Dynadot

discuss How much did you start domaining with?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

How much did you start domaining with?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • < $500

votes
    66.0%
  • $500 - $1500

votes
    13.0%
  • $1500 - $5,000

votes
    8.0%
  • $5,000 - $10,000

votes
    5.0%
  • $10,000+

votes
    8.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
What was your capital when you started domaining?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
$7. Still have it. Kept for sentimental reasons.

•••
Around $100 in 90's just for curiosity, not to sell it for profit. In the first years of the millennium I threw $1,000 and lost. I threw another $1000 after 2-3 years and turned it to 10k in 1 year. Never give up.

•••
Around $100 in 90's just for curiosity, not to sell it for profit. In the first years of the millennium I threw $1,000 and lost. I threw another $1000 after 2-3 years and turned it to 10k in 1 year. Never give up.
Wow! This is resilience! I would have panicked after losing the 1K!

•••
I started with 2k ( in 2013 ). So far I have spent 200k purchasing domains.
I have 1000 domains. I never sell a domain for less than 30k. I sell 2 to 3 every year.

•••
Wow! This is resilience! I would have panicked after losing the 1K!

Don't be afraid to give up the good to go for the great.
- Rockefeller

•••
I started with a credit card. Overall probably spent upwards of $ 1000 on domain names and got back upwards of $ 10000 from ad clicks on domain names I've developed. So it's worked out just phyne.

•••
I started with 10K around July 2020, and wasted most of it on crappy hand reg and overpriced auctions.
Had a surprise sales of around 10K in Nov/Dec 2021 combined, and this was when I didn't want to invest any more money. So it came as a blessing. I spent that 10K plus another 5 K in the next couple months on fresh buying which set the path for my current domaining business.

So my out of Pocket was around 15K. And just to make sure I play with house money, I took out 15K from my domaining business account, and I have another 20K in reserve which I plan to continue to grow so that I can acquire a nice one word .com. All these generated from my sales.
Nice

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back