NameSilo

How much web design experience do you have?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Just getting a feel for what kind of member we have here.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Im 16, self taught for a few years, learnt HTML CSS then went onto flash were i tired game development, i didnt really have the patience for that so i decided to take my flash skills back to web design. Now just finished my exams at school so this summer im looking to start Harro Designs, just me on my own designing and building websites, also recently started learning php and mysql.

•••
How2Freelance said:
Why's that? I am just turning 15 and is probably the best designer on here. :)

That was in response to "PX" (not you), who claims he knows everything a webmaster needs to know. Based on a ridiculous statement like that I'm sure I could run circles around him, and I have a LOT to learn.

How2Freelance said:
Don't downgrade younger folks.

Age has nothing to do with it. It was the ridiculous statement that proves he has everything to learn.

•••
Almost 10 years now. I've learned a little bit at a time. I mostly use Dreamweaver MX.

Here are my latest creations:

Marino Bros - the midi files were the clients request. I don't like them.
LCD

•••
Alright Gene, I took it the wrong way I guess. No need to go any farther. :)

•••
Why's that? I am just turning 15 and is probably the best designer on here
such is the modesty of youth, when you don't have the wisdom that comes from age

•••
Ohh dear, I am so old...

I feel so tired and old here... I even don't remember when I started...
I think there was no www in public use when I started programming (for younger folks, yeah it is unbelievable I know) and then, after years, PHP, mySql became number one for me and later - Java is promising (not Javascript) - after years it becomes a mature technology :)
Actually, today 10+ year old guys are really lucky, because these things simply exist, like telephones, e-mail, etc. and are ready to use.

Anyone a bit closer to 30 years of their life? :)

•••
Barefoottech said:
such is the modesty of youth, when you don't have the wisdom that comes from age
14 years here, and I think I know a fair bit, but I agree with your statement. I am always learning new stuff.

My mate reckons he is gonna start a web design business. He dosen't know anything aout web design, and dosen't like hard work. He stll reckons he will earn a good amount. :lol:

•••
There are quite a few "modest" ... LOL ... people here on these boards :hehe:

I have been doing web design for 11+ years and still have an enormous amount of learning to do.

As for those that claim they know it all ... My guess is you have barely scratched the surface on what there is to know about all the intracacies of web design.

Sure will be interesting to see if -PX- ever asks for help here on these forums ;)

•••
Yes ,PX ,who knows all there is to know.
Jeez , I feel in-adequate .
50Yrs old.
Diplomas in IT,Business, Para-Legal Studies (Computer Security).
Degree in Engineering (MIcro-Electronics)
Published Author

30yrs Experience in Electronics and
25yrs in Computers
And after all that I have still LOTS to learn
Where as One 14 Yr Old Does a one Page Web SIte and knows all there is to Know about Web Design and being a WebMaster.
Well I hope he does come running to NAMEPROS Crying when some-one hacks his site or Hijacks his domain.
Because I would love to tell him exactly what to do and Where to go

•••
3 years...started with plain html then dreamweaver and now i am learning some php.
Aboujouj83

•••
6 years+, hand-coding MySQL, PHP, CSS, HTML (and most variants), ASP, etc
I now own a website design & management consultancy

Craig

•••
The bottom line is, :imho: you will never know everything there is to know about web design. Technology changes, things move on, there is always something new and exciting to learn and implement. You can never know it all, its a constant learning process - that's why I love what I do so much :)

•••
•••
I have about 6 years but I am mostly a backend developer, I hate designing at times as I spend too much time on colors etc.

•••
•••
•••
•••
About 6 months.....and I still haven't learned much. I'm working for a construction company that has 10 domains....all ten web sites will be designed by me. I use frontpage right now but I'm not really satisifed with it ....some of the pages don't "work" in Opera or Firefox ....which cleary shows that it has serious issues(or maybe I do :) ).

•••
8 years of experience... which includes.. website designing, print media and multimedia..

•••
I've got about 3 years experience with webdesign/photoshop, about a year with HTML although i'm not that great with coding. :)

•••
I've got 5 months experience of advance things of webmastering !! and 1 year of beginning !

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back