Domain Empire

information How to Buy a Domain Article

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

cocaseco

Top Member
Impact
I thought this was worth discussing for a variety of reasons. I certainly don't agree with everything being said, but overall its a good article. IMO, some of the information is flat out wrong. Luckily many buyers wont ever see this. But the author mentions NamePros several times. This one point really stood out to me:

"Track Record – Determine what type of negotiation tactics you should expect by googling their email, name, company, and address to see what comes up. If they’re a domainer of any sort, try searching NamePros with their name, company, or email to see if they have a trader rating."

It is a great reminder to be very careful what you post here regarding domain names, sales techniques, negotiations etc. I know I am guilty of forgetting that at times. You have to assume that a serious buyers knows everything you have said on here regarding the domain he/she wants to buy.

Read the first part of the three part article here.

Edit: I just realized that this series was written by a senior director here at Namepros. I'm not sure exactly why, but I feel a bit betrayed by it. I guess sending buyers to a forum where sellers openly discuss sales techniques and experiences seems like a huge conflict. Maybe I am wrong in viewing NamePros as a place for sellers?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's a place for domainers, sellers and buyers. But don't expect anything other than resell prices here if you are a seller here.

•••
I thought this was worth discussing for a variety of reasons. I certainly don't agree with everything being said, but overall its a good article. IMO, some of the information is flat out wrong. Luckily many buyers wont ever see this. But the author mentions NamePros several times. This one point really stood out to me:

"Track Record – Determine what type of negotiation tactics you should expect by googling their email, name, company, and address to see what comes up. If they’re a domainer of any sort, try searching NamePros with their name, company, or email to see if they have a trader rating."

It is a great reminder to be very careful what you post here regarding domain names, sales techniques, negotiations etc. I know I am guilty of forgetting that at times. You have to assume that a serious buyers knows everything you have said on here regarding the domain he/she wants to buy.

Read the first part of the three part article here.

Edit: I just realized that this series was written by a senior director here at Namepros. I'm not sure exactly why, but I feel a bit betrayed by it. I guess sending buyers to a forum where sellers openly discuss sales techniques and experiences seems like a huge conflict. Maybe I am wrong in viewing NamePros as a place for sellers?

Yes! I also see it as a good article, but if the domainer know his value for the domain; he may not fall for the tactics as stipulated.
You know there are no two equal domains but there are killer domains in every niche, the handle issue is important for domainers to acquire and they can suck.

Thanks for the article I have learned more tricks from it.
Cheers.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back