Dynadot

question Domain reselling business

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

shani547

Impact
hi every one i am new here . i come here by finding something about domains reselling business.
i want to do reselling business of domain registration kindly reply my some questions for my clarification.

i am finding the main domain registration provider who give me more less rates for reselling
if i want to get more and more less rate for domain reselling then what you suggest ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Welcome shani547!

1st. Selling domains not usually fast or easy. Read everything in these forums so you won't waste money on terrible names.

2nd. Get an account with Epik.com. Then request their NamePros discount. It will be $8.50 to register or renew. (That's a cheap renewal.) And for the remainder of this month, they offer transfers in for only $6.99.

If you chase after all the super cheap promo deals, you could wind up wasting a LOT of MONEY like I did.

Better to get a solid registrar and stick with it. You don't want a lot of domains anyway. Just a few good ones.

Last edited:
•••
Welcome to Namepros. Chris Wright shared some valuable words. Just don't waste your money thinking that you can buy & sell easy.

•••
actually mostly companies are not giving less price but my competitors giving .com domians in just 4 or 5 dollars even i am unable to get this kind of less price for reselling

•••
oh, you're talking about domain reselling program? Yeah, I also don't understand how they want you to sell at $12 or something when the competition is selling for much less

•••
Welcome shani547!

1st. Selling domains not usually fast or easy. Read everything in these forums so you won't waste money on terrible names.

2nd. Get an account with Epik.com. Then request their NamePros discount. It will be $8.50 to register or renew. (That's a cheap renewal.) And for the remainder of this month, they offer transfers in for only $6.99.

If you chase after all the super cheap promo deals, you could wind up wasting a LOT of MONEY like I did.

Better to get a solid registrar and stick with it. You don't want a lot of domains anyway. Just a few good ones.

you are saying right epik has very good renewal and new registration price but other also giving almost same like name chea is giving 8.88 new registration but i am finding how people are selling at 4 or 5 dollar are there any companies who are giving more less price for reselling the domain

•••
When the larger resellers give offers they are usually breaking even on the registration or making a loss. I would assume they are banking on registrant renewing the name for a number of years after and not transferring the name away.

My guess would be that being a domain reseller is not going to be profitable unless you manage to get thousands and thousands of registrations which I unlikely when the established businesses can afford to sell names below cost price.

Good luck though.

•••
If you are already running a business like web design and development and you want to just improve the service and sell names/hosting around it, you can use reseller programs similar to ResellerClub.

Otherwise you might be looking for this:
https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/accreditation-2012-02-25-en
The application fee is $3.5k.

Good luck!

•••
Domain reselling is a good idea. If a domain expire and client don't pay on time. You can charge him a good amount on renewals. If it expired for long time. Just sell at a good price on market place. Don't wait for heavy or good price. Just sell and make profit.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back