NameSilo

advice How much do you get paid per click? And best svc to use?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

morf13

Top Member
Impact
I am using Sedo parking. Wondering if anybody likes them or uses them, or if anybody knows of a more profitable svc to use?

Also, I think the parked site money you make on each click depends on the site or varies by the keyword, or ad type, is that correct? For example, I have PAINTLOGO.com parked, and today got 13 Unique hits, and 5 clicks, but the 5 clicks only earned me 1 cent total, which seems cheesy. I think some of my other parked domains generate one cent per click. Are these click rates determined by the advertisers, or by the Parking company. Obviously, I want more exposure for my domains so I can sell them, but also want to maximize my Parking revenue. Any help is appreciated, thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That domain you mentioned is faillisted by Google. To earn any money, Sedo uses secondary ad providers which usually don't pay well.

Sedo is not the best place to park domains for revenue. I would recommend to try Voodoo or Bodis for start. You can always keep the domains listed at Sedo while, at the same time, set up a contact / for sale form, so you don't lose any exposure. That's even a better choice as you can answer to direct inquiries and choose a website for escrowing transactions.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks, but what does FAILLISTED mean?

•••
Thanks, but what does FAILLISTED mean?

This is a sort of domain ban by AdSense. Google will not display adds on faillisted domains.

•••
This is a sort of domain ban by AdSense. Google will not display adds on faillisted domains.
Why would it be fail listed?

•••
You, your parking service, or a previous owner violated Adsense standards.
It can be reversed (not easily).
Do some research, if you feel it's worthwhile.

•••
You, your parking service, or a previous owner violated Adsense standards.
It can be reversed (not easily).
Do some research, if you feel it's worthwhile.
Thanks, it must be the previous owner, or Sedo, all I did was park it,

•••
•••
I used sedo for over a decade

every ppc may do well for one domain or another, but none will perform the best for all

but your domain looks like it was pointing to:

imo...

That must be from the old owner, I just registered it this month

•••
here is a tool made by one of NamePros users that helps me a lot to check banned domains (or adult domains) before buying them:

http://avetrack.com/checker/check.php

and pay attention to what biggie said : No single parking service will pay best for all your domains.

If you want to earn the optimal money from parking, you need to try as many parking services as you can before deciding which service suits you best

good luck and, now that you have a tool to check before buying, be careful of what you buy :)

•••
Forward the traffic to a similar domain. Simple workaround for faillisted domains.

•••
Forward the traffic to a similar domain. Simple workaround for faillisted domains.

do you advise to redirect to a non-banned domain or to a similar(i.e faillisted) domain?
and if the latter, what would be the purpose of doing so? just curious

•••
You redirect to a non faillisted domain and earn first tier clicks.

•••

Well, I see two problems here:
1. I don't think you can redirect traffic to a parked domain (you might have issues with the parking services)
2. The domain you redirect the traffic to, eventually will also get faillisted since domains pass their quality to one another.

as for (2) . I have tried it in the past, on non-parked domains, and I have experienced it first hand. I would definitely not advise anyone to do it

•••
1. I don't think you can redirect traffic to a parked domain (you might have issues with the parking services)
2. The domain you redirect the traffic to, eventually will also get faillisted since domains pass their quality to one another.

as for (2) . I have tried it in the past, on non-parked domains, and I have experienced it first hand. I would definitely not advise anyone to do it

It works for me.

•••
Thanks I will check these options out

•••

I agree

all ppc's required users to "set nameservers" to their respective platform, where previously you could "redirect" traffic from various domains to one or more.

though you could literally still do it, I would not recommend it either.

imo...

•••
That domain you mentioned is faillisted by Google. To earn any money, Sedo uses secondary ad providers which usually don't pay well.

Sedo is not the best place to park domains for revenue. I would recommend to try Voodoo or Bodis for start. You can always keep the domains listed at Sedo while, at the same time, set up a contact / for sale form, so you don't lose any exposure. That's even a better choice as you can answer to direct inquiries and choose a website for escrowing transactions.
Noob question: how is possible keep a domain in parking at bodis and meanwhile keep it listed at sedo?
Thanks

•••
Noob question: how is possible keep a domain in parking at bodis and meanwhile keep it listed at sedo?
Thanks

On SEDO is listed on their marketplace as a 'for sale' item while BODIS (or any other parking service) receives the traffic of the domain to earn you money

By listing it on SEDO or any other marketplace you just improve the chances of exposure to potential buyers, that's all.

•••
So I just need to write the name on seep and list if for sale and then also if my name server Point bodis (to stay on the sample) I still have my name on sedo listing right?

•••

This is definitely not allowed by any parking company, unless you have permission to do it, which I'm not sure you could ever get..

Surprised you haven't been at least been on notice...

•••
So I just need to write the name on seep and list if for sale and then also if my name server Point bodis (to stay on the sample) I still have my name on sedo listing right?

You can list it on any marketplace you want, as long as the nameservers point to a parking service then your earnings will come from said parking service.
Since you mentioned BODIS, they also use custom redirection where you can have an inquiry be sent straight to the SEDO sale page so that SEDO can manage the potential sale.

let's not hijack the thread though. If you need details please mail me :)

•••
You can list it on any marketplace you want, as long as the nameservers point to a parking service then your earnings will come from said parking service.
Since you mentioned BODIS, they also use custom redirection where you can have an inquiry be sent straight to the SEDO sale page so that SEDO can manage the potential sale.

let's not hijack the thread though. If you need details please mail me :)
You mean to say "sedo is best for selling domain" and "bodis is best for park domain" right?

•••
You mean to say "sedo is best for selling domain" and "bodis is best for park domain" right?

I re-read the thread to answer your question
How exactly did you come to the conclusion that I favour one over the other?

•••
As a whole 25 cents epc on portfolio. Best ones average 6 dollars a click.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back