IT.COM

How in the Earth Anyone Make $1000

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I mean

2 cents per click at SEDO. Must have a lot of traffic. However, the only way search engine will index a site is if we ping a pingomatic, or get many links point to our site or stuff like that....

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Ummm not exactly.

Bulk domains, high paying keywords, etc etc. $1000 on one name is good.

But imagine havine 20,000 names getting one click a day and you can see how $1000 a month is easily attainable.

•••
Devil_Dog said:
Ummm not exactly.

Bulk domains, high paying keywords, etc etc. $1000 on one name is good.

But imagine havine 20,000 names getting one click a day and you can see how $1000 a month is easily attainable.

How is this profitable tho? :-/ I wouldn't want to pay the renew fees on 20,000 domains getting one click a day. :|

•••
keep in mind that 20.000 domains have bulk renewal prices

•••
some ideas on how to make $1K:

- acquire names in much higher PPC categories e.g. insurance
- acquire names which don't need search engines to index them, because people type them in
- don't park your names at a low paying parking company like SEDO

•••
Hello -NC-..

so what is the best high paying parking company?
care to share? :)

•••
ITsurfers said:
Hello -NC-..

Nothing beats parked.com as far as I have tested my domains with 5 companies. I have yet to taste fabulous but I am very happy with parked.com for their far higher RPC and pay for multiple clicks....

Not to mention Donny personally comes in to answer stuff and payout each 15 days...

•••
ITsurfers said:
Hello -NC-..

well, IMHO that really depends on your portfolio.

my adult names are doing very well at parking panel.

for my other names, i've heard good things about active audience, but most of my domains aren't doing very well there, though the ones which are doing well are doing much better than sedo.

moved the ones which were not performing to parked, and they are doing slightly better.

basically, apply to all the parking companies you can and try out all your names at them to see which one works best for each name.
( sorry yes, there is actually some work required! )

•••
I moved several domains to SEDO recently and my visit number went up, but clicking rate down :(
So I have now a few getting about 10 uniques a day, but no clicks, and the few clicks cost 0.02-0.05, on keywords like stock exchange and credit cards, I think it's not normal?

Guess I will change parking program again very soon...

•••
ITsurfers said:

Gambling names with Fabulous are the best. They require 50 names to be considered for the program.

•••
I was averaging .03 CPC as a member of Sedo. Since I have joined Sedo Pro, i am making .22 CPC and 20% bonus. So..... if you have over 200 names I suggest you apply for sedo pro. If you need a code I can send you one. Overall though, Parked.com is my best performer. I think I am averaging about the same CPC with them but my CTR is much higher. However, I did have about 300 names that are doing better at SEDO than they were at parked. Like someone mentioned above, you gotta try all of em out. I have pretty much tried every parking company, except for fabulous, but I will be trying them soon. I got accepted about a month ago but just haven't gotten around to putting together the domains I want to try out there. :hehe:

•••
First off, I don't have very good domains, ok? But I was at Sedo and got almost nothing. Then I tried Imonetize and started making a little. Then I was able to get an account at TrafficZ and they are REALLY good, at least for my domains. It's one of the places where you can really customize your pages. Then I tried Bodis with some of my domains that weren't doing so well and some new ones that I bought. I had a few domains there that did quite well since they also have some nice pages you can customize, but then they closed my account without warning, so I can't recommend them. My friend that has 8,000 domains and once had a click for $28 says to just move them around until they at least pay for themselves or just get rid of them.

Try to find a parking service that will let you do some (non-spam) promotion of the domain. Some will let you do that, but you have to talk to them and make sure or they will close your account.

•••
Hi, anyone has any opinion about DomainSponsor?

•••
DADomains said:
How is this profitable tho? :-/ I wouldn't want to pay the renew fees on 20,000 domains getting one click a day. :|

If you have 20,000 domains, and if even 5000 of them are decent generics, you can hope to sell a lot of them too to cover the renewal fees.

•••
MissFlora said:
Hi, anyone has any opinion about DomainSponsor?

I use DomainSponsor for special cases that don't work at Fab. Sometimes Fab exhibits obsessive compulsive disorder when it comes to categorization, and some things just don't work for whatever reason. For example I have one domain that gets 50-100 uniques/day and basically no clicks. I have tried every SEO trick in the book, and the traffic stays at that level with no clicks, and will be headed to DS soon. For all my "problem domains" like this I flip them over to DS to handle. DS has a nice search box that lets people type what they want into the box and get a page of links. For the most part though I like Fab. I have never tried Parked, but perhaps I should since everybody raves about it.

Marc

•••
How to get accepted by a good parking company ? I was rejected by active audience and fabulous .

•••
SEO Tricks?

npcomplete said:
I have tried every SEO trick in the book, and the traffic stays at that level with no clicks, and will be headed to DS soon. For all my "problem domains" like this I flip them over to DS to handle. DS has a nice search box that lets people type what they want into the box and get a page of links. For the most part though I like Fab. I have never tried Parked, but perhaps I should since everybody raves about it.

Marc

So you use SEO trick in the book. the thing is there isn't much we can do. The domain company pretty much decide the content. Then we can't do linkspam, blogspot spam, ping spam (or is that okay?)

So what can we do?

•••
It depends on the parking service you use. Some allow more than others, but in generaly if what you are thinking of has the word "spam" connected with it, they aren't going to like it. But you should check with them.

What we do is have a lot of blogs and post things to the blogs. In the blogs, we try to find places to put links to our parked domains. So if the post has the word "banking" I might link to a mortgage or credit card domain. If I see "finance" I might link to a my equipment finance domain. My parking service doesn't mind this, because there is nothing special that tells people to click, it's not spam, and when they reach the parked domain it's something that is like what they expect. This is really no different than expired domain traffic, so most services should be ok with it if you ask them. You could also NOT ask them and hope that they just think it's expired traffic, but if they really check they should be able to tell.

The best thing to do is ask them first before you do anything that you are not sure about. They will appreciate that you ask and not just try things first. Remember that the parking services don't just provide us with income, they provide the advertisers with new customers and they need to provide the best traffic they can in order to keep paying us for that traffic. Treat your vendor like your customer and you should do well if they are not jerks...! :)

•••
nielsencl said:
It depends on the parking service you use. Some allow more than others, but in generaly if what you are thinking of has the word "spam" connected with it, they aren't going to like it. But you should check with them.

What we do is have a lot of blogs and post things to the blogs. In the blogs, we try to find places to put links to our parked domains. So if the post has the word "banking" I might link to a mortgage or credit card domain. If I see "finance" I might link to a my equipment finance domain. My parking service doesn't mind this, because there is nothing special that tells people to click, it's not spam, and when they reach the parked domain it's something that is like what they expect. This is really no different than expired domain traffic, so most services should be ok with it if you ask them. You could also NOT ask them and hope that they just think it's expired traffic, but if they really check they should be able to tell.

The best thing to do is ask them first before you do anything that you are not sure about. They will appreciate that you ask and not just try things first. Remember that the parking services don't just provide us with income, they provide the advertisers with new customers and they need to provide the best traffic they can in order to keep paying us for that traffic. Treat your vendor like your customer and you should do well if they are not jerks...! :)

that`s a very good advice, deserved my rep :)

•••
sedo's RPC on my domains are similar to what people here mentioned, and to me, its disgusting. I have domains on sedo getting 20 clicks a month, but at .05c /click, there is little reward for good names. Sedo has gone from grace to grass.

•••
I made my first thousand last month. $1032.27. My wife was shocked. How? A combination of whypark, wordtracker research, some domains at parked.com and putting seo into practice (still learning seo...seams like it changes weekly).

Things look even better this month :)

•••
DADomains said:

what if that 1 click per day was worth $4? 2 days and renewal fee+ is covered

•••
Sure that would be great. The problem is 1) how to have a domain/parking page that attracts ads that pay that much, and 2) how to get the traffic and the clicks.

The first is easier than the second one. I get research high-paying keywords and find domains that use them, but the parking services have some strict rules about where the traffic comes from and how it's generated.

My advice is to start working with this but start slowly before you invest too much in domains or in the time needed to work on them. See if you can get parked domains to earn at least $0.50 to $1.00 a MONTH, then buy more. What I'm saying is try to get some that at least pay for the registration fees before you put a lot of money into them. I have about 300 domains and most of the first 100-150 I bought make almost nothing. Now that I know more, I have domains that help support the others that I will be selling off when I get a chance (forget you saw this when you see my sale posted...) :)

By the way, if you have domains parked at Parked.com and have a page full of links that point to your domains, my understanding is that it's against their rules to do that. If I'm wrong please let me know...

Last edited:
•••
kemjika11 said:
sedo's RPC on my domains are similar to what people here mentioned, and to me, its disgusting. I have domains on sedo getting 20 clicks a month, but at .05c /click, there is little reward for good names. Sedo has gone from grace to grass.

well...move them somewhere else?

•••
mrizos said:
I made my first thousand last month. $1032.27. My wife was shocked. How? A combination of whypark, wordtracker research, some domains at parked.com and putting seo into practice (still learning seo...seams like it changes weekly).

Things look even better this month :)

Congratulations! That's awesome for natural traffic. Are you using why parks or your own unique content?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back