IT.COM

question How to discover trending niches for newbies

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Fastfingaz

Established Member
Impact
Hi Domaining veterans, how do newbies discover trending niches to invest in? I've heard a lot about finding a trending niche but need pointers. Guides will be appreciated.

Pls don't be too vague in your guides. Pls give specific examples so I and other newbies in same shoes can learn faster.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Added: I wanted to mention this with my first post, but waited until the deal went through:

Picked up a domain at reg fee just a few days ago when it dropped, an ideal example of a niche trend that is becoming more popular. Sent out maybe 6 emails, one responded immediately, within about 5 minutes. I said - quite honestly - that I hadn't determined a price yet (I 'always' have a set price when I send out emails to possible buyers, but in this case I just didn't predict a quick response so I was going to sleep on it and settle on a price later). But their service is a high-paying niche so I knew it was a good domain since it is the exact descriptive term. They came back within the hour with a $1000 offer. I didn't beat around the bush, just took it. The deal is now done and they have the domain. If your discernment is clear, you can still grab domains at reg fee and sell them for great ROI. $10 turned into $1000 in a few days, with about half an hour of actual work, is great in anyone's book.

I won't mention the domain in thread - don't want a bunch of lurkers to grab up other extensions and email the new owners with those domains to sell, nor do I want lurkers to inundate the new owners with spammy offers for logos and web services, etc.

But if anyone who's posted in this thread so far would like to know the domain, PM me and I'll tell you. Please keep it to yourself and don't post it publicly.

You're amazing!! I'm pm'ing you right now;!

•••
Added: I wanted to mention this with my first post, but waited until the deal went through:

Picked up a domain at reg fee just a few days ago when it dropped, an ideal example of a niche trend that is becoming more popular. Sent out maybe 6 emails, one responded immediately, within about 5 minutes. I said - quite honestly - that I hadn't determined a price yet (I 'always' have a set price when I send out emails to possible buyers, but in this case I just didn't predict a quick response so I was going to sleep on it and settle on a price later). But their service is a high-paying niche so I knew it was a good domain since it is the exact descriptive term. They came back within the hour with a $1000 offer. I didn't beat around the bush, just took it. The deal is now done and they have the domain. If your discernment is clear, you can still grab domains at reg fee and sell them for great ROI. $10 turned into $1000 in a few days, with about half an hour of actual work, is great in anyone's book.

I won't mention the domain in thread - don't want a bunch of lurkers to grab up other extensions and email the new owners with those domains to sell, nor do I want lurkers to inundate the new owners with spammy offers for logos and web services, etc.

But if anyone who's posted in this thread so far would like to know the domain, PM me and I'll tell you. Please keep it to yourself and don't post it publicly.

PMed you.

Cheers

•••
Awesome advice everyone! Thanks especially to OP for asking, Bannen and Kate.

•••
Nice question and very resourceful response from @Bannen there. Thanks.

•••
•••
•••
Google! And your brain thats all you need.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back