Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

How do you get a website icon?

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
NamecheapNamecheap
Watch

Kimberwyn

Established Member
Impact
0
You know how some websites have icons in the toolbar that you can also see when you bookmark them, and then others just have the default ie icon (or whatever browser)? How do you change this on your website, is it a script?
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Put this in your head section:

Code:
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon">
 
0
•••
I made mine on my other site - Just like Yahoo's.
Its just a big "E". Anyway, the way I did it was, I believe, I created my "E" in Photoshop than copy/pasted to a program which saves images as: ".ico". Then added the code above by
BoRiCuA and the image to server.
I dont have It on my computer anymore - but just do a google search on it. It was free.
 
0
•••
Thanks guys!
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: flexible LTO options. Close more domain deals with financing.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back