Dynadot

How to point domains to Efty.com?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

HKIBC

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
Testing Efty here. Already added domains in my Efty account and can preview the parking pages. Now how to point my domains to Efty, so they resolve with respective parking pages?

If at all possible, I'd prefer not having to point them to Efty nameservers. Will this work if I just set the 'A' record to point to Efty's webserver IP?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Not sure about the "A" record maybe @Doron Vermaat can help you out.
As an alternative you can forward(redirect) your domain to the domain landing page.

•••
Not sure about the "A" record maybe @Doron Vermaat can help you out.
As an alternative you can forward(redirect) your domain to the domain landing page.

Yep, considered domain redirection already, but that's a bit of a hassle in CloudFlare. Hence my question re a straightforward DNS record option, if at all possible.

•••
Testing Efty here. Already added domains in my Efty account and can preview the parking pages. Now how to point my domains to Efty, so they resolve with respective parking pages?

If at all possible, I'd prefer not having to point them to Efty nameservers. Will this work if I just set the 'A' record to point to Efty's webserver IP?

If you want to use Efty's For-Sale landing pages you have to point your domains to ns1.eftydns.com and ns2.eftydns.com

The A-record is only for your custom marketplace domain.

•••
If you want to use Efty's For-Sale landing pages you have to point your domains to ns1.eftydns.com and ns2.eftydns.com

The A-record is only for your custom marketplace domain.

Adding an a-record is a terrible solution, bro. Do you plan on upgrading to make it easier for users?

•••
If you want to use Efty's For-Sale landing pages you have to point your domains to ns1.eftydns.com and ns2.eftydns.com The A-record is only for your custom marketplace domain.

Thanks for your quick follow up. Looking for a home for close to 2K domains and counting... Looking at Efty as one option. However, we have domains registered with 10+ registrars (and counting!). Using CloudFlare for nameservers for all of them. Currently working on running all that via API. No way I'm going back to managing/pointing domains at the registrar level :(

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for your quick follow up. Looking for a home for close to 2K domains and counting... Looking at Efty as one option. However, we have domains registered with 10+ registrars (and counting!). Using CloudFlare for nameservers for all of them. Currently working on running all that via API. No way I'm going back to managing/pointing domains at the registrar level :(

I'm not familiar with Cloudfare myself but if this service can control your NS settings at different registrars than you can go ahead and use them to point them your domains to ns1.eftydns.com and ns2.eftydns.com - feel free to email [email protected] if you need any help.

@Shane Bellone we only use A-records for each user their custom marketplace. It doesn't has anything to do with our For-Sale landing pages.

Last edited:
•••
I'm not familiar with Cloudfare myself but if this service can control your NS settings at different registrars than you can go ahead and use them to point them your domains to ns1.eftydns.com and ns2.eftydns.com - feel free to email ..... if you need any help.

Not possible to control NS settings at different registrars in CloudFlare. It's the other way around: all domains are pointed to CloudFlare DNS.

Your reply implies that adding a domain in Efty's CP results in creation of respective DNS records in Efty's DNS (which is of no interest to me) plus virtual hosts in Efty's web server config as well. Otherwise, pointing domains to Efty's nameservers would be of no use. So why not replicate Efty's DNS records settings in my DNS to achieve the same end result? This is assuming of course, that Efty is not in the habit of migrating webservers on a regular basis ;)

Last edited:
•••
Adding domains to Efty's CP doesn't mean we (can) control the DNS of those domains. When you add your domains to Efty they are added to our zone file and the only way to get our For-Sale landing pages up on your domains is by pointing the name servers of those domains to us. Just like with Sedo, ParkingCrew or Uniregistry. Sorry, there's no workaround for that.

•••
OK, cool. So if I replicate your zone in my DNS, or relevant part thereof - which is exactly what I've been proposing here - the domain will automagically resolve to respective landing page at Efty ;)
Anyways, will try and see...

EDIT: P.S. Any problem from your (Efty's) side if this "hack" works? Don't mean to ruffle any feathers here or anything ;)

Last edited:
•••
OK, cool. So if I replicate your zone in my DNS, or relevant part thereof - which is exactly what I've been proposing here - the domain will automagically resolve to respective landing page at Efty ;)
Anyways, will try and see...

EDIT: P.S. Any problem from your (Efty's) side if this "hack" works? Don't mean to ruffle any feathers here or anything ;)

Honestly, I don't know as I'm not the technical brain of the Efty team but if you experience any issues just let us know and I'll make sure we look into it and help you get set-up.

•••
Honestly, I don't know as I'm not the technical brain of the Efty team but if you experience any issues just let us know and I'll make sure we look into it and help you get set-up.

Doron, I have pointed my A record to the IP listed on efty. However, when I go to my domain, i am simply given a host template page (siteground). Does the A record need to have a specific name? My host requires that I add a name in the A record as well as the IP.

•••
@patr
Doron, I have pointed my A record to the IP listed on efty. However, when I go to my domain, i am simply given a host template page (siteground). Does the A record need to have a specific name? My host requires that I add a name in the A record as well as the IP.

Can you email us the url of your marketplace url and a screenshot of your DNS settings to [email protected] please? I will have a look for you!

•••

The IP listed on Efty (5.153.42.104) is for your marketplace only. If you want to redirect your domains to Efty landing pages using your DNS, point the main A record (short name is "@") of each domain to the following IP address: 119.81.170.18

Disclaimer: this is a hack, unsupported by Efty (as you may gather from Doron's reply above). In fact, they seem to passively discourage this for a number of reasons. For one, it may stop working without notice, should Efty make changes to their webserver config. Another words, make sure to monitor at least one of your domains on a daily, if not hourly, basis!

On a side note: would be interesting to know why Efty's decided to go altogether different ways with respect to the marketplace and landers' setup?? I'm assuming there is a valid reason, just can't think of one myself.

Last edited:
•••
Hi,

You can use more better and free service - Enquiry.io

•••
@patr

Can you email us the url of your marketplace url and a screenshot of your DNS settings to [email protected] please? I will have a look for you!

I have the same problem, I need the name of the host as well as this number: 5.153.42.104, which you give in your instructions, to add an A record. I use GoDaddy.
Please provide this info. otherwise I can't set up my account.
Thanks

•••
I have the same problem, I need the name of the host as well as this number: 5.153.42.104, which you give in your instructions, to add an A record. I use GoDaddy.
Please provide this info. otherwise I can't set up my account.
Thanks

Here's an example of how to correctly set up the DNS at GoDaddy for your Efty marketplace (not the individual For-Sale pages). If you still have any difficulties getting your marketplace url to resolve please email us at [email protected] and we will help you get set up.

GoDaddy DNS.png

•••
Here's an example of how to correctly set up the DNS at GoDaddy for your Efty marketplace (not the individual For-Sale pages). If you still have any difficulties getting your marketplace url to resolve please email us at [email protected] and we will help you get set up.

Show attachment 45949
Thanks, I appreciate the quick response, especially On New Year's day!
Have a great 2017!

•••
@Doron Vermaat

Trying to set up landing pages for my domains using Efty. Changed nameservers at my registrar to ns1.eftydns.com and ns2.eftydns.com but still don't see any landing pages. Do i need to do anything else besides changing nameservers to setup the landing pages?

•••
@Doron Vermaat

Trying to set up landing pages for my domains using Efty. Changed nameservers at my registrar to ns1.eftydns.com and ns2.eftydns.com but still don't see any landing pages. Do i need to do anything else besides changing nameservers to setup the landing pages?[/QUOT

That should be it. Our zone file gets updated every 10/15 minutes so sometimes you need to wait a few minutes if the domains were just added to your account. If your domains still don't resolve when you read this please PM me with the domains or email us at [email protected] so we can look into this for you.

•••
Thanks Doron it's working now.. Domain at one registrar took many hours while at another registrar it took much less. Will change a few more to see how it goes... will probably also try customizing sales message on the landing page... will let you know if i need any help... Thank you again. Have a wonderful year ahead !

That should be it. Our zone file gets updated every 10/15 minutes so sometimes you need to wait a few minutes if the domains were just added to your account. If your domains still don't resolve when you read this please PM me with the domains or email us at [email protected] so we can look into this for you.

•••
Thanks Doron it's working now.. Domain at one registrar took many hours while at another registrar it took much less. Will change a few more to see how it goes... will probably also try customizing sales message on the landing page... will let you know if i need any help... Thank you again. Have a wonderful year ahead !

You too!

•••
•••
•••
I assume you mean the marketplace feature? If so, yes that is possible. Just set up the A-record for your subdomain instead of the main domain and your marketplace can show on a sub-domain such as http://www.marketplace.domaintheory.com/

Thanks @Doron Vermaat for your response. Suppose I don't want BIN transactions on Escrow.com, is their any way to add other escrow service providers like Dn.com to Etty.
Also can I have BINs on Etty without going through Escrow.com

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back