IT.COM

discuss How many Unwanted Phone Calls do you receives a day

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I'm receiving an average of 30 calls a day from India offering a web for any of my domain right now I have more than 500 phone numbers blocked in my phone the problem is that they call me from different numbers that do not even exist, they do not even have a criterion about why a people with more than 100 domains will want a website.

The private whois is not an option, since I have received some calls from buyers, the question is :

Do you have any idea how to solve this?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Its a double edged sword. On the one hand I get all these annoying calls but at the same time I sell lots of domains via inbound emails.

•••
From Godaddy:

Whois Masking - What Is Changing

We’re making improvements to protect you from spam.

Starting January 25, your WHOIS contact details will be masked from automated access points.

This service will block some of your contact details through automated access points.

We’re always looking for ways to protect your information online. To help slow the flood of spam that can occur when you register a domain without privacy services, WHOIS masking of certain personal data will be turned on for all domains on January 25.

This service will limit a potential spammer’s ability to access your first name, last name, email and phone number through automated means (also known as Port 43 access). We’ll continue to publish full WHOIS details to users of our CAPTCHA-protected, web-based WHOIS system, as required.

Here’s how to opt out:

If you still want your information to be available via automated sources of public WHOIS data, you can opt out anytime using one of these options:

• Call us at +1 (480) 505-8877.
  • Send your request to [email protected]. We may ask for additional information for verification purposes.

Domain Privacy still matters.

While we hope this service will help cut down on spam calls and emails, because registration information is still made available publicly, Domain Privacy is still the best way to maintain anonymity online. WHOIS masking will only restrict spammers through automated bulk access sources.

To learn more, check out this help article. https://www.godaddy.com/help/masking-contact-information-shared-via-whois-automated-access-points-27...

Important to note – If you are concerned about potential buyers of your domain not being able to find your information they can still see it after filling out a captcha. This change only impacts automated requests to cut back on spammers which gather the information in bulk.

•••
For me calls is not a problem, the problem is spam mails they are thousands now.

•••
The calls have slowed down in the last month, but I still get a lot of e-mails - thankfully most go right into the spam folder!

•••
•••
Have one huge block list myself.. getting really nutz

•••
Not calls but i receiving many emails for webdesign and seo service.

•••
•••
•••
•••
GoDaddy has smartline if you wanna direct those suckers to your Smartline number.

As log as you block every number you get a call from that is spam, you will eventually only get 1-2 a week. Hopefully..... I was getting 50 calls a day at one point till I turned on privacy for 3/4 of my names.

•••
GoDaddy has smartline if you wanna direct those suckers to your Smartline number.

As log as you block every number you get a call from that is spam, you will eventually only get 1-2 a week. Hopefully..... I was getting 50 calls a day at one point till I turned on privacy for 3/4 of my names.
Fifty calls a day?! I'd flip.

•••
Fifty calls a day?! I'd flip.
I was, but what can you do... each caller has no idea you just received a million calls and is just doing their job, so when I answer and explode, its kind of unnecessary lol. Sometimes when i’m bored though i’ll mess with them and say dumb stuff lol

•••
I dont get calls but i get hundreds of emails offering me web design.

I sometimes reply back pretending im interested in their services but they dont reply. What a useless business model that is

•••
For me calls is not a problem, the problem is spam mails they are thousands now.

If you are literally getting thousands of spam emails, don't you think it's time to change your email address?

•••
When I first started domaining, I never received any phone calls (y)

Now I get about 5-10 calls a day, all because of the few domains I have with GoDaddy :punch:

-All related to marketing/logo design/web development.

The worst though is when you don't answer and then they call you ten seconds later from a private number:punch::punch::punch::punch::punch::punch::punch:

•••
Do you guys ever get the calls that are silent for EXACTLY 12 seconds and than hang up? Makes me wonder if theyre just using it to record voice snippets for their automated spam calls

•••
Do you guys ever get the calls that are silent for EXACTLY 12 seconds and than hang up? Makes me wonder if theyre just using it to record voice snippets for their automated spam calls

Yep. I get some of those. Wondered what that was all about.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back