NameSilo

discuss How much was your first sale/flip

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NetworkPearl

Top Member
Impact
Hi,

My first sale was 14 months ago for a handreg at Godaddy which I sold for $320 2 days later via outbound marketing.

The domain was HoustonSwimSchool.com if it hadn't been for that sale I probably would have left domaining.

What about yours?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My first sale was Obria.com for $4,696 in 2013. I bought the domain at NameJet for $69 earlier that year. It got me interested in brandables.

Fantastic sale considering it was your first sale! Superb!

•••
My first sale was at flippa about one-two weeks ago. I bought the domain for 36$ from flippa and sold it there for 70$ (about one month later). All in all was a 15$ profit after 10% success fee and 9$ for auction listing. It isn't much, but it is a beginning. :) Name: interestloancalculator.com

•••
My first domain sale in Dec 2013 was a pair of names hand-registered in Sep that year. I sold them for x,xxx to a globally extremely well-known US MNC. I had actually emailed a bunch of 10-12 domains to a contact found on WHOIS data but a lawyer from their domain & trademarks agency MarkMonitor responded asking how much for the two. I got frightened and emailed a well-known person in the domainer forums in those days asking for help by offering commission but he didn't respond. Finally, I went ahead alone, negotiated and completed the transaction through Escrow thanks to the lawyer who was very nice and thoroughly professional. I can't disclose the company, exact price and the names because they made me sign an NDA.

•••
Bought domain for $270 Sold for $2500 Within 4 weeks.

•••
Was so long ago I don't even remember it.

•••
About 10-11 years ago I think for a couple of thousand $ for something I hand regged to develop. That is part of what got me into domaining in the first place. I'm struggling to even remember the name now.

In saying all that I got very lucky at the start as I had no idea about the value of domains and it took me ages to truly appreciate and learn their values. I remember I had some atrocious domains when starting out, some good and some I thought were the bees knees but I was told wasn't. Names like 4L chinese premiums.. qxqf.com and the like. Oh how funny it is looking back now. :)

Last edited:
•••
My first sale was voiplogin.com at Godaddy for $750 2 months after handregging it...

•••
•••
Was so long ago I don't even remember it.

I kept on trying to remember my first sale too but it was back in 2001, can't remember exacly. Have sold few since then.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back