IT.COM

How Many Domain Extensions Do You Own?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
Depending on the domain investment strategy, some investors are firm in investing in one particular extension, while other domain investors choose to spread their investments over many different extensions.

I thought it might be interesting to see how other investors spread their investments. For me, I have domains in 24 different extensions. 50% of what I own is .com and the other 50% is spread across mostly ccTLD's.

I really hope to see what other domain investors are doing. Is it just one extension, or many?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
.com
.net
.org
.biz
.info
.co
.me

•••
hardly 4 extensions. I'm trying to stick with .com extension mostly :xf.smile:

•••
•••
640 .com
199 .net
201 .org
250+ .info
65+ .co
65+ .club
1 .in (for the sake of patriotism)

•••
Eight years ago I had more .Net than any other extension but I found it difficult to sell .Net domains. About five years ago I had more .TV than any other extension but selling .TV is also not easy and the higher renewal costs wipe out the revenue from the occasional sale. So I have dropped about 90 percent of my .Net and about two thirds of my .TV domains. .COM is the only TLD that receives regular inquiries. I will probably continue to trim the .Net and .TV holdings but am now around

70 percent .COM
20 percent .TV
8 percent .Net
2 percent other

•••
•••
I think I have 1 .io, 3 .net, some .org, and the rest are .com (not counting what I am currently selling in bulk or dropping.)

•••
com- most of my names

net- 1

org- 3

la- 2

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
54% .com (1% .net and .org)
45% .in and .co.in

•••
•••
•••
•••
Jurgen, is it a secret how do sales compare to above percentages? I.e. whether you also sell ~55% .pro, or is it a future investment?

•••
I work with .PRO since 2010...
Regarding this year - 36 .PRO inbound inquiries as of today... up to $5K per domain... 1 of them I sold for $2K...

p.s. I don't sell my domains cheap.

Last edited:
•••
36 inbound as in from domain name lander or whois, or inbound as in "make offer" at a marketplace like Afternic/Sedo/Uni/Undeveloped? Or both?

Cooool. :panda:

•••
I don't use any marketplaces...
Almost all inquiries via Bodis and ParkingCrew... a few - via WHOIS...

•••
I don't use any marketplaces...
Almost all inquiries via Bodis and ParkingCrew... a few - via WHOIS...

How do people come? Just types in domain name to a browser and gets landing page with make offer?

•••
How do people come? Just types in domain name to a browser and gets landing page with make offer?
Yes.
Sometimes - via backlinks (if they exist and the domain was dropped).

•••
Interesting. .pro may seem like forgotten extension but it works for you. I imagine people typing random keyword with the most popular extensions like .com, .net, .org and then approaching. Why did you choose to rely on .pro and not other extension?

Last edited:
•••
Mostly .com

Also have several:
.co
.tv
.net
.io
.global
.house
.one
.info

•••
Interesting. .pro may seem like forgotten extension but it works for you. I imagine people typing random keyword with the most popular extensions like .com, .net, .org and then approaching. Why did you choose to rely on .pro?
.PRO already surpassed .com in Russia as 2nd-choice TLD... especially in Moscow...
It is also popular in France...
And up to 40% of my inquiries are coming from the USA...

•••
+ I have noticed the significant spike of Chinese traffic on my Non-Chinese .PROs since September...

•••
I would guess I have about 100. At least 75.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back