NameSilo

How do you promote your site(s)?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
All,
I am looking to see who you use or how you promote your site(s). Do you do a banner exchange,google adword.......
What would you recomend as a low end and biggest bang for the dollar?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
ive never paid for advertising on any of my sites, although saying that ive never had a huge site

usually go on forums for a while and put my link in the footer, so say i had a sports site go on sports forums but you have to go on for a few months and then pop back every so often as people generally are more likely to click your link if you have 50 posts as opposed to 2

•••
Create some good content for your site, update often, make people want to come back to your website thats often the best marketing.

Post at forums, have your URL in your sig, add your site to the big directories like Yahoo, find sites to exchange links with.

•••
Thank you. I have added the site to my sig. Does anyone do a banner exchange? Do they work?

Any other words of wisdom?
RickyG

•••
well, banner exchanges have never worked for me. You should just give something out for free and that will give you a lot of traffic

•••
Small private banner exchanges sometimes work or private web to web link exchanges. You can find a lot of offers in the NP$ forum and the sales forum to get some links to your site. Signatures in forums have helped a lot and if you can find something to give away for free, that usually gets people there. Make sure you are listed in Google, Yahoo, MSN as well...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back