Dynadot

How old is everyone here and when...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I am just wondering, how old is everyone here and at what age did you get into web development? I just turned 13 this month and i got into web development at a very young age, i think it was 11 years old if i remember correctly, I am probably ONE of the youngest members on namepros and proud of it! :D

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i;m 14... got into computers, well a long time ago, and into web dev at about 12 when I went to high (grammar) school and one of my friends showed me how to create a website on front page by dragging and dropping pictures. That was all he could do though! :lol: He had this crazy idea that whn you went file>save to web it meant he could have a website, so he was there trying to get "emailme.com" with a HTML that was supposed to email him! :hehe: I owe all my web dev skills really to him, as he was the one who first got me interested!

We have this one teacher called Miss Castles (yep.. almost 60 and never married! :lol: no surprise really). She is our english teacher, and she gets pissed sooo easilly! :hehe: B-). We just do anything to get her pissed off, and then we complain about it! We got her soo stressed that she threatened to hit a pupil! :lol: She has taken time off, we have made her have a nervous breakdown and stuff, but she never treats us any different. She is one of the worst teachers EVER. she never listens to us, and we haven't learnt anything in her class.

Oh yea... and she SMELLS TO HIGH HEAVEN!!! :o Flipping heck, she has NEVER heard of deodorant it seems... she need to wash!

•••
im 17.
got into computers around age 5
made it to the internet around age 7
started making websites around age 9
began domaining around age 14

•••
viciouscircle said:
im 17.
got into computers around age 5
made it to the internet around age 7
started making websites around age 9
began domaining around age 14
model web citizen :)...

I got into computers ever since my dad brought one of his old 3.1s home from work. He set it up in my room, and I played pinball! :lol: I loved them. I used to take apart old stuff, like tapeplayers, and rc cars and all sorts! :) :bingo:

•••
im 15, i have been into webdesign since i was 8 or 9, i setup my 1st website on usmchq.com, hey, its still there http://paulrogers.usmchq.com i used there pre-made templates and site builder, i then found there site builder couldnt do everythin i needed, so i went into the unknown, file manager, were the dark html existed, i then done what i needed, it looked better, and as i got older, i learned more and more, i started on a windows 95 computer, i blew it up in like october 99 and december 2000 i got a new laptop heh, that is now wore out, still works a lil, but i use my desktop for most, until i kill this one, 6-8 hours a day, longer when theres no school, i started on a 28K modem, like 30 minutes every month, i used to go try download music (1 song) or play on miniclip.com, i then discovered email, i started signing up for places, forums etc, i then discovered msn, i got my 1st contact after helpin him with html, it grew from there, now i dotn need any help, people always ask me for help lol, and as for domaining, i have bought 2 domains in my life, im just starting, i used to use .tk lol

•••
squeaky14

I'm 14, started php and webdesign when I was 12.
This thread is pretty old :|

•••
RE: squeaky14

squeaky14 said:
I'm 14, started php and webdesign when I was 12.
This thread is pretty old :|
I know a lot of kids your age: 14. What does "this" refer to? :bah:
Crank 'er up!
-Jeff B-)

•••
That was scary D-:
You posted that the same time I did ??

I'm confused now

•••
squeaky14 said:
That was scary D-:

I'm confused now

Obdiviously he posted just seconds after you.

•••
Qwert said:
squeaky14 said:
That was scary D-:

I'm confused now

Obdiviously he posted just seconds after you.
Enough about me, let's talk about my dress. ;)
All the best!
-Jeff B-)

psst Qwert.. is this post off topic?

•••
RapidJeff said:
Enough about me, let's talk about my dress. ;)<br>All the best!<br>-Jeff B-)<br><br>psst Qwert.. is this post off topic?

Ummm... Yeah I guess, how the hell did you do that?

•••
im 16 here and got into web design and stuffies since, uh, probably since I was 13 or so. Basically self tought myself through the entire thing, first started with the tripod web design stuff then went into html.

•••
I am 14 and got into Web Design when I was 13, Computers when I was 11, never looked back since :P

•••
looks like the average age is from 14-17 years old. :)
Also seems a lot are interested in webdesign. Thats really good :D

•••
I'm soon in the average age era :D

•••
Petter said:
Mike_Wiseman said:
looks like 12 is a popular age for starting computering :D
Not really :p i hacked the school systems at the age of 8 :p :D

Petter B-)

Or do you mean cracked by looking at the teachers password??

•••
Might so be :blink: ~ Atleast i remeber screwing with the system at school early and got banned from the PCs there and teachers at teh new school (we have a force change of school at 8th grade) have been warned I can mess with there system and even pupils have said to my head teatcher I'm a computer :gl: so they better watch out for me B-) Made me laugh when she came over and said that to me :D

•••
Im 16, My parents put me infront of a computer at age 1 and a half, I've been hooked ever since. Had internet since the old telnet "bbs"s I remember playing blackjack on a bbs *which is sad for a kid my age* I got started designing just personal pages at about 12. I've yet to "domain" (in the resale sense), but I'm eager to try sometime soon. Right now Im just a general Online-Entreprenuer.

•••
17, 18 in a few months! php got me into it.

•••
•••
i'm 14++, 15 in july. by the looks of it, i'm considered old here at namepros. ):

•••
16, web design when i was 9, started with actually decent pages when i was 12.

•••
Turning 16 in september , i think i've been into the web since 13

•••
im 16 - 17 next month 13 june rember my np$ :p

•••
I am Seventeen, and I will be eighteen in November.

I got started in web development in around 1997.

Stephen

•••
im 17, i started working with computers when i was about 7 or 8, i started programming in B.A.S.I.C on an old spectrum computer....... but i don't think i started web development till i was about 13

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back