IT.COM

information How domaining changed my life

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

BuyBrandWeb.com

Praveen ChidaboyinaTop Member
Impact
Did you worry about entering domaining lately or blamed early investors who entered in 1990's or 2000's?
Did you blame marketplaces? Opportunities are everywhere and you need to identify and grab it asap. Read my story here!

I've completed $100k USD+ domain sales in last 10 months and most of them were quick flips and nice ROI. I have now a start-up company(I can work from anywhere and flexi-timings) and providing an employment to two other resources.

I have started domaining in 2014 and I've seen losses in the first one year. I've hand-registered a bunch of domains and trying to sell but no luck (lost around $500 USD). I didn't have an investment to purchase quality domains so focused on dropped domains / Godaddy closeouts. I used to do a full-time job as a software engineer where I need to work more than 10 hours a day + 2 hours for traveling to the office. I spent daily 2 to 3 hours to learn domaining and acquiring domains on initial days. Then slowly started selling domains for low xxxx to mid xxxx. I was in profit by the end of 2015 then started to build a nice portfolio and I have good selling rate in 2016 and 2017!
I spent at least one hour daily to read domaining news feed and analyzing domain sales and marketplaces. I did the same for the last 4 years!

I have changed my strategy in mid-2017 since I have enough budget and started purchasing expired domains

Purchased Renew.al on namepros for $40 USD then sold it for $305 USD and purchased Confirm.co for $284 USD and sold it for $1051 USD within 45 days... It goes on. Below were few sales (quick flips)

upload_2018-7-18_0-42-28.png

I have listed a few sales only and sold many domains. I have sold InstantBitcoins.com for $3850 USD when crypto hits an all-time high. You need to take the right decisions and move on. I have purchased many domains on Namepros and sold it for nice ROI. I have sold Shooting.net for $6000 USD and acquired it on Namepros for $800 USD last month. I was negotiating with the seller for almost three months to get him to agree $800 USD!

Many people blamed Flippa for shill bidding and other things. I didn't have a good network before but I see an opportunity there and I built my network and sold the domains. I have listed "Call To Action" domains on Flippa and outbound to end users (my most of the Flippa sales went to end users like vrio, dispatchsoftware.com, vapingsupplies.com, riversiderealty.com, redbrain.com...)

Am I doing quick flips? The answer is no, I'm building a nice portfolio like Singl.es (rejected $10k offer), Confirmation.org (Rejected $2k offer), PrimeXchange.com, TechnoGate.com, AbApartments.com, VSSD.com, EliteBenefits.com, HeritageAdvisors.com, VgNL.com, TechM.com, ....

I have resigned to my daytime job four months ago and I'm now full-time domainer and doing with good with domains!
I didn't depend on domain sales completely and started developing websites. I have solid sales for last 10 months (invested 10% of domain sales profits on Crypto and another 15% on Stock market and mutual funds),.. spent 40% of domain sales on re-investing on domains.

Domain investing is changing from time to time and need to adapt to it. I'm doing a lot of experiments with domains and still learning new things!

Most of the domains are hosted with efty.com and sold several domains privately. @Doron Vermaat Thank you for such a wonderful platform!

I have used Uniregistry brokerage service as well and they sold 2 domains in last 7 months. @Domain Shane - Thank you for your suggestion to use it.
I love to read DSAD's daily list and Shane's intro(it motivated me many times) and had success with it. I purchased Leaking.com, HeatingSupplies.com and few other domains after seeing it on DSAD's daily list and sold Leaking.com for $7,827 USD with 43 days!
I'm a big fan of Shane and he is my Guru! Thank you, Shane, for your help and suggestions!

I have experimented with Fasthosts promo and sold two domains ($1100 USD profit). And listed 10% of my domains on Undeveloped recently and sold 1 domain so far.

It's now time to mention thanks to industry pros (@James Iles, @Ali, @Acroplex, @equity78, @AbdulBasit.com, @Michael, @Michael Cyger, Francois Carrillo (@DomainingCom), ...)who helped me to gain good knowledge.

I love to read DomainInvesting.com, TheDomains.com, DomainNameWire.com, DotWeekly.com, Namebio.com's sales, DomainGang.com, OnlineDomain.com, Dnjournal.com and few other blogs.

Thank you @Eric Lyon and namepros.com team for providing free resources to learn domaining.

Thank you, everyone, who helped me to improve my domaining skills.

I believe, domaining is a systematic investment and changes from time to time. You need to adapt it and it requires a lot of patience. Opportunites are everywhere and you need to have some liquidity purchase the new domains( Don't burn all your cash on a single domain). If you want to be an overnight millionaire or billionaire then domaining may not suit for you!

I hope my store motivates you and as always you're welcome to share your stories!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Congratulations. Always nice to see a person give out guide to others to follow on their success part. Greater years are ahead for you.
Thanks for sharing

•••
•••
Nice, Praveen.

One thing that jumped out to me is that your average sale price is less than 10X what you paid. This would mean you have a far above average sell-through rate, which I guess you achieve by doing outbound and getting end-user type prices at auction? You must be selling 20% of your names a year.

•••
Very very good! It's a wonderful world and a wonderful thing we have been gifted .. domaining, in the right time.

Great writers from the past never had the opportunity to earn a living with words, and really struggled, even though they had a great gift.

Sometimes we all forget that, so thanks for the post!

•••
Thanks for the post. Motivating for me.

•••
Did you worry about entering domaining lately or blamed early investors who entered in 1990's or 2000's?
Did you blame marketplaces? Opportunities are everywhere and you need to identify and grab it asap. Read my story here!

I've completed $100k USD+ domain sales in last 10 months and most of them were quick flips and nice ROI. I have now a start-up company(I can work from anywhere and flexi-timings) and providing an employment to two other resources.

I have started domaining in 2014 and I've seen losses in the first one year. I've hand-registered a bunch of domains and trying to sell but no luck (lost around $500 USD). I didn't have an investment to purchase quality domains so focused on dropped domains / Godaddy closeouts. I used to do a full-time job as a software engineer where I need to work more than 10 hours a day + 2 hours for traveling to the office. I spent daily 2 to 3 hours to learn domaining and acquiring domains on initial days. Then slowly started selling domains for low xxxx to mid xxxx. I was in profit by the end of 2015 then started to build a nice portfolio and I have good selling rate in 2016 and 2017!
I spent at least one hour daily to read domaining news feed and analyzing domain sales and marketplaces. I did the same for the last 4 years!

I have changed my strategy in mid-2017 since I have enough budget and started purchasing expired domains

Purchased Renew.al on namepros for $40 USD then sold it for $305 USD and purchased Confirm.co for $284 USD and sold it for $1051 USD within 45 days... It goes on. Below were few sales (quick flips)

Show attachment 93278

I have listed a few sales only and sold many domains. I have sold InstantBitcoins.com for $3850 USD when crypto hits an all-time high. You need to take the right decisions and move on. I have purchased many domains on Namepros and sold it for nice ROI. I have sold Shooting.net for $6000 USD and acquired it on Namepros for $800 USD last month. I was negotiating with the seller for almost three months to get him to agree $800 USD!

Many people blamed Flippa for shill bidding and other things. I didn't have a good network before but I see an opportunity there and I built my network and sold the domains. I have listed "Call To Action" domains on Flippa and outbound to end users (my most of the Flippa sales went to end users like vrio, dispatchsoftware.com, vapingsupplies.com, riversiderealty.com, redbrain.com...)

Am I doing quick flips? The answer is no, I'm building a nice portfolio like Singl.es (rejected $10k offer), Confirmation.org (Rejected $2k offer), PrimeXchange.com, TechnoGate.com, AbApartments.com, VSSD.com, EliteBenefits.com, HeritageAdvisors.com, VgNL.com, TechM.com, ....

I have resigned to my daytime job four months ago and I'm now full-time domainer and doing with good with domains!
I didn't depend on domain sales completely and started developing websites. I have solid sales for last 10 months (invested 10% of domain sales profits on Crypto and another 15% on Stock market and mutual funds),.. spent 40% of domain sales on re-investing on domains.

Domain investing is changing from time to time and need to adapt to it. I'm doing a lot of experiments with domains and still learning new things!

Most of the domains are hosted with efty.com and sold several domains privately. @Doron Vermaat Thank you for such a wonderful platform!

I have used Uniregistry brokerage service as well and they sold 2 domains in last 7 months. @Domain Shane - Thank you for your suggestion to use it.
I love to read DSAD's daily list and Shane's intro(it motivated me many times) and had success with it. I purchased Leaking.com, HeatingSupplies.com and few other domains after seeing it on DSAD's daily list and sold Leaking.com for $7,827 USD with 43 days!
I'm a big fan of Shane and he is my Guru! Thank you, Shane, for your help and suggestions!

I have experimented with Fasthosts promo and sold two domains ($1100 USD profit). And listed 10% of my domains on Undeveloped recently and sold 1 domain so far.

It's now time to mention thanks to industry pros (@James Iles, @Ali, @Acroplex, @equity78, @AbdulBasit.com, @Michael, @Michael Cyger @Francois Carrillo ..)who helped me to gain good knowledge.

I love to read DomainInvesting.com, TheDomains.com, DomainNameWire.com, DotWeekly.com, Namebio.com's sales, DomainGang.com, OnlineDomain.com, Dnjournal.com and few other blogs.

Thank you @Eric Lyon and namepros.com team for providing free resources to learn domaining.

Thank you, everyone, who helped me to improve my domaining skills.

I believe, domaining is a systematic investment and changes from time to time. You need to adapt it and it requires a lot of patience. Opportunites are everywhere and you need to have some liquidity purchase the new domains( Don't burn all your cash on a single domain). If you want to be an overnight millionaire or billionaire then domaining may not suit for you!

I hope my store motivates you and as always you're welcome to share your stories!

Thank you for sharing with us. It is motivating and you were generous enough to share the details.

Congrats and look forward to hearing more from you.

•••
what a coincidence!

I use Hunter.io and Clearbit for leads extraction so don't find any difficulties so far!

OK. I installed Clearbit on my gmail. I have a couple of problems which you might recognise.

1) My Thunderbird eMail client cannot connect any more to smtp.gmail.com (which is kinda essential)
2) I installed it on 1 gmail account. And every time I use a different gmail account it keeps on bugging me to install it on every gmail account.

Any ideas before I try removing it? using windows 10.

•••
Thank you for sharing.Its highly motivating for me. any tips for new domainers?

•••
Thank you for sharing.Its highly motivating for me. any tips for new domainers?
Read more threads here on Namepros

Other helpful sites

Domaining.com news feed
Namebio.com
DnJournal.com

The Domain Game from App store( It's free :) )

•••
OK. I installed Clearbit on my gmail. I have a couple of problems which you might recognise.

1) My Thunderbird eMail client cannot connect any more to smtp.gmail.com (which is kinda essential)
2) I installed it on 1 gmail account. And every time I use a different gmail account it keeps on bugging me to install it on every gmail account.

Any ideas before I try removing it? using windows 10.
I don't face an issue with Hunter since I open hunter in a web browser like below

upload_2018-7-31_18-16-51.png

I do have an issue with clearbit!

Attachments

• upload_2018-7-31_18-16-5.png
    upload_2018-7-31_18-16-5.png
    67.1 KB · Views: 57
•••
which I guess you achieve by doing outbound and getting end-user type prices at auction? You must be selling 20% of your names a year.
I'm very choosy while picking the domains so I have a good selling rate :)

Congrats on your success.
How did you find the right end user for your outbound sales...for instance vrio.Com is not a virtual reality company, and saw no relations on google. (I bid for this 1st time round, so was surprised to see it sell high only a couple months later)
For this domain name, I guess end user visited url then navigated to listing

•••
•••
Thanks for the story!

Flippa banned me for a week for that. How's that?

Hi friend, It should link only to other auction in your flippa account , not in other flippa accounts or other market place ...

•••
Thanks for the story!

Flippa banned me for a week for that. How's that?

I don't think so. They won't ban if you add links to your other listings.
There might be some other issue. You can contact Flippa here @FlippaDomains

•••
Hi friend, It should link only to other auction in your flippa account , not in other flippa accounts or other market place ...

I don't think so. They won't ban if you add links to your other listings.
There might be some other issue. You can contact Flippa here @FlippaDomains

Sure, these were links to my listings on Flippa. I always was under impression that it's allowed so i done that but they banned me:

Your account has been suspended temporarily due to potential site rule/guideline violations.
A short explanation for the suspension is outlined below:
Please contact us regarding your breaches of our site rules by using public comments on your listings to promote your other listings. "Check also my other listings: ***.com https://flippa.com/9*******

Apologies for derailing the thread, just wanted to clarify this point. But maybe @FlippaDomains could really shed a light.

•••
Sure, these were links to my listings on Flippa. I always was under impression that it's allowed so i done that but they banned me:

Apologies for derailing the thread, just wanted to clarify this point. But maybe @FlippaDomains could really shed a light.
I guess you've promoted your listings by posting on the comment section of others listings.

•••
I guess you've promoted your listings by posting on the comment section of others listings.
Comments, right. So in the listing body it's okay but not in comments?

•••
Comments, right. So in the listing body it's okay but not in comments?
Have you shared the comment in your listing or on others listing ???

Posting a comment about your domains in your listing is legal according to flippa , but if you post about your listing in other listing comment to promote your listing, then the person will report your comments and you will be suspended ...

Last edited:
•••
Have you shared the comment in your listing or on others listing ???

Posting a comment about your domains in your listing is legal according to flippa , but if you post about your listing in other listing comment to promote your listing, then the person will report your comments and you will be suspended ...
I posted cross links in my listings to other my listings.

•••
I posted cross links in my listings to other my listings.
Then you can ask a clear explaination to flippa support team and they will guide you

•••
Then you can ask a clear explaination to flippa support team and they will guide you
So i did. Here is their reply:

I understand how this can be confusing.

Unfortunately, we do not allow promoting of your other auction even on your own listings. We maintain that the listing description and the comments section should be used only for details that is related to the asset for sale.

Hope this clears things out for you. Let me know if you need anything else.

So i suppose, yourself and other guys are able to do this only until Flippa bust you, just as they busted me. :xf.cry:

•••
So i did. Here is their reply:

So i suppose, yourself and other guys are able to do this only until Flippa bust you, just as they busted me. :xf.cry:

Hi i think they have changed their terms & condition recently , i have promoted many of my auctions through comment before 5 months and i got no issues like this...

Anyway if they had suspended your account temporarily then you can ask to re-initiate the account by asking apologies as you were not aware of their terms and by saying them you will not repeat it again...

You can promote your other listing inside the content of your listings...

Last edited:
•••
•••
@golan please create a new thread for your concern. It's currently deviating and it's nowhere related to this thread.
Hope you understand!

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back