´t know if can sell it or do something with it.

Thats why Im posting on this forum, do you think nobody want to buy it? or what is your advice?
Drop it.

•••
•••
•••
•••
learning how to register/buy domain names is often more important than learning how to sell.

do some learning around here.

welcome to the forum..

•••
Thanks for your advice, anyway, can you explain why please?

Dear @IVELCO, welcome to the forum. Like @MS-Domains suggested,It's more important that you learn what domain names you need to buy so I would suggest, you are at the right place. Do a lot of reading here for atleast 3 to 6 months and then start buying domains or you will just waste your money. Also please contact the registrar where you registered this domain and just drop it. You might get a refund if you recently hand registered it. If you keep this domain you will either have to give it to the company Acer for free or pay huge fines because of the trademark name. Anyways wish you all the best.

Last edited:
•••
Wow ... I don't speak Spanish, but it seems to be a developed site, and it also have some Toshiba related articles ...

•••
As others have said, that domain name violates the trademark of Acer (https://www.acer.com/). If they want to take it from you, they can do so without paying you. That domain is a legal liability; you should drop it. You can try to sell it to someone who either doesn't know about trademarks/UDRP or doesn't care, but you won't be allowed to do so here, as it's blatant intellectual property infringement. If you try to sell it here, you'll likely receive a blackmark on your account, best case scenario. (Worst case scenario, Acer gets mad.)

•••
Another probability if acer interested to buy it from you. However this domain is not safe. On the other hand no business will choose a trademark domain for their business, hence sell probability of this domain almost zero.

•••
just delete it at once, contact your domain register company and ask the customer support to delete it immediately.... if you got sued or urdp you might loose even more money like i did....

•••
And put that website down asap.

•••
just delete it at once, contact your domain register company and ask the customer support to delete it immediately.... if you got sued or urdp you might loose even more money like i did....

Hello, could you tell how you loose money with something like this?

•••
Hello, could you tell how you loose money with something like this?

every registrar company have their own rule/policy
once i got LEGO69/COM as a gift from friend
later i got URDP from WIPO and Godaddy charged me 50$ only for handling those URDP
in the end i lost 50$ and the domain....

•••
"Hello, could you tell how you loose money with something like this?"

your quote above is irrelevant.....what you should be doing is making sure this name has no attachment to yourself and if you lose a few dollars, so be it - lesson learned (hopefully) on your part.

As recommended in previous posts read as many articles on this site as possible before buying anymore names - also do some research on trademarks!!

Good luck

•••
Yes, never play with trademarked domains and contact your registrar to delete it, I'm also telling you from a previous, thankfully happy ending experience but they we're nice enough to reimburse all the money I paid for it, $50.
I owned the dot com domain for their video game which is on multiple platforms, they now have 37k+ very positive reviews on Steam, 99k+ with 4 stars reviews average on Google Play and 1 billion+ youtube views. The visitor count was about 15 per day for anyone curious.

•••
You, should not play with domains that are trademarked. You should contact your registrar to delete it.

•••
Better drop it otherwise,you wil face with copyright /trademark issue.
But if you have money to fight with them, that's your problem 😁
For me dont waste your time and money as well.
I had the same issue before😩

•••
but com.co is a good and catchy
i can sell thy.com.co cos no trade mark and copyright issue att all🤣🤣🤣

•••
Acer Inc was established in 1976 and changed the name to Acer in 1987. It is currently the 6th largest PC manufacture in the world. It also bought Gateway, PackerBell, eMachines in the Mid 2000's

Generally you are ok to buy the domain name BEFORE it was copyrighted or trademarked. But Acer is a well known global brand and the trademark predates the Internet and domain names. The name is also not a dictionary word, so there is no chance to make a profit with the name.

•••
OK, just slinging my pennyworth in here. I agree with all the posts saying drop-it or TM issues... But "acer" isn't a made up word. It's the Latin name for "maple" (trees), so that the split leaf maple tree is Acer Palmatum etc etc. Something of a stretch, but if you parked a name with "acer" in it, then you could direct the keywords to come up with gardening ads and not tech ads.

•••
•••
But "acer" isn't a made up word.

My mistake. I remember when Acer decided on the new name (because it was using Multi-Tech name) and the CEO came out and said that they picked "Acer" because the name will be listed before "Apple".

I think Acer brand is too well known and the company is not known to spend big money on marketing or buy domain names.

•••
Back