Dynadot

How To Sell A Domain Name Through NameJet?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello,

Recently, lots of members here in NamePros wondered and asked about how to apply NameJet listings and i wanted to prepare a little guide as a walkthrough.

In order to list a domain name at NameJet, first of all, you should have a Verified Bidder status, also you'll be able to bid on high priced auctions by the way.

After logging into your account and update your profile via http://www.namejet.com/Pages/MyAccount/SettingsAccountInfo.aspx

Via http://www.namejet.com/Pages/Support.aspx link, you should attach and send two different documents to Support Center;

1- Namejet Verified Bidder Form

2- Colored scanned copy of goverment identification which has same first name and lastname as your credit card on file.

At the begining, you should download, print, and fill and sign the form at http://www.namejet.com/Documents/NameJetAuthForm.pdf

You should mention first and last 4 digits of your credit card number which is on file. At this point, i don't suggest you to use virtual credit card, better to use main credit card as they could request scanned copy of front and back covers.

After filling and signing the form, you should create a new ticket, attach also your colored scanned copy of goverment identification and sent them through Support Console. Fax is not accepted in anyway.

Approximately in 48 hours, your request is usually approved if there's not missing anything on the documents you sent.

Next step after being verifed is to list your domain names for consideration.

You can submit your top domain names upto 15 via http://www.namejet.com/Pages/MyAccount/ListYourDomains.aspx

However the more domain names the better result, quality is also an important asset. Especially, backordable names and those that have reseller values are easier to be approved for listing.

When the submission is completed, there's another 3 days around for consideration and you may receive if your domain names are approved.

When your request is approved, for ongoing listing and auction process, you're recieving an e-mail from [email protected]

Customer representive sends you 3 different documents;

NAMEJET Listing & Service Agreement, NameJet Private Seller Program and FAQs and WORKSHEET for submitting domains to NameJet.

NAMEJET Listing & Service Agreement includes 8 pages, you should print and fill the necessary informations here;

These are limited with date, firstname and lastname, your banking account details for getting paid and your signature. (Within your banking account, it'll be better if you can provide your SWIFT for possible international transfers.)

NameJet Private Seller Program and FAQs form includes few rules and tips about listing and auctioning process;

"%15 commission fee cut from completed sales, names you're listing should have at least 60 days before expiration, and they don't have any lock to be able to transfer to Enom registrar."

With WORKSHEET for submitting domains to NameJet form, you should submit your names with reserve prices if have and their expiration dates in an Excel document format.

Within sending these forms, don't forget to mention your Enom user id.

People from some countries need to be an Enom validated on the other hand;

You should send an e-mail to [email protected] with the following information;

1- Firstname and lastname

2- Enom user id

3- Static ip address if you have, otherwise dynamic is also accepted.

4- Colored scanned copy of goverment identification

5- Front cover of the credit card

6- First page of the online statement of your credit card which your firstname, lastname and address are shown.

You can hide middle pairs of 4 digits while providing credit card information.

After a review, Enom customer representive will contact with you, if any problem occurs with image, they could request you to take a selfie with holding your goverment identification.

If you have already became an Enom validated, have NameJet aware of this and you'll be redirected to Director of Business Services.

Your new customer representive will give you latest information of listing and auction process and request your approve;

They review your domain name listing and schedule an auction for the current month or the next month.

A quick tip: Most gTLD's and ccTLD's aren't accepted for listing through NameJet.

Generally, you'll have single urls for each domain listing, if you have a valuable domain name porftolio, you can request your domains to be shown in Feauted Auctions page and advertise your sale until your auctions are over via http://www.namejet.com/Pages/Auctions/featuredauctions.aspx

For being placed in Featured Auctions page, after sending specific formatted title and logo, your domains will be reviewed for quantity and quality, and they setup a custom page for you.

During the listing process, your names have 30 days Pre Release status, required minimum bid will be $69 and people can bid privately.

At the end of Pre Release period, there'll be 3 days Public Auction, in meantime possible bidders nicknames will be shown also.

If any reserve price has been met for your domains or unreserved domains have at least 1 bid, you should transfer your domain name to Enom registrar as soon as possible.

While, pricing for com and net extensions are $10, you can transfer your org domain names for $11.

NameJet notices you with completed sales at the 5th of each month, and the payments you have won for the previous month are paid generally at 16th of the current month to your banking account.

Don't forget: Even if there're completed huge transactions through NameJet, it's a generally reseller platform, so yo should think twice before setting up your reserve ranges. Otherwise, you'll stick to one platform during a month and you won't be able to make any sale on a different place.

If i miss anything or any other question you have, don't hesitate to ask, i may reply as long as i can do.

Good Luck!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi @cyc ,
That is a superb walk through and I found a lot of information that I was looking for about NameJet listings and auctions.

I appreciate your time and efforts in gathering all this info and putting it in a simple format.

There is just one area I could not get hang of; if you could elaborate a bit on that, it would be helpful:

: Don't forget: Even if there're completed huge transactions through NameJet, it's a generally reseller platform, so yo should think twice before setting up your reserve ranges. Otherwise, you'll stick to one platform during a month and you won't be able to make any sale on a different place."

Thanks(y)

•••
Do you NEED an Enom account as you mention? I’m as far as submitting my 15 domains for approval, awaiting now

•••
•••
How it went?
Wonderful, NameJet is AMAZING. They accepted all of my names and now made it wasy easier for me to submit names now that i’m a verified bidder. A few names hit backorder once they got listed :) very happy

•••
Wonderful, NameJet is AMAZING. They accepted all of my names and now made it wasy easier for me to submit names now that i’m a verified bidder. A few names hit backorder once they got listed :) very happy

So do you or do you not need an Enom account to submit names?

If any reserve price has been met for your domains or unreserved domains have at least 1 bid, you should transfer your domain name to Enom registrar as soon as possible.

If the domains are to be transferred once the reserve is met, then the enom account that was created will be empty till then ?

•••
So do you or do you not need an Enom account to submit names?

If the domains are to be transferred once the reserve is met, then the enom account that was created will be empty till then ?
You need an ENOM account before you can sell a name. It is not used until it comes time to transfer the name you sold, but you will be required to make one DURING the submission process and give the info to your NameJet Agent before you are approved to sell :)

For your second question, YES, my ENOM account was and is empty. Once I sell a name, I transfer to my ENOM and thats it. NameJet does the rest because they have our ENOM info

Last edited:
•••
You need an ENOM account before you can sell a name. It is not used until it comes time to transfer the name you sold, but you will be required to make one DURING the submission process and give the info to your NameJet Agent before you are approved to sell :)

For your second question, YES, my ENOM account was and is empty. Once I sell a name, I transfer to my ENOM and thats it. NameJet does the rest because they have our ENOM info

Great, thank you very much!

•••

Did you make any sales on Namejet? If so can you disclose name(s) and ballpark price sold for? I just submitted my first batch and wanted to see how mines stack up.

•••
Did you make any sales on Namejet? If so can you disclose name(s) and ballpark price sold for? I just submitted my first batch and wanted to see how mines stack up.
I submitted a batch of 12-15 names and sold 1 out of all. Honestly i’m surpised, the one that sold, was (in my opinion) the lesser quality one in my submitted names. It was KYVL. Net and it sold for $69 (the minimum starting bid), it was placed on backorder and recieved no other bids. I was very happy though, ended up getting $50.90 I believe after the fee so, thats alright I suppose. Perhaps if it were a bigger sale i’d be rubbed the wrong way but, NameJet truly is an exclusive marketplace and its very professional, In my opinion it is the best for quality names so, a fee as such is expected

EDIT: One thing that I found kind of odd though, the names that dont get a bid, will eventually just dissapear from your account.

Last edited:
•••
I submitted a batch of 12-15 names and sold 1 out of all. Honestly i’m surpised, the one that sold, was (in my opinion) the lesser quality one in my submitted names. It was KYVL. Net and it sold for $69 (the minimum starting bid), it was placed on backorder and recieved no other bids. I was very happy though, ended up getting $50.90 I believe after the fee so, thats alright I suppose. Perhaps if it were a bigger sale i’d be rubbed the wrong way but, NameJet truly is an exclusive marketplace and its very professional, In my opinion it is the best for quality names so, a fee as such is expected

EDIT: One thing that I found kind of odd though, the names that dont get a bid, will eventually just dissapear from your account.

That's what's up! I will be sure to keep you posted on the ones that I submitted.

•••
Just as an update: Submitted 60 names in bulk to Namejet, 1 week after and I have 7 backorders :)

•••
Is ".org" accepted for auctions on Namejet or it's purely .com?

•••

Please explain the bolded. Is the name transferred to namejet or removed from the listed domains?

•••
Is ".org" accepted for auctions on Namejet or it's purely .com?
.org and .net are regularly listed, not sure that those are routed from expired domains list only.
And not sure about other extensions.

•••
Helpful and detailed information
Hello,

Recently, lots of members here in NamePros wondered and asked about how to apply NameJet listings and i wanted to prepare a little guide as a walkthrough.

In order to list a domain name at NameJet, first of all, you should have a Verified Bidder status, also you'll be able to bid on high priced auctions by the way.

After logging into your account and update your profile via http://www.namejet.com/Pages/MyAccount/SettingsAccountInfo.aspx

Via http://www.namejet.com/Pages/Support.aspx link, you should attach and send two different documents to Support Center;

1- Namejet Verified Bidder Form

2- Colored scanned copy of goverment identification which has same first name and lastname as your credit card on file.

At the begining, you should download, print, and fill and sign the form at http://www.namejet.com/Documents/NameJetAuthForm.pdf

You should mention first and last 4 digits of your credit card number which is on file. At this point, i don't suggest you to use virtual credit card, better to use main credit card as they could request scanned copy of front and back covers.

After filling and signing the form, you should create a new ticket, attach also your colored scanned copy of goverment identification and sent them through Support Console. Fax is not accepted in anyway.

Approximately in 48 hours, your request is usually approved if there's not missing anything on the documents you sent.

Next step after being verifed is to list your domain names for consideration.

You can submit your top domain names upto 15 via http://www.namejet.com/Pages/MyAccount/ListYourDomains.aspx

However the more domain names the better result, quality is also an important asset. Especially, backordable names and those that have reseller values are easier to be approved for listing.

When the submission is completed, there's another 3 days around for consideration and you may receive if your domain names are approved.

When your request is approved, for ongoing listing and auction process, you're recieving an e-mail from [email protected]

Customer representive sends you 3 different documents;

NAMEJET Listing & Service Agreement, NameJet Private Seller Program and FAQs and WORKSHEET for submitting domains to NameJet.

NAMEJET Listing & Service Agreement includes 8 pages, you should print and fill the necessary informations here;

These are limited with date, firstname and lastname, your banking account details for getting paid and your signature. (Within your banking account, it'll be better if you can provide your SWIFT for possible international transfers.)

NameJet Private Seller Program and FAQs form includes few rules and tips about listing and auctioning process;

"%15 commission fee cut from completed sales, names you're listing should have at least 60 days before expiration, and they don't have any lock to be able to transfer to Enom registrar."

With WORKSHEET for submitting domains to NameJet form, you should submit your names with reserve prices if have and their expiration dates in an Excel document format.

Within sending these forms, don't forget to mention your Enom user id.

People from some countries need to be an Enom validated on the other hand;

You should send an e-mail to [email protected] with the following information;

1- Firstname and lastname

2- Enom user id

3- Static ip address if you have, otherwise dynamic is also accepted.

4- Colored scanned copy of goverment identification

5- Front cover of the credit card

6- First page of the online statement of your credit card which your firstname, lastname and address are shown.

You can hide middle pairs of 4 digits while providing credit card information.

After a review, Enom customer representive will contact with you, if any problem occurs with image, they could request you to take a selfie with holding your goverment identification.

If you have already became an Enom validated, have NameJet aware of this and you'll be redirected to Director of Business Services.

Your new customer representive will give you latest information of listing and auction process and request your approve;

They review your domain name listing and schedule an auction for the current month or the next month.

A quick tip: Most gTLD's and ccTLD's aren't accepted for listing through NameJet.

Generally, you'll have single urls for each domain listing, if you have a valuable domain name porftolio, you can request your domains to be shown in Feauted Auctions page and advertise your sale until your auctions are over via http://www.namejet.com/Pages/Auctions/featuredauctions.aspx

For being placed in Featured Auctions page, after sending specific formatted title and logo, your domains will be reviewed for quantity and quality, and they setup a custom page for you.

During the listing process, your names have 30 days Pre Release status, required minimum bid will be $69 and people can bid privately.

At the end of Pre Release period, there'll be 3 days Public Auction, in meantime possible bidders nicknames will be shown also.

While, pricing for com and net extensions are $10, you can transfer your org domain names for $11.

NameJet notices you with completed sales at the 5th of each month, and the payments you have won for the previous month are paid generally at 16th of the current month to your banking account.

Don't forget: Even if there're completed huge transactions through NameJet, it's a generally reseller platform, so yo should think twice before setting up your reserve ranges. Otherwise, you'll stick to one platform during a month and you won't be able to make any sale on a different place.

If i miss anything or any other question you have, don't hesitate to ask, i may reply as long as i can do.

Good Luck!

•••
Please explain the bolded. Is the name transferred to namejet or removed from the listed domains?
Removed from list of accepted domains.

•••
•••
Ps, do Namejet accept less than 15 domains for listing, say 2 quality domains?

•••
i'm a Nigerian and we don't use credit card but we do use debit mastercard. pls what can i do to get my domains listed on namejet. Thanks.

•••
A little and important update after few years;

Main registrar for Namejet Auctions has been changed from Enom to Network Solutions.

"Dear Valued Partner,

Beginning in October, domains submitted to NameJet for sale via our Direct Lister program will be provisioned through Network Solutions. For domains already listed that are set to close in October and beyond, we will reach out to the sellers directly to work through the process.

Therefore, you will need a Network Solutions account to list domains with us. If you do not have a Network Solutions account, one can be created at https://www.networksolutions.com/manage-it/create-login-info.jsp. As part of this process you will also need to send your Network Solutions account ID and username to [email protected] so that we can update your NameJet Direct Lister account.

As to transfer fees, we will continue to provide discounts on transfers for domains listed on NameJet. Those discounted transfers can be facilitated via the following link: https://www.networksolutions.com/domain-transfer/index.jsp

This change is part of an ongoing process of Web.com taking full ownership of NameJet. We appreciate your patience and cooperation as we work through this transition. Please contact us at [email protected] if you have any questions.

Thank you for your support and the opportunity to do business with you!

-Team NameJet"

https://domaininvesting.com/namejet-announces-provisioning-registrar-change/

https://www.namepros.com/threads/na...ellers-to-use-netsol-instead-of-enom.1156026/

•••
That rules a lot of domain investors out from Namejet. Including me.
Never going to keep my domains on Network Solutions.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back