Dynadot

question HOW LONG ONE SHOULD KEEP A BRANDABLE NAME?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Haroon Basha

Service.xyzTop Member
Impact
This is with regard to Brandable names that we have been keeping at Brandbucket, Brandpa, SquadHelp etc. It is really not worth to keep hundreds of names, paying them renewal fees year after year, but you actually sell one or two names per year at these Brandable marketplaces. In fact we are losing by keeping our brandable names.

I decided to put them on Sale at NameJet Auctions. The tragedy is that there also very low response to these brandable names. I am surprised how these Brandable Marketplaces accept our names and giving us a false hope that the names will be sold.

Please share your views and let us debate.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
1 - 2 years for the hand reg.
Until sold for the aged.

Last edited:
•••
Don’t buy names you don’t intend to keep at least a couple of years. You should expect a wait and continue to renew the names you most believe in.
that summarize all the good answers. i think!!

•••
we all feel it when we didn'tr e-register that one..

(into traffic names, was broke, let go of http://wwwfb.me :)

- take 4 deep breathing in a row

•••
Minimum 5 years in my situation. Not in a hurry! ;) GLTA

p.u.b.l.i.c.h.a.r.g.e (dot) c.o.m

Last edited:
•••
To offer my input on this, seems obvious, but helps having good instinct as to what you know is an easy sale, and what needs the right buyer. Holding names that need the right buyer, in reality is time consuming. I have been a victim of this. In cases of "junk" you've held for a good period of time, that doesn't sell, as a holder, consider selling it below your expectations, enough to cover the renewal payments (or a touch more) and accept it isn't the right time, and move on. Not being disheartened and doing the deal is a mental win in itself, as a domain seller, even if the price isn't always right

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back