NameSilo
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

Do you think this is a good idea?

  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

MicroGuy

Miembro EspecialTop Member
Impact
1,493
I've been giving this a lot of thought and think I might have discovered a way to save NamePros now that domain names are losing traction.

The Solution: Expand the brand to include baby names and then slowly phase out the domains. This would be a gold mine in terms of advertising and I think the forum would be bigger than ever in terms of revenue and traffic.

Do you think this is a good idea?
 
5
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Name Tag Appraisal:

I think Pebbles is a bad name because when she grows up she will be full sized. She will rebel and want to be called Boulder or something and hang out with a guy called Slate and do drugs.

Regfee

I think Bam Bam is pretty good. Repeating short words are brandable. No one is going to mess with a Bam Bam as he's a tough nut. He does things like smoke rock and get little pebbles knocked up.

Low XX
 
6
•••
2
•••
I voted "Yes. Micro is a genius! "...now if someone can explain what he posted at a Grade 8 level....
 
1
•••
I voted "Yes. Micro is a genius! "...now if someone can explain what he posted at a Grade 8 level....

I can give it a go if you can tell me where the .TEL thread is.
 
2
•••
Just change it to boatnamepros.com.

Hey isn't there a shoot the sH*t thread somewhere else?
 
1
•••
I had a vision today that I had a little girl and that I decided to call her Elizabeth. Some day... perhaps we will be able to find these wonderful name meanings here at NamePros™.

http://www.babycenter.com/baby-names-elizabeth-1509.htm

There is something telling me that if only the administrators and owners of this fabulous website were to listen and impliment my suggestions, that they would be rewarded far beyond their most wildest dreams.
 
Last edited:
3
•••
I had a vision today that I had a little girl and that I decided to call her Elizabeth

I'm not entirely sure you're stable enough to even be around children. Let alone have one of your own.
 
2
•••
I had a vision today that I had a little girl and that I decided to call her Elizabeth.

You called her that but what was her name?
 
3
•••
meanwhile in MicroGuy's parallel universe.

I had a vision today that I had a little girl and that I decided to call her Elizabeth. Some day... perhaps we will be able to find these wonderful name meanings here at NamePros™.
 
2
•••
I just wanted to take a moment to expand on my idea.....

Basically, when visitors arrive at the NP homepage they will be presented with an announcement instead of the current forum. The announcement will state something like, "Great News! NamePros.com is now the home of everything baby names plus domains!"

Then the visitor will be presented with two buttons, one that will take them into the baby names forum and another that will take them into the domains forum. There is no downside to this move. The ad revenues will skyrocket on the names side. Once the ad revenues start to dwarf the domain ad revenue, we will simply phase out the domain forum. Thanks for reading.

Survival will require change..........

[ame]http://youtu.be/sNzkmZdM4A4[/ame]
 
2
•••
I would have gone with baby names idea but sadly I am not in mood of raising more kids.

Therefore my vote goes to domains :D
 
3
•••
if only the administrators and owners of this fabulous website were to listen and impliment my suggestions, that they would be rewarded far beyond their most wildest dreams.
A wilder dream than owning sex(dot)com and vodka(dot)com and selling them? (kinda out of the loop about the most expensive domains sold)
 
3
•••
baby.png


---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 PM ----------

Let's face it, they're making more and more babies and people generally love babies more than domains. IMO
 
3
•••
How about:
petuw.png


People love pets too. :p

MicroGuy, you are missing the point, you don't have to be a "pro" to think/decide a baby name.
 
4
•••
The pros would be the senior community members who have knowledge of name origin, use, suitability, etc., etc. In my view, this would be one of the best options for saving Namepros. I project ad revenue tripling within 16 months. IMO

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

P.S. Thank you to the people who voted my idea up to 38%. I appreciate you! :)
 
1
•••
It takes either a great deal, someone making me an offer, or a Microguy thread to get me to log in. Undoubtedly, Microguy is a genius.
 
1
•••
How about:
petuw.png


People love pets too. :p

MicroGuy, you are missing the point, you don't have to be a "pro" to think/decide a baby name.

When you say pet names I think more about Honey, Sugarplum, Sweetiepie... lamb chop... etc.

I wonder where the "pros" come into it. Who's a professional baby name expert. I mean we have professional domain name...

Maybe it's a workable idea, after all.


Where *IS* the .tel thread?
 
2
•••
I foresee this website developing the reputation for the one-stop must-visit resource for people wanting to learn, choose, and select a name for their expected baby.

(Example conversation taking place between two middle income women)


Sue (expected mother): "We're so excited about our new baby, I just found out today that we're having a baby girl. Now Mike and I just have to decide on a name."

Cindy (BFF): "When I wanted advice for my health, I watched Dr. Oz, but when I wanted advice about my baby's name I went to NamePros!"
 
3
•••
Even though you know a fortune cookie is just a stale cookie in cellophane, there's still that little bitty hope that you got the magic cookie with a real prediction that "You are about to enjoy the adventure of your life," and maybe you even nibble it a little to seal the deal.

This thread has definitely raised my light reception vibration quotient and awakened my dormant DNA, so I'm posting here as though nibbling a cookie and sealing the deal.

I feel better already.
 
1
•••
For a second there I thought (and I'm still hoping!) Micro was kidding about the whole baby names thing. :D
 
1
•••
AIVikingsAIVikings

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back