Domain Empire

How old is everyone here and when...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I am just wondering, how old is everyone here and at what age did you get into web development? I just turned 13 this month and i got into web development at a very young age, i think it was 11 years old if i remember correctly, I am probably ONE of the youngest members on namepros and proud of it! :D

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm 15, got into computers when I was about 7. When I was 12 I became very interested in websites, and by 13 I could code HTML and PHP fluently :)

•••
Im 17, 18 in early January. Been into websites almost a year now.

•••
im 17... will be 18 this coming christmas day :P

Been playing with computers since 91... i guess i was about 4 or 5... I didnt start programming till about age 8 or 9 quick basic, visual basic... traditional AIM punters ect... I started programming PHP about 2 months after v3 came out (around 1997/1998) I have a bad memory for those types of things...

I built my first computer when i was 11 years old... (i ordered all the parts, and put it together myself... without a book or anything...)

Current computer:
4.2ghz
4gigs of ram
512 video
800gig harddrive

Laptop:
2.6ghz
1gig of ram
120gig hard drive
some on board video card O.o

I made my first network with all those wires at age 15... (we just got t3, and found out we needed new wires lol)

•••
why have 4gb ram and an 800gb hard drive, i can't even come close to fitting the 200gb hard drive space i have :-/

•••
17 Asp.net coder

current system:

2.8ghz
1 gig ram
140gb hardrive

•••
I'm 16 .. just doing this whole domain thing as a hobby more than any thing.

Current Sytem:

AMD athlon xp 3000+
290gb hdd (250 + 40)
1gb crucial ram

•••
Wildchild22 said:
why have 4gb ram and an 800gb hard drive, i can't even come close to fitting the 200gb hard drive space i have :-/

I play mmorpg's. And when i play, i record the game play, i had an idea of using the video feed live on a website, but never got around to it ;), even though i have the software made to do it ;) I programmed a server in visual basic my php scripts can get the video feed from my local pc (t3 connection makes it easy) ect...

•••
13, turning 14. Started learning BASIC html when I was 7. Started being seriously interested when I was 11 or 12

Starting learning PROPERLY about server side code this year. And while learning that I learned what type of layouts worked and why.

•••
I'm 16, and have been doing this 'stuff' for more then TWO years :)

•••
i got into computers around the age of 7 maybe, i remember being the only kid in my class who knew how to print stuff on an old apple, my first pc was a 66 mhz AST with 16 mb ram, it was brilliant, it ran windows 95. before that i owned a commadore64, (paperboy ruled), and i played consoled tll i was 12 in highschool, then i lerned some html in IT class and was interested from then on, asking the person who designed my schools website questions etc, looking at source code, i got into web design heavily though when i downloaded free templates, this was because i was in a gaming clan, and we did not have a website, i started off by getting to know how these worked, and i then got into the graphical side of web design, by 16 iknew html and some visual basic, and (i beleive) am a wizz on photoshop. im still learnin and im 17, i am determined to have a massive coding knowlegdeby the time im 30 nd a bank account to boot....

Inf

•••
I'm 15. Started HTML/Web Design at about 12. Had my PC until 14, but now I have a notebook that I use all the time.

Notebook Stats
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ CPU
ATI Mobility Radeon 9600
512 MB RAM
80 GB HD + 80 GB External

PC Stats
Intel Pentium 2.8 Ghz CPU
ATI Radeon 9200
512 MB RAM
240 GB HD

•••
I'm 15 (well pretty much 16). Got into the web at about 11, could code HTML fluently the same year. PHP by 12.

•••
13 here i started webdesign when i was 8, i was pretty bad back then.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back