Dynadot

advice How to find domain buyers

NameSilo
Watch

leoling

Established Member
Impact
Hi,

I have created my own website with a list of domain for sales. What are the ways to find interested buyers?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Are you talking about domainers or end users?

•••
This gets asked over and over and over again. Try a search.

•••
•••
•••
While selling one domain has been widely covered in the forum, I think, on the contrary that promoting a website with tens or more domains has not been much discussed. And I feel it's really the question asked by leoling.

I would perhaps rephrase the question as follow:

What marketing efforts/strategy/actions.. should you take when you own a sizeable portfolio ?

Here are some ideas:
  • a nice search form on your site
  • a nice individual landing page for each domain (perhaps with a logo like BrandBucket)
  • build a list - probably the most important action. It might be difficult if your portfolio covers all possible business segments
  • forget the portfolio and promote each domain one at a time based on it's specific characteristics
  • wait patiently for inquiries (it won't work unless you have very desirable domains)
  • some SEO work to get traffic on your site. Any traffic generating method is ok too
  • develop a content site that attracts interest of buyers (many businesses are not aware of the benefits of having a 'good' domain, nor do they use a rational approach when they need a domain.)

•••
competitors or interested end users are easy to find on google

•••
start selling domain here by auction thats it.

•••
dont have much idea.... but google can be a good option

•••
Google, is the best option. You can also try bing and duckduckgo. Or, estibot lead research. But google is the best.

•••
this question has been asked several times on namepros...search for those posts..you will really get good detailed answers.

•••
variations in google searches will get you all kinds of buyers

•••
search google and bing for the most probable buyers

•••
•••
easiest way is forwarding your names servers to your landing page and let the endusers find you

•••
Try here, at flippa, at sedo, or just check in google for similar sells.

•••
•••
Make buyers find you. Good domain name sell for themselves.

•••
Do what i will do in a few months. I will buy a real premium .com. And then, no sedo, no flippa, nothing will be so necessary. Relax, drink your cacao and check offers :)

Last edited:
•••
Do what i will do in a few months. I will buy a real premium .com. And then, no sedo, no flippa, nothing will be so necessary. Relax, drink your cacao and check offers :)

That strategy is for the loaded.
Congrats if you have that kind of money.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back