Dynadot

sales How long do you hold on a brandable .com before letting it expire?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

postscripter

Top Member
Impact
For .com brandable domains that you handregged or acquired for less than $30, how many years do you wait until you let them expire if you have not received any offers?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
would appreciate to have some answers on this.

•••
Upvote 0
The question is very vague, that's why you don't get answers. Holding time for ''brandable'' depends on many different factors - how many of them you have in your portfolio, how you sell them (yourself or platforms) and also, your own opinion may change during the time (or may not). Today you see it as brandable and tomorrow - as a weird random made-up combination. Or could be the other way around.

I have around 50 brandables and I hold on to all of them for a few years now. Obviously it will be different for someone who believes he is holding 500 brandables, he'll sure be getting rid of some of them every year.

It's a tough market generally, but it's good to have them in your portfolio, imo.

•••
Upvote 0
The question is very vague, that's why you don't get answers. Holding time for ''brandable'' depends on many different factors - how many of them you have in your portfolio, how you sell them (yourself or platforms) and also, your own opinion may change during the time (or may not). Today you see it as brandable and tomorrow - as a weird random made-up combination. Or could be the other way around.

I have around 50 brandables and I hold on to all of them for a few years now. Obviously it will be different for someone who believes he is holding 500 brandables, he'll sure be getting rid of some of them every year.

It's a tough market generally, but it's good to have them in your portfolio, imo.
I see. good points.
Do you mind me asking for an example, if you have a brandable that you think sounds good and is on a standard lising on SH, and you received no offer for it since you registered it 3 years ago, how likely you are to renew it?

•••
Upvote 0
I see. good points.
Do you mind me asking for an example, if you have a brandable that you think sounds good and is on a standard lising on SH, and you received no offer for it since you registered it 3 years ago, how likely you are to renew it?
Me personally - if I like it and believe in this word - I'll renew 100%.

•••
Upvote 0
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back