IT.COM

advice How long do you take to respond to an end-user initial offer?

NameSilo
Watch

Domain Monk

Mindful DomainingTop Member
Impact
Responding immediately may look desperate, how long do you wait to respond to an end user offer?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I have had good success in responding quickly - If they are serious, they usually want to close a deal quickly

•••
Within 24 hours.
I agree. For me, most of my offers come in when I am sleeping. From then till whenever in the day I finally come online (I am not a huge fan of being online 24/7), that might span at least 12 hours.

•••
I have had good success in responding quickly - If they are serious, they usually want to close a deal quickly

If I am online when an offer comes in, I do some rudimentary checks (if possible) on the buyer and send in my reply. The whole hard-to-get play just throws me off. A serious buyer will still go ahead with a purchase whether you replied 30 mins later or a day later.

•••
I usually take a day or two if I consider it a serious offer. I learnt to take some time to review the current standing of any applicable or relevant markets.

Too many times in the past I've found obvious reasons why a particular interest has been sparked that wasn't obvious for domains listed for sale(offer) for a period of over say 3+ years

Last edited:
•••
•••
An interesting and important question. I agree a quick response might be interpreted as desperate to some, but to others it is simply the professional thing to do. Let's say there is a home listed but without a price. I contact the real estate agent to get a price, and he phones back with the information within the hour. Do I view that as desperate? Not me. Or I am interested in an automobile, but not the asking price. I submit an offer. While we all know that games are sometimes played, I would not view a quick response as desperate.

I guess my simple answer would be to view it from the perspective of expectations from other things a business might be buying that are in the same price class.

One danger of much delay, is that clearly the person who has made the offer has enthusiasm now for the name, which might wane if in waiting and continuing to browse the potential client finds other possibilities.

Bob

•••
as soon as I see offer.
which in most cases means I reply faster than buyer will reply to me after.
so we all wait anyway.
i doubt buyers check timestamps.
so imo replying faster is better than replying later.
the more you wait the more chance buyer gets another domain or tld.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back