Dynadot

How good is Estibot?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

xlord

Established Member
Impact
Hi guys, i found a domain prized at $4k on estibot. The domain is . net with 5 characters and is available.
Im not sure do i buy this... image:
i64.tinypic.com/x10d4w. jpg

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Estibot is 100% worthless.

Godaddy appraisal is much better and more advanced but even that is a stab in the dark. Never rely on bots for appraisals.

•••
godaddy value: $1k.. All domain on godaddy i check is valued at $1-$1.7k

•••
By purchasing the domain, you will only increase the value of .com which seems to be for sale on Afternic. Yeah don't rely on bots. It's showing 4k, because .com is taken and has some searches.

•••
Generally speaking, domains valued at $1k-$2k at godaddy have little or no value.

When they start hitting around $4k valuation, they will most likely have value whereas estibot is all over the place.

Domains valued at $8k or more at godaddy almost certainly have value but you should never look at the exact numbers it gives.

•••
I wrote this not too long ago ... but definitely try doing a forum search for "automated appraisal"(s) or "Estibot", as this topic has been discussed in full many dozens of times, and you should find tons more information there.

-----

"Like most domainers, I'll say you really should never rely on ANY automated appraisal for the estimated number it gives you for any ONE domain.

That being said .. if you are playing the numbers/volume game, then they certainly are helpful in multiple ways (yes even the estimated value it spits out .. particularly when compared to others).

I personally use Estibot (Link in my signature) .. not just for the reason above .. but also because of the other metrics and data it spits out when you submit a batch of domains. If you go to my daily lists here at NamePros (also in my signature .. lol) you can directly get to the Estibot result page by clicking on the green $E next to most domains I've listed.

But at the end of the day I can not stress enough that nobody should ever rely on an automated valuation tool for 90%+ of individual domains."

•••
Terrible.
So bad.
But still, Very useful, I've used it hundreds of times. Plan on using it again.

•••
Stay away from any automated appraisal tools, they are worth nothing

•••
Terrible.
So bad.
But still, Very useful, I've used it hundreds of times. Plan on using it again.

As a domainer I could care less what Estibot says. I will set my selling priced based on the quality of the domain and who I am targeting with it.

The only reason I would ever use an appraisal tool is if I were dealing with a noob and the appraisal tool gave me a higher price than what I had in mind.

Then I could say to the noob.... see look at the shiny appraisal. :xf.laugh:

Reality though.... I've had domains were Estibot said 100 bucks that I've sold for 5k.

I'm currently in the process of negotiating a purchase for under 25k where the estimate on Estibot is almost 600k. The domain has never been sold and the owner can hold forever or accept my offer. Odds are the domain is mine if I offer the full 25k. In fact I'm trying for less, the owner has already said I could get it for the 25k, so really the estibot value is totally meaningless.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back