IT.COM

.tv How has .TV been for you in 2021?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I am curious to see how everyone is doing in .TV this year from a sales and inquiry status? Do you feel there has been an uptick versus 2020? Are you seeing more end users using .TV?

Are there names you are considering dropping? If so, can the community here help?

Love to hear your thoughts.

A

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This far in 2021...

Three .TV offers totaling about 3k euros well below desired sales price = no sales thus far

1 keywordTV.com sale this week mid $xxx

Last year I had three .TV sales totaling high $xXxX but two of them appear to have been mere brand protection acquisitions.

Seven years ago I probably held close to 500 .TV domains. While I still believe they sound nice, and users have so many reg fee / social media options available now that imo selling domains at premium prices is not a prudent use of time or resourxes. If I had been buying bitcoin in even 2012 with all the money I wasted on .TV renewals things would be very different. The comparison of crypto to domains is embarrassing - like the USA dream team with Michael Jordan ~25 years ago playing against some middle school bball team.

•••
I had only one offer and buyer was adamant on $500 so I didn't sell thinking it would sell on it's own. Even my Uni broker told me it was his advise not to take it and that he can sell it for more.

But I have less than 20 names so I will be happy if I make 1 sale this year. Most are good names.

With lots of streaming and thousands of video based influencers coming up everyday, .tv I think has the best appeal in 2021.. One can still host on youtube/instagram/Tiktok and still upload the link and/or self hosted version of the video in case they deplatform and have their own site.

•••
I got my three .tv domains this year, thinking they had good synergy with the TLD, and would play well with online channels and streaming as well as TV, movie or video production. So far no sales. Even outbounded one of them but only got one kind response from someone who had retired and was considering selling the domain that he’d used for his business. Hope springs eternal. I may or may not renew when the time comes.

•••
I'm down to a dozen or so, no bites just yet in 2021. I took a chance with a low reserve and put Satellite.tv up at the rotd auction. It got to within 250 of the reserve and then stopped. I actually breathed a sigh of relief, did not want it to go that low. Currently, I have developed out BBQ.tv pretty well, just need to add some commissionable links. I will probably work on developing the others that I own out rather than pushing sales this year.

•••
I'm down to a dozen or so, no bites just yet in 2021. I took a chance with a low reserve and put Satellite.tv up at the rotd auction. It got to within 250 of the reserve and then stopped. I actually breathed a sigh of relief, did not want it to go that low. Currently, I have developed out BBQ.tv pretty well, just need to add some commissionable links. I will probably work on developing the others that I own out rather than pushing sales this year.

Satellite is nice! One word, perfect synergy with tv. Amazing. Seeing you have bbq /tv developed, let me know if you’re interested in some more .tvs that could be developed.

•••
about a month ago i picked up 2 on a promo. have them on uni landers. just a few lookers, no nibbles.

•••
I’ve got 15 or so I’m holding on to - Photography, Edit, Screen, Subscribe, Dare, not shabby names and some bought at good premiums and I’m getting no inquiries.

I did sell Olive for 15k a few weeks ago to the company that also recently bought the .com. Almost forgot to renew it too. I guess you never really know.

•••
I’ve got 15 or so I’m holding on to - Photography, Edit, Screen, Subscribe, Dare, not shabby names and some bought at good premiums and I’m getting no inquiries.

I did sell Olive for 15k a few weeks ago to the company that also recently bought the .com. Almost forgot to renew it too. I guess you never really know.

Congrats! Will you be reporting Olive.tv to DN Journal? It's a great sale to get recorded.

A

•••
Personally, so far, 2021 has been a great year for my .tv portfolio. Something I genuinely didn't expect, but something I would happily enjoy continuing.

I think people obviously used lockdown to work out what they wanted to really do in life. Seems many online dreams were begun, and with them came the need for the best name possible for those wanting to have a televisual presence.

Hence the increase in interest for an extension that seems, thankfully, far more loved by endusers than domainers.

I'm also aware that one particular deep pocketed corporate buyer has also swished their magic wand on a few .tv name owners. Congrats if you were among their number.

.TV is not for the masses. It is a hard extension to understand, more costly than other extensions, and has many unique, and occasionally troublesome, peculiarities.

If you've not seen any sales in 2021 I would suggest you take a long hard look at your portfolio. If any of your names were going to sell, this year would be the year when at least one would have made you some money.

Good luck to you all for the remainder of the year.

•••
I'm also aware that one particular deep pocketed corporate buyer has also swished their magic wand on a few .tv name owners. Congrats if you were among their number.

QUOTE]

I have sold one to them for very nice 4 figure profit thanks to one NP member:) If we're thinking about the same buyer - do you know if they stopped acquiring sometimes in march/April or they're still buying?

Last edited:
•••
Back