IT.COM

How do you organize your GoDaddy account?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

A. Person

Established Member
Impact
I'm thinking of switching from GoDaddy (leaning Porkbun currently) but I want to take my time with it. In the meantime I'd like to see if I can reorganize my GoDaddy account to make it more manageable. I have about 700 domains. How do you do it? Contacts? Presets? Folders? CashParking?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Folders - one folder per Sales Channel (ex: Afternic, BrandBucket, Brandpa, etc)

The reason I segment by Sales Channel is to provide me a quick summary count of inventory per Sales Channel.

It also helps when wanting to do quick run down through a Folder to see if all my NameServers for that specific group are all pointing to the correct landing page setup (correct DNS)..

I also have a folder named "DROP TBD" and one named named "SALE TRANSFER".

When doing a transfer or internal push to a buyer, it's always good to move the item first to the "SALE TRANSFER" folder before sending them it off to the new owner. With a larger portfolio there are times when you have inventory with similarly spelled names. By moving it over to the "SALE TRANSFER" folder first, I find it gives me an extra x-check to make sure I am transferring the correct domain as it sits alone for review. Nothing more embarrassing than making a goof during the transfer stage and sending the wrong (similarly spelled) domain to a buyer. Ooops!

I hope the suggestions are helpful.

-Cougar

•••
I also organize domains by folder, via categories.

You can then use the bulk export tool to export the data and make sure all the information is correct.
You can also choose "folders" as an export option so you can quickly see what is in each folder.

Brad

•••
How do you determine categories? Keyword theme?

•••
How do you do it? Contacts? Presets? Folders? CashParking?
Nothing. I now have 800+ domains (after purging a bunch) accross 6 registrars and still don't see a need to do any organizing at the registrars.

I did create a simple spreadsheet that shows full domain name, TLD, registrar, expiration date, brandable yes/no, and short comment field. I can sort this as needed or add a field, but that's really all.

Last edited:
•••
I did create a simple spreadsheet that shows full domain name, TLD, registrar, expiration date, brandable yes/no, and short comment field. I can sort this as needed or add a field, but that's really all.

When you make a sale do you remove the domain or move it to a different place? Do you have a way of calculating running sales totals? I'm trying to figure out a way to track purchase price, sale price, etc.

•••
Export all the names from all registrars to s spreadsheet and you can add additional information and sort them any way you want to.

•••
When you make a sale do you remove the domain or move it to a different place? Do you have a way of calculating running sales totals? I'm trying to figure out a way to track purchase price, sale price, etc.
I just delete them from the listing sites. I dont care about sales-per-platform, I only care about sales.

My sales this year have all been $xxx so far, so I just keep a separate list of sales, unrelated to the big name list.

So if I make a $325 sale on a 4L .org (like I did on Tuesday), I just delete it from all the platforms and then flag my master name list in red as SOLD with the price and platform in comments. I then add it to my smaller SOLD list that has additional info.

Thats it.

•••
•••
I want organization for 2 reasons:

1. To make sure my auto-renews, forwarding, contacts, and nameservers are correct via Presets.
2. To allow me to sort by keyword theme or status via Folders.

BTW I've noticed most folks here have their domains at multiple registrars. Why is that?

•••
BTW I've noticed most folks here have their domains at multiple registrars. Why is that?
There are several possible reasons.

Just a few...
Bought a domain and it's on hold.
Sale pricing at one reg house or another.
Don't like to keep all your eggs in one basket.

I keep all mine at one registrar.
If I buy one and it has a hold from another place, I just wait and moved when the 60 days are up, (or it gets sold and I can push).

Peace,
Kenny

•••
@Kenny nicely listed the main reasons for using multiple registrars (for me it is mainly a question of cost, trust and integrated marketplace options). Another reason I have is if I plan to use Sedo/Afternic market for a particular domain it is nice to use one of the registrars that are fast transfer for both, but if it is not eligible anyway or I plan to develop or not list a BIN price that justification is not there. I also have found it an interesting learning activity to use multiple registrars (I now use 14! :xf.sick:), although it does add to the time.
-Bob

•••
I'm thinking of switching from GoDaddy (leaning Porkbun currently) but I want to take my time with it. In the meantime I'd like to see if I can reorganize my GoDaddy account to make it more manageable. I have about 700 domains. How do you do it? Contacts? Presets? Folders? CashParking?

If you are domainer & always want your portfolio get exposure than I would recommend not to go with Godaddy as its not support "Sedo MLS" I had rather recommend you check Namesilo its a trusted register which support both "Afternic Fast Transfer" as well as "SedoMLS"

*I am not affiliated with any of register so do your best. It's my personal opinion

•••
I had rather recommend you check Namesilo its a trusted register which support both "Afternic Fast Transfer" as well as "SedoMLS"

I've seen this sort of thing mentioned before. Which registrars have support for both?

•••
Excel sheet:
Letter count - domain name - extension - made up word (y/n) - registrar - creation date - acquisition date - expiry date - acquisition price - renewal price - cost of renewals till date - sale price (if any) - nameservers

This way you can easily filter your domains when looking for something.

I also mark all handregs in gray and sold domains in red.

•••
I've seen this sort of thing mentioned before. Which registrars have support for both?
Namesilo.com, Network solutions, Dynadot

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back