IT.COM

How many offer views to decide if domain is worth renewing?

NameSilo
Watch

Julio

DominioNombres.comTop Member
Impact
Hello Everyone,

I was just wondering about this question when I was looking at my sedo stats: How many offer views ( Not unique views ) to your sales pages does it take for you to decide if that domain is worth renewing or dropping it?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Offers would be more important than offer views as Sedo does little in terms of eliminating bots. I'd say ask a few questions...

1) Does the domain make business sense?
2) Are there multiple end users for the domain?
3) Would a business pay at least $500+ for the domain or could a cheap replacement be found easily?
4) Would I renew this domain if it doesn't sell in year number 1? As most of my sales happen in year number 2 or 3 and some over 10+ years.
5) How many offers have I received on it? Range of those offers?
etc...

•••
Those are good points you bring up.

I'm asking: Would you renew a domain name based on the number of offer views? If that name received any offers yet.

•••
Those are good points you bring up.

I'm asking: Would you renew a domain name based on the number of offer views? If that name received any offers yet.

Generally the questions above I ask myself before registering any name. So it's pretty much already determined I'll renew everything I register. If it's not a name that I feel deserves to be renewed based on sales strength potential alone then I won't register it to begin with. Offers may come into consideration but not offer views especially at Sedo as they don't really block any bot traffic out and the reason parking statistics higher there over other places as well.

Last edited:
•••
Number of offer views gives a little info about a domain. Don't forget they are showing last 31 days, and number of views may increase one month before expiration due to traffic from expired domain lists and whois searches. But if you are getting constant of number of views for every month you may consider renewing that particular domain.

•••
I feel that if you can put some advertising on the domain, and it covers the cost of renewal and hosting, then it's worth keeping the name forever, or until you find a buyer.

•••
Hello Everyone,

I was just wondering about this question when I was looking at my sedo stats: How many offer views ( Not unique views ) to your sales pages does it take for you to decide if that domain is worth renewing or dropping it?

it has not much to do with offer views
1 view in 10 years who buys it is enough

•••
very difficult, you need to use your gut and past experience, based on a name by name basis.

i sold a name this year for $2k - no traffic and no offer views

•••
what happens when you get over 10,000 offer views and no sales...

do you keep it?

upload_2017-6-3_0-34-21.png

•••
•••
Same goes to type-in traffic. You can thousands of type-in without sales and no type-in traffic with sales

•••
Thank you everyone for the replies.

very difficult, you need to use your gut and past experience, based on a name by name basis.

i sold a name this year for $2k - no traffic and no offer views

Here's what I am thinking "IF visitors are passing through the landing page to the offer page" are they just looking? OR might have some interest in the domain?

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back