Dynadot

question How to check if a domain has any problems?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Robski

Impact
Hi,

I was just wondering if there is anything I should check on each individual domain before buying it to make sure it hasn’t got any problems?

I think I should check to see if a domain has been blacklisted, Is that right? and Is there anything else I should check to make sure the domain hasn’t got any problems?

Thank you.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi,

I was just wondering if there is anything I should check on each individual domain before buying it to make sure it hasn’t got any problems?

I think I should check to see if a domain has been blacklisted, Is that right? and Is there anything else I should check to make sure the domain hasn’t got any problems?

Thank you.
You want to check for trademarks...

•••
Upvote 0
Run the domain name through DNProtect and get the DNP Score of the domain.

DNP Score will check the domain to see if it's blacklisted, if the domain is set up properly, and if there are potential trademark issues, as well as a bunch of other things.

•••
Upvote 0
I try to post as little as possible for obvious reasons. Anyways I ran my main name through dnprotect and the info is quite outdated
DNP Score 500 Out of 750
Last update: Jul 31, 2020, 3:24:52 AM

So if whois/NS is outdated for 2 years, I guess the other information results are old too

•••
Upvote 0
>> DNP Score 500 Out of 750
>> Last update: Jul 31, 2020, 3:24:52 AM
That only means that the particular domain has previously had its DNP Score calculated. You need to re-run the DNP Score (you can manually do this by clicking on that date and re-calculating the score).

•••
Upvote 0
Some parking companies, like Bodis, do have a bulk status check (is the domain marked as adult, or faillisted or otherwise blocked from G parking and why - spam, possible tm, etc, etc). Also, if you already own the domain [purchased it via payment plan for example, so you have access after the 1st payment], sometimes it would be helpful just to host it @ some hosting company for 1-2 weeks (an empty page would be fine) and check raw logs. This way it should be possible to see real traffic... I checked a few "faillisted" domains this way - was not surprising that G faillisted them, too many bots / non-human visits - thanks to previous owner(s) I'd guess

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
What you can also do, is once you have access to the domain name's DNS, you can simply verify the domain in Google Search Console. You actually do NOT have to have a live website or host the domain anywhere. You can verify the domain name at the DNS level, by adding the TXT entry for verification.

It then takes a few days for Google to start populating data on the domain.

Also, if you have a list of domains you'd like to run DNP Score checks on, send me the list via email or PM and I can run them for you manually, up to 500 at a time.

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
is DNSCORE a free service?

•••
Upvote 0
•••
Upvote 0
DA (Domain Authority) is pretty much a useless metric, as it doesn't mean anything when it comes to search engine rankings. But some other metrics, such as Trust Flow, etc. are useful.

•••
Upvote 0
•••
Upvote 0
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back