Dynadot

How Many Domain Extensions Do You Own?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
Depending on the domain investment strategy, some investors are firm in investing in one particular extension, while other domain investors choose to spread their investments over many different extensions.

I thought it might be interesting to see how other investors spread their investments. For me, I have domains in 24 different extensions. 50% of what I own is .com and the other 50% is spread across mostly ccTLD's.

I really hope to see what other domain investors are doing. Is it just one extension, or many?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
How do people come? Just types in domain name to a browser and gets landing page with make offer?

Exactly! The idea is owning the exact name people want to perfectly describe their business. Chances are if we choose to peddle second third best then we need a marketplace to project the idea onto someone else.

Three in this list but own many more extensions.

•••
In order of quantity:-

.co.uk
..com
.uk
.info
.io
.co
.net

•••
.com .co.uk .org

the rest are worthless to me

•••
•••
Almost all dot coms but have some orgs.
Will only be keeping orgs that are supportive of a very good com I own or really really good words.

Eventually I would like to have only strong dot coms

•••
72 in total

43 .in / co.in
7 .com
6 .org
6 .nl (netherlands)
3 .co.uk
3 .co
1 .us
1 .net
1 .pro
1 .irish

Last edited:
•••
•••
It depends on the name and associated extension if you think name is good you can have one.

•••
.com
.net
.co
.biz
.online
.club
.site
.us

•••
.com
.org
.tv
.co
.biz
.io
.supply
.us

•••
All of mine are .com, when i first purchased domains it was when I first got sober. I thought I would start an alcoholism forum. I went a tad bonkers buying domains that could potentially be used for an alcoholism/addiction forum. When time came to renew, I trimmed it down to nothing but .com. That was in part a beginner mistake of forgetting about the renewal and purchasing an expensive car just before they were going to expire.

Yes I am still sober, I'll have 4 years in November.

•••
I have about 2K. My personal preference goes towards .com as there's a bigger market for them obviously but I also own quite some .net/.org domains.

I took over a portfolio of .nu domains a while ago as I needed one of the included ones for a client. They sell just fine but the target audience for this is more limited to Sweden/Holland/Germany.

•••
.com
.org
.life
.io
.xyz
.company
.co.in

Last edited:
•••
Eight domain extension we know like
.com
.org
.gov
.edu
.net
.tv
.omg
.biz

•••
I have com net org info co me ws de live online

•••
•••
.com I register most, sometimes .net and .io, GLTA

•••
com - 225
net - 2
org - 2

•••
com
cc
gg
in
io
tv
vc
xyz

Experiments on different TLDs, marketplaces, pricing, selling methods. Jonesing for my first .ai but not doing it until I sell more names.

•••
com
ly
ai
io
And one of each of the followed extensions
de
co.uk
vc
nz

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back