Dynadot

advice How To Check If Domain Used for Scam/Spam in the Past

NameSilo
Watch

Paulot

Established Member
Impact
Please how to do i check if a domain name has been used for scam/spam before. (free method) thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Check how the website was used in the past:
  • Archive.org
  • Archive.is
  • Enter cache:domain.com into Google search.

Check the types of sites linking to the domain:

Check what sites have said about your domain:
  • Enter intext:domain.com into Google search.

Check what Google thinks/knows about the domain and whether it's banned on Google:
  • Enter info:domain.com into Google search.
  • If recently developed, enter site:domain.com into Google search to see if any pages are indexed
  • If not, you can use a domain parking company to see if the domain shows Google ads or another provider (If not Google ads then it's likely banned). There are also tools for checking if a domain is banned from Google.
  • Add the domain to Google Search Console (formerly Google Webmasters Tools): https://search.google.com/search-console

Check spam reports and blacklists:

Check WHOIS history to see who owned the domain before:
  • Whoisology
  • Who.is
  • DomainTools

Check which websites Google thinks are related to your domain (If they're spammy websites, that's a bad sign):
  • Enter related:domain.com into Google search.

Hope that helps,

•••
Use a Extension name MOZ bar

•••
I wouldn't let it worry me only one premium name I have has problems that couldn't just be cured. Most problems can be overcome with time new whois etc. I have some black list checkers at traffic.tools.

•••
Back