IT.COM

How low will 4 Letter CHIPS fall?

NameSilo
Watch

How low will 4 letter CHIP prices fall?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • under $750

votes
    54.5%
  • under $1000

votes
    22.7%
  • under $1200

votes
    22.7%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Hi

I pretty good predicted that they will fall in next 3 months. If someone remembers my posts from 2015 end or so.

I already see some regret from guys for not letting them go at the peak for $2000+

I still say, prices above $1000 dosen`t make sense to own them, at least not for waiting for end-users. There are just not that many sales. + they donΒ΄t make money parking.

I predict $900 price range. Maybe a little less. We are talking about random ones.

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Definitely below $1,000 for CHIPs, and below $200 for LLLL in general. I'm seeing a small number of buyers trying to keep the floor up at the moment. It's just a question of how long they will fight it.

•••
Maybe under $1000 based on current trends.

•••
"I pretty good predicted..."
Sounds like a thinly disguised (and expected) "I told you so".

Better be careful what you hope for. No Chinese, no domain market for the foreseeable future.
Then crash junkies will only have the "new gtld dead horse" to shoot down.

•••
"I pretty good predicted..."
Sounds like a thinly disguised (and expected) "I told you so".

yes it is one of those. But I remember the idiots who said, CHips will be worth $5000 in few months. So I think i have earned the right to have some fun. But thanks for looking

•••
Lol.....I will steer clear of making any predictions. All I know is that the crazy world of domaining is much like the stock market. Nobody really knows whats going to happen,,,,,

•••
Lol.....I will steer clear of making any predictions. All I know is that the crazy world of domaining is much like the stock market. Nobody really knows whats going to happen,,,,,

There are you wrong! I knew what was going to happen, I posted it many times and times, but noone listened.

•••
•••
How did you know?

I looked at my special crystal ball. It showed me.
It had nothing to do with common sence or my experience as long time domainer.

•••
•••
He didn't know. He simply had a 50/50 chance at being right.
Come on, it had to be higher then that. I didnΒ΄t know that Chinese can bump the prices up to $2500, I give you that, I maybe predicted $1500 or less. But that its going to crash, that I knew.

•••
I think it was pretty safe to say prices were going down after the plateau in Nov/2015. After they were being bought for $1000 (JUN/AUG if I can remember correctly) it just became risky. Some are more comfortable financially taking that risk, but I would rather buy a meaningful 4L for $1000+ than one based on the pinyin criteria.

In late November confidence had faltered; and the 4L.com began behaving like any inflated commodity.

Yes big sales will be made, but I don't expect to see a large lift in 4L.com floors for a few years.

People talk 'emerging markets', but China was an entirely different beast fraught with monetary regulatory woes that turned the 4L.com into a digital currency.

The next emerging markets will want keywords, their own ccTLD's, and short meaningful domains... you know... like the rest of the world wants.

People always reference this 'crystal ball' like it's unfathomable to make reasonable projections based on market trends and past behaviors. I'm not making a jab at anyone here who used the phrase, but in general to just disregard a POV just because it's not their own perspective is foolish at best.

So in the end, my best educated guess based on past human behaviors of undervalued/inflated commodities; I think all 4L.com will level off somewhere in the $500-$700 range for all 4L.coms that rely on a 'floor price'. There is no way to really pinpoint when that will happen, but I think it's entirely plausible that this will happen around Oct/Nov of this year.

Let's all keep in mind that many new domainers buying at the peak, and following pattern domaining, have lost a lot of money; so there are real people at the end of these numbers. It is however pleasant to see that the gusto of some have been silenced...

I can't say I'm nostalgic about an avalanche of 'buyout countdowns' being posted.

•••

only trolls own crystal balls. all know this.
it is time to close shop now.

•••
I project $1000 to $1200 floor for 4L chips in coming months.

•••

Now what's your crystal ball is saying about the market trend? When will it go up?

•••
$237.839402 USD

by year's end

•••
•••
Guys, prices are falling, all the hypers are gone. Guys talk about the $5000 price mark.

•••
But a couple months people were telling us any LLLL.com would be going for a minimum of $2,000 by the end of the year...

•••
I mean I can maybe get that, if some guys really wanted to bump the prices. Its business, I mean I can get that. But if someone really belived the $5000 price mark, thats just sad.

•••
1200 is reasonable for western + chips
Names that are non western will continue to fall to somewhere around 400 I believe! I would as a domainer always buy a western + chip for 1000 when I have the cash!

•••
1200 is reasonable for western + chips
Names that are non western will continue to fall to somewhere around 400 I believe! I would as a domainer always buy a western + chip for 1000 when I have the cash!

•••
But if someone really belived the $5000 price mark, thats just sad.

Maybe they though inflation was going to be really high / bad? :)

•••
•••
Not trying to be a dick, just the truth: Amateurs predict, pros react.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back