Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 1, 2026.

question How Long Is Authorization Code Good For?

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

CJ6

My favorite movies are too offensive now. Whimps.Top Member
Impact
3,291
I was curious... How long is a transfer authorization code good for? Or, does it change depending on the Registry?
Thanks
 
2
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Good question.
 
0
•••
It's up to each registrar. Some regularly change them, some rarely change them and I believe there are even a few registrars where you can set your own auth code.
 
1
•••
I cannot speak for other Registrars, but at Dynadot, the code remains valid unless you exercise the option to generate a new one.
 
1
•••
CatchedCatched

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back