Dynadot

Sedo helps flippers

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

topdom

Top Member
Impact
We are "scammed" via sales to flippers all the time, because Sedo makes our data almost public, but hides buyer data even after sale is fully complete. Why do it: to hide actual buyers, to prevent us from realizing that the bidder was not the buyer but someone who plays both sides? If so, how does Sedo benefit from it: it only means less profit for Sedo, unless Sedo itself is the flipper. How can I know whether the same flipper is scamming me all the time, while he hides behind anonimty provided by Sedo. And if I accept a low price once, he will never make fair offers.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I agree all marketplaces suck.
Hi

if, they suck, then don't use them.

that's how you exercise control and put the power in your hands.
then it will be on you alone, to replace that potential visibility and loss of potential sales.

Current marketplaces use traditional financial and escrow system. Their costs are high and they don't operate efficiently.

since the general public, uses traditional financial and escrow systems to conduct business transactions, then it's logical that marketplaces incorporate similar systems that users will be familiar with.

collectively, marketplaces have enabled buyers and sellers to conduct business for years.
though internally, each may have issues, but overall they have efficiently served their purpose as facilitators of domain transactions.

without them, and the reports they produce....you might not have a Namebio, or a DNJournal and then bloggers wouldn't have much of anything to write about.

before you jump on a wagon, look to see who's yanking the reins and what road they are going down.
cuz to me, looks like the driver of this thread, has the wrong map.

imo....

•••
How "flipping" is scamming and registering a domain to sell it is not scamming?
If flipping is scamming, then every domainer not intending to develop the domain is a scammer.

•••
How "flipping" is scamming and registering a domain to sell it is not scamming?
If flipping is scamming, then every domainer not intending to develop the domain is a scammer.

There can be different types of flipping and many can be ethical. I'm complaining about unethical ones. And even if there is unethical flipping I can't blame the flipper.

Some people seem to find active buyers using their connections, and sell domains they don't own, and this happens regularly. Ok, but then I want to know who I'm selling to. They may buy before selling, and when selling part fails, they don't pay either, although price was already cheap.. This is a very common scenario.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back