Dynadot

domain How much should C***O**I**NM***ENA.com be priced?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
I'm bad with pricing.
I always overprice like an idiot and scare buyer away. Rooke move even though I've been at this for a bit.

Got a direct message from CEO of a company that just did a successful ICO and sold $30 million worth of coins. They seem to be "making moves" in the middle east and the UAE.

They are interested in my domain. (Remove the ******)

Me**Na can stand for Middle East North Africa or Mena a small down Arkansas.

Domain Price Date Venue
coin.org 75,000 USD 2014-11-12 DomainGuardians
coinnews.com 27,500 USD 2014-04-16 Uniregistry
coin.store 26,705 USD 2018-08-05 Alibaba
coinbag.com 26,000 USD 2018-02-05 Uniregistry
coinlink.com 22,000 USD 2018-02-26 Sedo
coinbook.com 20,000 USD 2017-08-31 Uniregistry
coinking.com 14,190 USD 2018-04-11 Sedo
coinance.com 12,500 USD 2019-01-31 Sedo
cointax.com 12,200 USD 2017-02-20 Sedo
coinrank.com 12,000 USD 2018-03-20 Uniregistry

So is it fair to expect just $27,500 which seems to be the highest sold price for two word .com's starting with "coin"?

also Coin.org is obviously a single dictionary word. not two. Can a seller justify pricing their two word domain the same as a single word domain especially if their two word domain is a .com? and the $75,000 sale was that of a .org?

Is it also fair to extrapolate a higher price based on the current fair market value of a domain that sold back in 2014 for $27,500?

or do you simply go.

"My domain is a two word .com that starts with "coin". The last and highest "Coin" domain that sold was a two word domain for $27,500 back in 2014 so my price for my 1 year old domain should be $27,500 and nothing more."

Plus do Geo's factor into the pricing scheme? Like Mena consists of oil rich countries. but Mena is also Arkansas not really poor but not really rich either.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Dang it would be nice if they would make an offer so you can see where their mind is.

I would price the name based off similar sales, that does justify your pricing for the name IMO.

A direct message from any CEO says he wants that domain, CEO’s don’t fuck around and usually delegate everything. But they are very wise fuckers when it comes to cash too.

I would just make sure you have clear justification for the price you send the CEO.

•••
they contacted you out of the blue, for that name?

imo...

•••
Dang it would be nice if they would make an offer so you can see where their mind is.

I would price the name based off similar sales, that does justify your pricing for the name IMO.

A direct message from any CEO says he wants that domain, CEO’s don’t f*ck around and usually delegate everything. But they are very wise f*ckers when it comes to cash too.

I would just make sure you have clear justification for the price you send the CEO.

lol thanks! f*ckers hehe.

That's how all outbounds should begin.

"Hello F*cker,
Want to buy my f*cking domain? It's f*cking good! Give me $250 thousand f*cking dollars and make it f*cking snappy!"

Actually, sadly I did a keyword search for my domain in my inbox and found that this guy was the one who sent me an offer via my Efty.

Forget it. False alarm.

Cheap bastard offer only $250 but that could be also because if he used Godaddy to look it up he probably saw the $250 minimum offer.

I doubt anything will come out of this now as I never have good experience when bargaining with Arabs. no disrespect to Arabs. Just saying. They are frugal. This is either a compliment or a diss depending on how you see it.

•••
they contacted you out of the blue, for that name?

imo...

Yea. There's plenty of "stuff" going on with keywords below

MENA
CRYPTO
block
Chain
Blockchain
Bit
Coin
BTC
Bitcoin

The problem is you need to find one that cares to choose .com(aftermarket) as opposed to .ae (for reg fee)

•••
Is it reasonable to expect $27,500 for that name? Not really.
It has a very small pool of potential buyers.

Most of the comp sales you listed are far more generic, brandable terms with a larger pool of potential buyers.

If you are asking serious 5 figure prices for domains like this I doubt you will make many sales.
It only works if you have a few hundred thousand domains like Mike Mann and are willing to sell a handful a year.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back