IT.COM

How to forward traffic?

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Is there a simple way to forward traffic from a domain to the main Amazon page or to a specific page with my associate ID attached? For example, If people type in "domaina dot com" and domaina is forwarded to amazon dot com, is there a way to add my amazon associate # to the forwarding address or somethingso that someone going to domaina dot com gets sent to amazon dot com, and if they buy something, I get credit for the sale. (Is that allowed?)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's called cloaking. You can 301 redirect your main domain to your Amazon affiliate link using .htaccess.
It's not allowed though:
30. You will not cloak, hide, spoof, or otherwise obscure the URL of your site containing Special Links (including by use of a redirecting page) such that we cannot reasonably determine the site from which a customer clicks through such Special Link to the Amazon Site.
hxxps://affiliate-program.amazon.in/gp/associates/help/operating/participation

•••
Your registrar should provide a free forwarding service to any URL.

However, I would not attempt doing such as it is against Amazon's TOS.
Section 7 said:
We will pay you advertising fees on Qualifying Purchases in accordance with Section 8 and the Associates Program Advertising Fee Schedule. Subject to the exclusions set forth below, a “Qualifying Purchase” occurs when (a) a customer clicks through a Special Link on your site to the Amazon Site
Source: https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/gp/associates/agreement/

•••
There are hundreds of free wordpress plugins (or standalone scripts) allowing you to easily create an Amazon eCommerce website.

Even Amazon provides you several free tools with merchant website templates and everything, allowing you to develop a website where you can sell any Amazon product you want through Amazon platform but earning commissions.

•••
You don't even need to do this on a web hosting end usually. GoDaddy, for example, lets you manage domain forwarding from directly inside your domain manager. Look for a "forwarding" option at your registrar and just forward to your Amazon URL..that's it :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back