Dynadot

advice How to Park While Developing Site?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NiceDayVince

Established Member
Impact
Hi, newbie here, looking for your expert eye to help me correct/improve my business model.

I am wondering how to park a domain, while I am developing it? That way I may make some $ in parking, before I get around to launching the developed site, and it stays busy in the meantime.

I'm open to any advice... Here is my business plan:

1) Identify potential products/vendors to drop-ship.
2) Do key phrase research for each and grab a key phrase domain for each.
3) Register hundreds of these key phrase product domains. For example: InflatableFishingBoatDeals-dot-com
4) Park the domains immediately at Bodis or ParkingCrew, so they are generating a little revenue in the mean time.
5) Develop a Wordpress eCommerce Site using WooCommerce, to sell these products via drop ship.
6) SEO each of these sites using Yoast, and Off Page assets.
7) Add Google Adsense to the pages to generate additional revenue from traffic, even when I am not getting sales.
8) Add an "Investors" or "Buy This Domain/Website" Page, to each site so anyone can contact me and make an offer to buy the whole site, or just the domain.
9) Once the site is ready to go live, I remove the parking, and make the site live and submit the Site Map URL to search engines.

In this way, I believe I am monetizing each domain to it's fullest potential. What do you think? Am I missing anything? Can you see room to improve this business model?

My plan is to do this whole process successfully once or twice, for one or two domains, then once I know how it all works (prototyped), I will assembly line the process and do hundreds more.

I am wondering, how I will build out the ecommerce site on Wordpress, while the domain is parked? I was thinking I might be able to use a WP plugin like "Duplicator" to build the site on a different domain, and then move it over to it's destination domain, as soon as I deactivate the parking and reset the DNS to my shared hosting account. Can anyone offer a better/smarter/easier way to do this?

So I am open to any input, advice, on how my business model can be more efficient/effective/easy/profitable.

I really appreciate this forum, and this wonderful exchange of valuable info to help each other. I hope this thread really edifies some more of our members with some valuable info exchange.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There are some maintenance plugins that you can use on your site while you're developing it? May be able to add your info on the maintenance page.

•••
Assuming you will be doing your site using wordpress...you could use programs like Instant Wordpress.. that allows u to install wordpress on ur local machine so you can develop the site while your domain is being parked... when the site is developed on ur local maching then deploy it to your server and point the domain away from ur parking account and to your server.

•••
Just like @deez007 said, you can develope your site on localhost ( your pc). Once it finish, you can upload all your files and database to your live server.

•••
we offer a tool that does instant domain development of 500 names at once. its an rss based template you can swap out the rss feed with any affiliate feed and earn money from that.
the template is also seo friendly

•••
Many hosting providers allow for the intended site to be developed on another registered domain, with a possibility of migration to a second, live, site within the same hosting account.

Last edited:
•••
You really trying to make pennies on a website you're going to be using very soon? The effort of asking the question here cost more than what you'll make.

Time is money, go focus on developing the site and stop wasting time on pennies.

•••
If you dont value your end user - you can have popup ad's or popunders that send to something like redirect or propeller ads, but again, if the site is not even up yet and your getting visitors / they will never come back if they get sent to a redirected full page check your java version ad...

Also it is violation of all TOS's with parking to sent hits to your parking sites, this isnt as big of a problem if you do it one or two times on accident, but if your developing a site, sitting there seeing updates and testing things out is giong to get you banned from any parking sites when they see you visted it 200 times each day.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back