Dynadot

How To Calculate my Domain Name’s Value

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

neckozenica

Established Member
Impact
hi,

domain name is worth whatever a buyer is willing to pay for it... how I will check what is my Domain Name’s Value??

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
by negotiating with the buyer you mentioned :)

•••
hi,

domain name is worth whatever a buyer is willing to pay for it... how I will check what is my Domain Name’s Value??
There is no exact answer for it...
Deals will be closed at where buyer is satisfied with your asking price.

Note : Most of the times, one has to reduce to the exceptions to the complete sale! (Seller or buyer)

•••
hi,

Namebio is a good start - Good luck with your ventures!

•••
domain name is worth whatever a buyer is willing to pay for it

That is truly the bottom line to a domains value. Always err on the side of too much rather than too little...it is easy to drop a price in negotiation...nearly impossible to be successful when asking for more during negotiations.

Estibot, Namebio and Godaddy have automated valuation and history tools but are only good for statistics and comparable sales...your gut and instinct will eventually drive your pricing.

btw, welcome to name pros!

•••
We also have estibot.com :xf.smile:

I apprised a domain just now. The value of the domain is, according to
estibot: $ 15
me: $ 7000

•••
The value of a domain name depends on many factors like:
- The quality
- Easy to remember,pronounceable
- The extension (.com , .net,.org ........)
- Keywords
- ....other factors
It is better for you to compare your domain to close similar domains sold on Namebio.com
and Dnjournal.com
Best of Luck !!!

•••
hi,

As others have clarified in this thread - the value of a domain (or anything for that matter) is solely what a buyer is willing to pay for it. The best indication of what you can expect a buyer to pay is through comparable past sales. Familiarize yourself with similar sales reported on NameBio, and you'll have a better idea of what to expect for your domain(s).

Best of luck!

•••
It is very simple if you are a programmer :

Code:
FUNCTION GetDomainValue(DOMAIN_NAME dn)
{
    INTEGER CurrentBestOffer = 0;

FOR_EACH (Individual I on Earth)
    {
        INTEGER  ThisOffer = ASK_WHAT_IS_YOUR_BEST_OFFER(I, dn);
        VERIFY_TRUTH(I, dn, ThisOffer);
        IF (ThisOffer > CurrentBestOffer) THEN CurrentBestOffer = ThisOffer;
    }

RETURN CurrentBestOffer;
}

•••
hi,

domain name is worth whatever a buyer is willing to pay for it. ...??

Or,... depending on how much you need the money more than you need the domain. :xf.wink:

2836125_300x300

•••
I think it is helpful using tools such as Estibot and GD's GoValue (nice now open to all in beta) to get a couple of estimates, that often will vary by many orders of magnitude.

It is, as others have said, helpful to look at what somewhat comparable names have sold for on Namebio and DNPric.es (among others).

Of course a person can usually do better than any of the automated tools, so you can ask on here and elsewhere.

Ultimately it depends on what someone is willing to pay for it, and how long you are able/willing to wait for a sale.

Good luck!

•••
•••
hi,

domain name is worth whatever a buyer is willing to pay for it...

who told you that?

and which buyer, determines the domains' value?
does the first buyer who offers $10 set value

or the person they resell it to, for $2,500, set the value?

and if that same name is sold again for $25,000 two years later, then what was, or is, it's true worth?

think.... don't just repeat and proceed on the notion.

just saying

imo...

•••
how about :
"a domain name is worth what the market is willing to pay for it" ?

now "... is willing.." is present, so it's really not that easy, because of the time aspect.. but,

if the market does not determine its value, who does?

•••
•••
so if I say now that my domain is worth $ 100 000 000, then it is worth $ 100 000 000 ?

•••
so if I say now that my domain is worth $ 100 000 000, then it is worth $ 100 000 000 ?

No, it means you need medications.

•••
No, all it means I want my domain to have great value..

Obviously, following that logic, "value" has no meaning. (this assume seller is the only one to determine value, which is of cause false).

•••
Value can not be defined in a vacuum. Proper form IMO is "Value of domain X to the entity Y". The same domain will be valued differently by different persons/companies. My surname in .com is worth something to me and to other people with the same surname, but probably 0ish to everyone else.

Sellers say "it's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it", but buyers often think "what the seller asks for it". Also, "owner" is not the same as "seller". Owner may be unwilling to sell the domain.

The owner is in the best position to know what kind of demand exists for a domain, and if it is worth more to someone else than it is to himself.

•••
hi,

Depends on quality, liquidity, range of potential buyers/end users, niche, age (in some cases), promotion, average time you can spend on domain. Com is the king, LL/LLL+ NN/NNN= killers, one word plural commercial use= killer. And little bit of luck :)

•••

yes

now renew the name for 10 years
and repeat in 10 yearsand repeat in 10 yearsand repeat in 10 yearsand repeat in 10 yearsand repeat in 10 yearsand repeat in 10 yearsand repeat in 10 years

•••
My advice in case of not knowing a domain price
Set to MAKE OFFER
and wait... wait....lye down, have a coffe.

Step 1////
1 year or 2year with no offers? Let drop it.

Step 2/////
Still trust in your domain criteria? Wait 1 - 2 year more.still no offers? Drop it.

Then go to step 1- 2 again :)

•••
The same domain will be valued differently by different persons/companies.

Sure, same with other stuff like gold, bitcoin, oil etc. It's usually what the buyers combined are willing to pay, and what sellers are willing to sell for that decide the price/value (basically supply and demand).

If a buyer value differently then others it doesn't really matter at all, unless they are overpaying others.

Anyway, it is the buyers and sellers combined (that is the market) that decide value.

At least.. this the most reasonable way to look at imo also regarding domains.

So how to find a domains value? Find similar sales, reason about it, sett a price, test it.

•••
•••
Sure, same with other stuff like gold, bitcoin, oil etc. It's usually what the buyers combined are willing to pay, and what sellers are willing to sell for that decide the price/value (basically supply and demand).

If a buyer value differently then others it doesn't really matter at all, unless they are overpaying others.

Anyway, it is the buyers and sellers combined (that is the market) that decide value.

At least.. this the most reasonable way to look at imo also regarding domains.

So how to find a domains value? Find similar sales, reason about it, sett a price, test it.
And after that is when your negotiating skills comes into play.
Did you begin the price war?
Did the buyer started the price war?
Which is the minimun you are willing to accept.
You should read and understand that each word typed by buyer is giving you clues about its feelings. You can guess if he will be able to spend more or just pass. You can guess if he is really interested and how can you redirected that interest to your favour on price war.

•••
Back