IT.COM

How to see the expiry date on a .eu domain ??

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

gazzip

First Time Poster !VIP Member
Impact
Hi, I am trying to see when a few of my .eu domains expire but I can't find the expiry date anywhere in my control panel.

eurid.eu does'nt show the expiry date in whois and neither does whois.sc :-/

any ideas ??

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
..desperate bump :guilty:

Anyone know ?

•••
Generally, .eu domains are registered for only one year at a time. The asshole-designed Eurid system only works by months rather than day. The renewal would be in the month a year after registration.

Regards...jmcc

•••
Thanks jmcc - I had to go back and look at the invoice.

I already lost one of them by mistake :td: My registrar Telivo.com only shows 3 things in the control panel, change name servers - View invoices - or Renewals Due.

I can't even renew the domains ahead of time :| seems a bit silly to me!

Thanks again :tu:

ps - Telivo charges £ 100 = $ 198.28 redemption fee + reg price on top :o

Last edited:
•••
gazzip said:
Thanks jmcc - I had to go back and look at the invoice.

I already lost one of them by mistake :td: My registrar Telivo.com only shows 3 things in the control panel, change name servers - View invoices - or Renewals Due.

I can't even renew the domains ahead of time :| seems a bit silly to me!
Some registrars will allow you to do that but will only apply the renewal when it is due.

This is from Eurid's own site:
http://www.eurid.eu/en/faq#when_expire

I'd really like to find the people who were supposedly the European Commission's "expert" advisors in the selection of Eurid to run .eu. Apparently these morons thought that Eurid's registry system was very advanced. And to think that the EUnuchs in Brussels were surprised when Ireland voted 'No'. :)

Regards...jmcc

•••
If you have more than a couple of renewals especially ones with different dates its very time intensive. Take your eye off the ball for a moment and you could quickly end up with a name in redemption. It's impossible to secure your names and forget about them.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back