Dynadot

poll How many registrars do you use to run your domain business/hobby?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

How many registrars do you use to run your domain business/hobby?

• 1st

2-5

votes
    59.6%
  • 2nd

6 or more

votes
    28.8%
  • 3rd

votes
    11.5%

• 52 votes
  • Ended 4 years ago
  • Final results

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
How many registrars do you use to run your domain business/hobby?

Some have loyalty to one or just want the organization and ease of management to just one provider.

Some use registrars for different extensions, your favorite might have the best .com, net, org pricing and privacy for free but they are too high for your interests in new gtlds or exotic cctlds.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I only use 1 Registrar. I have accounts with other registrars of course for acquisitions. But as soon as the transfer lock is lifted, usually after 60 days, they get transferred to my 1 Registrar. End of story.

•••
I use 5 registrars, but I only choose registrar that support for push domain or fast transfer to accelerate better buyers experience.

•••
•••
Over 90% Epik love them!

Other: Dynadot, NameSilo

last always least—GD; only 1 *Forced 60 day

Samer

Last edited:
•••
3 , one for each portfolio i own.

•••
I chose ling ago to consolidate to a single registrar which I have chosen Epik for. But I maintain accounts at Godaddy and Dynadot too to participate in their expired auctions.

•••
A few. Consolidation is almost necessary if you have a lot of domains. It is really hard to manage a large amount of domains across a lot of different registrars.

Brad

•••
Three for me, almost daily.

1. Epik, managing all landing, inquiries and DNS for 4600 domains.
2. Namebirght, 1500 and dwindling daily. All DNS at Epik landers.
3. Godaddy, 17 domains from recent auction purchases.

•••
Three for me, almost daily.

1. Epik, managing all landing, inquiries and DNS for 4600 domains.
2. Namebirght, 1500 and dwindling daily. All DNS at Epik landers.
3. Godaddy, 17 domains from recent auction purchases.
Thanks Dan! Curious, do you have an account rep at GD?

•••
I use enough that I need to think to actually know the precise number, definitely way more than 6 :xf.eek:

Here are the main ones I use....
  1. Dynadot
  2. Epik
  3. Namecheap
  4. NameSilo
  5. DomainCostClub
  6. Name.com
  7. GoDaddy
  8. Porkbun
  9. Gandi
  10. Rebel
  11. HostPapa (really PromoPeople)
  12. Moniker
  13. WHC (Canadian)
The majority of my domains are at the first 7 (except for my .ca domains). I have in the past used at least three other ones for at least a few domain names.

Why so many? Mainly two reasons:
  • I like to help people with practical problems. I am more able to do that if I have actually registered, set DNS and other things, transferred from/to a registrar, etc. I used to think it would be unduly complicated to use multiple registrars, but really it does not seem that way to me. I think by actually using a bunch it gives me a perspective on what is good at different registrars, and what limitations each have.
  • I like to save money :xf.smile:. I constantly watch for good deals on registrations, transfers and occasionally renewals. I have lots of different TLDs (so many I don't know off hand, but probably mid 20's at least). Legacy, general purpose country, my country, and many new extensions. No one registrar offers me great prices on all the TLDs I invest in at all times.
Thanks for the thread, @equity78 .

Bob

Last edited:
•••
Thanks Dan! Curious, do you have an account rep at GD?
I do not, my rep was taken away in 2009 maybe earlier. I don't remember exactly, to be honest. Definitely before the IPO and subsequent changes.

•••
For some reason or another I have had to join up all over the place some transferred some sit just to keep them active. Just means you can trade ready for anything great when others are discouraged over registrar.

•••
Epik, NameSilo, Godaddy, Uniregistry

•••
•••
Greater than 5, less than 10.
Most Domains with Dynadot!

•••
•••
Greater than 5 but I most where just promo triggered .. after 1 year I won't have names there..I will transfer the good ones to Dynadot

•••
Greater than 5 but I most where just promo triggered .. after 1 year I won't have names there..I will transfer the good ones to Dynadot

Yes I think many do that, good point.

•••
Godaddy , NameCheap and the best so far Epik.

•••
Op may not be looking for web hosting, just email hosting. Perhaps he/she has is using a platform that already imcludes hosting like shopify or squarespace.

•••
•••
been using a lot since i domain since 2015.
mostly due to various promos
i mean who in trheir right mind wont reg or transfer to doster for 1-2$ per .com when they had that back in the day lol

but yeah.. in the end we all undersgtand the fewer the better.. so now im 90% at dyna.. rest is epik.. gd..

still if good promos show up.. i underline GOOD... i'd go there... as would probaby most here.
and I don't mean for 1-2$ discounts.

cheers

•••
•••
Only 52 votes so not a great sample size.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back