IT.COM

How to accept past offers at AN (Afternic)

NameSilo
Watch

topdom

Top Member
Impact
Quite often I receive offers around 250, and I counter like, 900, but my counteroffers are not responded (very annoying). Very likely those are investor/flipper offers, or maybe even there were real offers elsehere which turn into lowball at the landing page...

Whatever.
What I mean.
Such offers accumulate, and if half of them turn into real sales, then it is worth to try to sell them for the last offer (also, probably the first).
How do you "make a counteroffer " to a months old offer:

At Sedo, cancel it, and create a new low BIN price (buy now only). Quite often this works. But if there was a flipper (probably another marketplace, like domainagents) offer initially, then since the actual buyer disappeared long time ago, domain won't be sold in this way to that buyer.

At Afternic: No way.
Why not add such an option: Making responding to old offers possible, or informing past bidders when there is a change in prices.

Why Sedo method above works: because the initial bidder thinks, the seller made a deal with someone else, and the domain will go. So there is no desparate drop in price, there is another buyer who is about to buy it for an agreed price, the initial bidder thinks; topdom suspects.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
At Afternic, if there is an offer, it comes as an email from sale representative. Best is to contact the person again. They may reach out to the potential buyer to see if there is still an interest.

And that is true for any marketplace, reach out to the agent.

•••
At Afternic, if there is an offer, it comes as an email from sale representative. Best is to contact the person again. They may reach out to the potential buyer to see if there is still an interest.

And that is true for any marketplace, reach out to the agent.

I think this is not the case, true for Godaddy, but not for AN or Sedo (?)
Two people from GD approached me by email enthusiastically saying there is a buyer for my 3 word domain, they said they talked on the phone with the buyer etc, ..and we made mid 4 figure deal, and Godaddy just said, the buyer didn't pay, .. and gave no more info about it. Probably they gave different prices to the buyer by accident, I mean, not just higher than the agreed price, but different agreed prices, and of course this made the buyer angry,.. so talking about it with the buyer was not an option anymore ! There is no other reasonable explanation..I mean, another explanation might be: professional fake buyer, but GD can't be so naive.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back