IT.COM

discuss How to choose best domain name?

NameSilo
Watch

uasif1000

Impact
Hello mate, I'm new here. I've few questions about domain name. I want to start domain business and this business like real estate invest. I hope i can get help from my mates. Questions are:

1. What is factor choose domain name? (like how many monthly search,bid,competition need for best domain name)
2. How to understand that domain name price increase in future?
3. How to understand estimate price of domain name?

I want to know about in detail. I not want those type of answer like "read more about this matter" or "need to design your site and sell marketplace" .

Thank you in advance.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Actually you need to lose some money first, then you can understand it yourself. It's really hard to answer your questions.

•••
Actually you need to lose some money first, then you can understand it yourself. It's really hard to answer your questions.
Mate this is not good answer

•••
•••
The answer to these question is : experience.
As vdonline said, lose some money, understand your mistakes, learn, than correct and you'll understand what is considered to be a "good domain".

•••
Mate this is not good answer
Yeah it is a good answer. You WILL lose money at first and register bad names, it's only natural. You need to test, test and then test some more.

•••
First, welcome to NamePros!

Second, if you think you can register available names and make money, just forget it (at least for a couple of years).

To try to give you some answers:

1. Search volumes, bids, competition... More the better. Don't get blinded by the stats, though... Thousands and thousands of names with good stats but no real value because of one million reasons.

2. You have to feel the market.

3. Estimates are just that, estimates. The domain is worth what the buyer is willing to pay for it.

I understand that my answers are pretty vague but there simply isn't any definitive answers to your questions: you learn through experience.

Happy domaining!

•••
It takes time and effort to learn. You can't get a readymade answer to this question.

You need to learn from mistakes and as vdonline said, you will lose money in the beginning registering useless domains. It happens with everyone. So have patience and learn all the factors that make a domain valuable. Good luck :D

•••
Experience is the name we give to our mistakes, as many of the people here are speaking from experience.

I strongly suggest you read as much as you can to avoid making those mistakes as it seems to be a common practice among people entering the industry.

Here are some really resourceful links. Be sure to visit and absorb as much of the information you can.

Eric's links for starters
https://www.namepros.com/threads/help.843865/#post-4765036

How To Find Great Domain Names;
https://www.namepros.com/threads/how-to-find-great-domain-names-12-super-tips.409672/

You will also find videos at the follwing link very beneficial (Sherpa videos)
http://www.domainsherpa.com/

All the best.

•••
1. What is factor choose domain name? (like how many monthly search,bid,competition need for best domain name)
Monthly search - check Google adwords - more than 5000/monthly is good
Go with generic names - 1-2 keywords only! (for a start)
Try to stay with niche which is related to finances, like insurance, ecommerce, apps, etc, not art, blogs, favorite monkey, etc.
Make sure the name is pronounceable, related directly to the product (has the keyword in it), for example: babytoys, carinsurance.
Stay away from creating brands like Atcbank, amarraza, etc. You can go into brandable names later.
Shorter is better!

If you are just starting, then concentrate on keyword rich domains, because if you are into aged and developed domains it would require a separate topic and more preparation.

Very easy - .com!

The estimate price is only what you dream about it. The real truth that the vast majority of the domains do not sell at 6 figures. And that's ok - keep portfolio of a few domains and fight for a bigger price. The only price that is right - how much your buyer will pay.

•••
It takes time and effort to learn. You can't get a readymade answer to this question.

You need to learn from mistakes and as vdonline said, you will lose money in the beginning registering useless domains. It happens with everyone. So have patience and learn all the factors that make a domain valuable. Good luck

You need to learn from mistakes and as vdonline said, you will lose money in the beginning registering useless domains. It happens with everyone. So have patience and learn all the factors that make a domain valuable. Good luck :D

Amazing, how can you, guys, post things like that?
The guy came in good faith to this forum and what he sees is "Business accounts" of true domainers.
He said that he is new into this.
"You need to learn" - he does not need to!
"You will loose money" - not a fact.
"It happens with everyone" - not true! I sold my first 3 domains at a good price.

Good parent aka domainer will not say "don't do", "it will happen to you" but rather will Guide.
Why don't you answer to his quesitons???

•••
Best domain advise i ever got:

FIND 100 names you honestly think a business would buy from you. (DONT BUY) Sleep on it.
Review those 100 names and pick 1. (Don't BUY) Sleep on it.
Review again and if its the same #1 pick, then BUY only 1 domain.
Now try to sell it before you buy another:
Learn/try each of the different marketplaces/forums to sell domain.
Make a list of businesses who could benefit from owning your domain/traffic.
Then call/email each and every business to see if you can sell it.
Learn, patience, and read as much as you can while applying what you learn.
Reach out to successful brokers to see if are they are interested in selling your domain. (learn a lot here)
Most beginners buy too many domains at first. BUYING IS THE EASY PART anyone can do it!
Only buy more domains from the sale of your other domains.

I used this advise above and now have around 1,000 domains. I don't buy more domains until i get money from the sale of other domains. This forces me to learn and apply myself if in order to buy more domains.

•••
Try to stay with niche which is related to finances, like insurance, ecommerce, apps, etc, not art, blogs, favorite monkey, etc.
Make sure the name is pronounceable, related directly to the product (has the keyword in it), for example: babytoys, carinsurance.
Stay away from creating brands like Atcbank, amarraza, etc. You can go into brandable names later.
Shorter is better!

If you are just starting, then concentrate on keyword rich domains, because if you are into aged and developed domains it would require a separate topic and more preparation.

Very easy - .com!

The estimate price is only what you dream about it. The real truth that the vast majority of the domains do not sell at 6 figures. And that's ok - keep portfolio of a few domains and fight for a bigger price. The only price that is right - how much your buyer will pay.
Shorter is better!

Very easy - .com!

Good answer mate i'll follow your rules. Thank you so much

•••
Amazing, how can you, guys, post things like that?
The guy came in good faith to this forum and what he sees is "Business accounts" of true domainers.
He said that he is new into this.
"You need to learn" - he does not need to!
"You will loose money" - not a fact.
"It happens with everyone" - not true! I sold my first 3 domains at a good price.

Good parent aka domainer will not say "don't do", "it will happen to you" but rather will Guide.
Why don't you answer to his quesitons???

"You need to learn" - he does not need to! Really ?

"You will loose money" - not a fact - Are you sure he is going sell all his domains taking your advise
and if he make sure that he follows the "factors" you suggested like

More than 5000 searches or 1-2 keywords

Did you mention anything about TM names ?

What if he go and register a name with 2M searches and 1-2 words only but a direct TM like FB or Microsoft? He don't need to learn anything ?

I don't want to be negative or never want to argue and prove that my answer was perfect ..
I don't think so .
In fact we all are learning from mistakes ..Nobody is perfect....
Having a business Account on NP doesn't guarantee that all are Pro domainers and can answer all questions ... we are also learning from others.

You will loose money - Not always but Depends on the domains he choose and how he markets it .

The person who asked the question made it very clear that "I do not want those type of answer like "read more about this matter" :D

I don't think there is a ready made solution to make money from domains without having patience to learn..

•••
•••
SHINOJ, you did't get my point at all.
I will not explain twice or try to prove that I am right or wrong.
What's important is... that you wrote so long post to criticize me, but.... ZERO advices or guidance to a domainer newbie!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back