IT.COM

How much do I charge for advertising?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I have a new forum opened 22nd November that received 18000 hits throught the week and a half in november it was up, and 1000 through december so far according to awstats. I have a space in the header that I am reserving for a standard size banner, on a monthly basis. The site is a marketing forum, with approx. 140 posts and 21 members.

Thanks,
Josh.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
With those member and post stats, you should give advertising away for free.

•••
Is the traffic not worth anything then?

•••
I agree, you should set advertising prices according to your member count (and their activity). Right now you could offer free advertising to your members for their activity or have some contests). When you gain more members you can also start charging for it and raise the price later.

Traffic doesn't matter that much if there are only few people who will see the ad.

•••
Yes, free advertising still. I have a community with 700 members and 6000 impressions a day, I still have to give free advertising. Advertisers just refuse to pay :(

That's why I used it to advertise my own product and services.

•••
Put an adbrite.com ad and let it grow. As it is now i don't think you'll find direct advertisers

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back