Dynadot

How many domain resellers do you estimate there is?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ClickHoldem

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
I talk to my friends about domain buying and reselling and none of them have heard of such a thing.....not one person that I know personally knows anything about it. What about you guys?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
how many domain resellers do you estimate there is?

more than I can count :hehe: I couldnt even guess really

•••
There are more resellers then stars in the sky..Same goes with web hosting.

•••
Filtered said:
There are more resellers then stars in the sky..Same goes with web hosting.

:lol:

•••
Maybe millions including me

•••
I know that eNom alone has over 40,000 ETP's (eNom Technology Provider) under their belt.

:!:

•••
In my country (24m population), broadband is still at an early stage. Even domains like poker.xx, distributor.xx & stocks.xx are still available :)

Maybe I should start a domain reseller market here, huh?! LOL

•••
It may be calculated by formula.

Hello,

It may be calculated with the following formula:

Assumption:
The average domains register by a reseller is 500 domains.

Total resellers:
= Total domains register / 500
= 46061532 / 500
= 92123

Not so many :)

Note:
Total domains register as of July 22, 2005 is 46,061,532 (info from http://www.domainworldwide.com)

•••
-db- said:
I know that eNom alone has over 40,000 ETP's (eNom Technology Provider) under their belt.

:!:

I find that hard to believe... they have 46,210 resellers acounts
they clain and you think only 6,210 of them are sub resellers?

•••
Yes there is Thousands of resellers from hundreds of Registrars
I myself have five different Reseller agreements for various reasons.
Most major Registrars offer reseller agreements ranging in Price from
Free to overpriced Agreements for Hundreds of Dollars
I have spent a Total of $49.95 USD for my 5.

•••
•••
I would say at least 200,000 at any one time.I'm sure though that A lot of them are not real active.

•••
More than you can count i think! :hehe:

•••
I don't know any domain resellers personally, but I'm sure there are plenty of them here at namepros.

46,061,532 is a whooping number. but that was yesterday, the number will probably increased by a couple of hundreds for today.

•••
1000 NP$ offer to tell me the correct number with proof
Lol, just kidding

•••
•••
•••
redwolf2003 said:
.........domain buying and reselling........
I think some of us are mixing the two types of "resellers". Those who actually buy/register domains and then sell it at profit (hopefully) in the aftermarket (and I think this type is the one redwolf2003 is referring to); secondly, there are those who just offer domain registration services using another registrar's (like eNom or Go Daddy) platform. The former are also sometimes called domain "speculators". I'd imagine vast majority in this (speculator) category are members of one or more of the three well-known domain forums. NP has the most membership...just over 19K. Now, of these 19K, how many we think would be "active" resellers...lets say, having more than 100 domains for resale at any given time. I think the number would be in hundreds rather than thousands. So, IMO, despite feeling sorrounded by tons of domain resellers/speculators, we are actually a rather rare breed.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Wow alot of people use eNom although are there are any other registars that have reseller programs?

•••
redwolf2003 said:
I talk to my friends about domain buying and reselling and none of them have heard of such a thing.....not one person that I know personally knows anything about it. What about you guys?

I hate to think how manywildwestdomains.com has as affil resellers
and they're owned by GoDaddy!
They also have 2 different reseller programs..

•••
I should think there ought to be a directory to list all domain resellers

•••
xyris said:
I should think there ought to be a directory to list all domain resellers

Yeah that could be a good idea but if there really are as many resellers as people say there are that could be quite a task.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back