IT.COM

poll How many registrars do you use to run your domain business/hobby?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

How many registrars do you use to run your domain business/hobby?

• 1st

2-5

votes
    59.6%
  • 2nd

6 or more

votes
    28.8%
  • 3rd

votes
    11.5%

• 52 votes
  • Ended 4 years ago
  • Final results

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
How many registrars do you use to run your domain business/hobby?

Some have loyalty to one or just want the organization and ease of management to just one provider.

Some use registrars for different extensions, your favorite might have the best .com, net, org pricing and privacy for free but they are too high for your interests in new gtlds or exotic cctlds.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Only 52 votes so not a great sample size.
True small number stats. I am somewhat surprised that over 70% use fewer than 5 registrars. I had just thought with pushes from various sales, even if they moved them after the hold period, most would have more than 5 at any one point. I guess I am an outlier! :xf.eek:
Bob

•••
Somewhat related to this topic, and whether people consolidate after pushes or promotions to a preferred registrar, are there publicly available data by registrar on how many transfer in and out?
Bob

•••
Somewhat related to this topic, and whether people consolidate after pushes or promotions to a preferred registrar, are there publicly available data by registrar on how many transfer in and out?
Bob

I dont imagine most registrars would want to make those numbers public. Though perhaps a service like domain tools that is already tracking whois changes could also use their tech to track transfers

•••
Bob

Do you not trust ICANN’s monthly reports?
Why would registrars shoot themselves in the foot unless gained massive amount transfers.

Bookmark this page (for .com)
https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/com-2014-03-04-en

https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/registry-reports (For almost any extension)

Last edited:
•••
Do you not trust ICANN’s monthly reports?
I did not realize that the transactions report was broken down by registrar. The Transfer Gain and Transfer Lost columns gives exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much, @Samer!
Bob

•••
I did not realize that the transactions report was broken down by registrar. The Transfer Gain and Transfer Lost columns gives exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much, @Samer!
Bob

Ofc, anytime Bob!

I wasnt kidding about bookmarking though...

Trust me when i say, ICANN website is a farce, Bob.

After bookmark, go ICANN.org, try find it..

Last edited:
•••
Ofc, anytime Bob!

I wasnt kidding about bookmarking though...

Trust me when i say, the website is a farce, Bob.

After bookmarking it, go to ICANN.org, and try find it

Ya they could really do with a full rebuild the site is horrible.

•••
I only use 1 Registrar. I have accounts with other registrars of course for acquisitions. But as soon as the transfer lock is lifted, usually after 60 days, they get transferred to my 1 Registrar. End of story.

Same is my case.

•••
•••
I would like to get down to 1, though some do better for specific extensions.

Yeah, that happens depending on the extensions. Like .IM is not offered by Uniregistry so all my .IM domains are registered with Name.com

•••
Yeah, that happens depending on the extensions. Like .IM is not offered by Uniregistry so all my .IM domains are registered with Name.com

Same with me I have registrar that cannot match pricing on one specific extension.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back