NameSilo

How to point domains to Efty.com?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

HKIBC

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
Testing Efty here. Already added domains in my Efty account and can preview the parking pages. Now how to point my domains to Efty, so they resolve with respective parking pages?

If at all possible, I'd prefer not having to point them to Efty nameservers. Will this work if I just set the 'A' record to point to Efty's webserver IP?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Anyone know if you can add custom categories in the market?

•••
Anyone know if you can add custom categories in the market?

@doron can give you a better answer when he sees the post. I asked about this a few months ago as I wanted to see some more 'universal' categories that everyone could use as well as creating my own. I can't find the email, but I think I remember that they are adding more categories, but that adding your own is problematic because that field is used for indexing.

For a workaround, I group domains in unused categories then share the link to that category without mentioning it by name. For example, my cannabis domains are under 'food and drink', and so on. It get what I want done, but I'd really like to be able to make my own categories.

•••
Why when you click "Sold" and view your sold domains is the price you sold them for not listed.
Isn't that one of the most important things and its not there. lol

•••
Why when you click "Sold" and view your sold domains is the price you sold them for not listed.
Isn't that one of the most important things and its not there. lol

Go up into Show/Hide and choose which fields you want to include in your view.

•••
Thanks, I thought that would be crazy not to have.

•••
I am in the middle of putting in all my sales and not done but now cockpit shows my revenue minus sales costs, Annual renewal and Investment is in the plus but Profit still shows $0.00 like it always has. What gives?

•••
I recently encountered something that I wanted to warn others about. As a matter of course, when I register a new domain I point its DNS to Efty ones, and add it to my Efty account as a Make Offer. When I added a domain name this week, rather than immediately show up, after I added it to my portfolio it said "under review".

I double checked with WhoIs that I was indeed the owner (I am). But when I clicked on the domain name I went to another user's Efty page, as though he/she owned it. I presume this is because he/she used to own the name and let it drop.

But I just wanted to warn people that if you have one of these don't set the DNS to Efty or a potential buyer could click on the domain name, go to the lander of the user who does not any longer own it, pay that person via PayPal, even though they don't own it. I moved the DNS settings on my domain back to Alpnames for now until the old owner removes it (I contacted them through their page but no action or response yet).

Perhaps this is old news, but first time I had encountered it. I am drawing attention @Doron Vermaat in case he wants to respond or add more information.

Have a good day, everyone!

•••
I recently encountered something that I wanted to warn others about. As a matter of course, when I register a new domain I point its DNS to Efty ones, and add it to my Efty account as a Make Offer. When I added a domain name this week, rather than immediately show up, after I added it to my portfolio it said "under review".

I double checked with WhoIs that I was indeed the owner (I am). But when I clicked on the domain name I went to another user's Efty page, as though he/she owned it. I presume this is because he/she used to own the name and let it drop.

But I just wanted to warn people that if you have one of these don't set the DNS to Efty or a potential buyer could click on the domain name, go to the lander of the user who does not any longer own it, pay that person via PayPal, even though they don't own it. I moved the DNS settings on my domain back to Alpnames for now until the old owner removes it (I contacted them through their page but no action or response yet).

Perhaps this is old news, but first time I had encountered it. I am drawing attention @Doron Vermaat in case he wants to respond or add more information.

Have a good day, everyone!

I've responded to a similar questions here:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/efty-com-review.1011084/page-7#post-6482004

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back